Psychological testing of some sort to purchase a firearm. Fair?

I haven't advocated anything. I posed a question. And it seems some of you on the right are childlike in your inability to articulate a rational response to it. Your stupid fucking knee jerk automatic insult responses show you to be no better that those you demonize on the left.

Nut job
Lunatic
Dark side
Boogeyman
Reactionary

All terms you shallow minded twits use on a regular basis when you can't or won't partake in an adult discussion.

It's fucking laughable. You all sit in your armchairs posting your bullshit as if it bares any more weight than mine. I got news for ya.... even as an excon who has probably experienced about everything life has to throw at me and lived through some terrible lows I still know one thing. YOU are no better than ME. My vote and my voice counts just as much as yours. No amount of shouting me down or insulting me will change that.

While you morons boycott Sonic to prove a point the left boycotts ChicFilA. In the end NOTHING changes except you BOTH may or may not hurt business & jobs.

By the way, the nut jobs, imo, are the ones defending the right of the mentally ill to own a gun.

Fuck off/end rant

Great rant, just one problem with it.... It is ALREADY illegal for the adjudged mentally ill to own firearms. You don't want joe blow to own a firearm, get the State to prove he is mentally ill and get a judge to so rule. Failing that you have no say in my right to own a firearm. Your "suggestion" violates the rights of every person in the Country. The one that can not defend their position would be you for crying about complaints and not defeating them in the supposed logical manner you claim you have presented your point. Jones made a very valid point about some of the rights you would violate with this "suggestion" I don't see you responding to him either.

Once again .0001 percent of the population are effected by being killed by firearms. And most of them are suicides. You would allow the Government to violate numerous rights so that a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent is supposedly protected. Remind me of your opinion on the fact that doctors kill over 100000 a year and your proposal to stop that?

I responded to a couple posters. But for the most part I've been taking in the rational responses and mocking the fools. Unlike so many of you im willing to listen to some people. Problem is half of you just go off half cocked like some stupid kid and try to catagorize every post you disagree with.

There was one poster from the left and one from the right that both put up excellent points, the rest of you just acted like the names you called me.

Really, you chose to ignore every thing I've said, except my saying you've gone to the dark side. I guess it's just easier to ignore everything that logically challenges your notions.

I haven't ignored anything. I've read and thought about every post in this thread. But when a post starts off with insults there really isn't much to be said.

I haven't ignored anything. I've read and thought about every post in this thread. But when a post starts off with insults there really isn't much to be said.

Isn't suggesting that, in a free country , the government should have the authority to psychoanalyze its people before they are allowed to defend their lives, an insult?

Isn't suggesting that, in a free country , the government should have the authority to psychoanalyze its people before they are allowed to defend their lives, an insult?

Nope. Putting words in my mouth is however.

Nope. Putting words in my mouth is however.

You did not say you wanted psych tests to own firearms?

Almost all of the rampage/mass shooting have one thing in common, mental instability.

We don't live in the 1700's anymore where the population of any given town is <2000. If it requires a constitutional amendment so be it.

This wasn't you?

Tell me, where in the fuck in that post does it mention giving the government control over you defending yourself?

And for the record I've been in MANY very dangerous to life situations. Both as the aggressor and victim and never once did I need a gun to defend myself.

Almost all of the rampage/mass shooting have one thing in common, mental instability.

We don't live in the 1700's anymore where the population of any given town is <2000. If it requires a constitutional amendment so be it.

This wasn't you?

Tell me, where in the fuck in that post does it mention giving the government control over you defending yourself?

And for the record I've been in MANY very dangerous to life situations. Both as the aggressor and victim and never once did I need a gun to defend myself.

So you have decided that no one can defend themselves with firearms? Why do the police have them? Why do security forces have them? Why do the old laws in the States require you prove a need for self defense to own a firearm?

You don't get to pretend you did not say what you said.

This wasn't you?

So you have decided that no one can defend themselves with firearms? Why do the police have them? Why do security forces have them? Why do the old laws in the States require you prove a need for self defense to own a firearm?

You don't get to pretend you did not say what you said.

I spoke for myself jackass.

I'm going to bed so you can ponder my non response to your next 3 dumbass posts and assign more motives to me.

You claim you want to have a discussion about firearms control and a need for psych testing before anyone is allowed to buy a firearm or possess one. Then you claim that self defense has nothing to do with firearms. And YOU want to have a meaningful conversation on firearms?

This wasn't you?

Select the correct answer:

Firearms are used for

1- removing detritus from the teeth, usually after a meal.

2- sexual toy, aka, dildo

3- defending our lives

Whatever it takes. As an excon I can't buy a firearm but I guarantee you if I could I would be 0 risk as compared to the crazies that are allowed to buy. If they can stop me they should be able to stop the nuts

Some states allow automatic restoration of civil rights. Your point is well taken.

It's not a state issue, it's a federal law. If I EVER get cought in posession of a firearm it's an AUTOMATIC 5 years.

I guess you shouldn't have broken the law then.

Some states allow automatic restoration of civil rights. Your point is well taken.

It's not a state issue, it's a federal law. If I EVER get cought in posession of a firearm it's an AUTOMATIC 5 years.

I guess you shouldn't have broken the law then.

I cannot imagine many American adults that have not done something in their lives that could be construed as a felony. The point of the thread was how difficult it is for those convicted of felonies to have their 2nd Amendment rights restored. Murked is correct, the pardon process is beyond reason in expense, time, and requirements. By the way, in my state, your third DWLS us a felony. Doesn't matter if the suspensions were for tickets and thirty years apart. Purchase a "rent to own" microwave, do not make the last payment of 20 bucks, forget about it, move, not taking the old microwave. FELONY.

One can purchase any number, and be on medications for severe depression, no questions asked. I can buy as many firearms as I desire. Problem is, I am uncorrodinated, could not hit the broadside of a barn.

After one has "paid their debt" to society, restoration of 2nd Amendment rights should not be akin to climbing Mount Everest.

Moreover, ‘psychological testing’ would likely not have the desired effect, as one might ‘pass’ his ‘psychological testing’ and be allowed to purchase a firearm, and in later years develop mental health issues that would result in his committing an act of gun violence.

Citizens’ civil liberties cannot be limited, restricted, or preempted simply because the state ‘believes’ someone ‘might’ violate the law.

Yet those who have "paid their debt" to society remain unable to purchase or possess firearms. When does the sentence end?

When one’s petition for a restoration of his civil rights is granted.

Done in the case I reference. A Presidential pardon is still required, for only firearms rights. All other rights restored by the state pardon.

Anyone that advocates losing rights over a problem that effects .0001 percent of the population is a nut job.

I haven't advocated anything. I posed a question. And it seems some of you on the right are childlike in your inability to articulate a rational response to it. Your stupid fucking knee jerk automatic insult responses show you to be no better that those you demonize on the left.

Nut job
Lunatic
Dark side
Boogeyman
Reactionary

All terms you shallow minded twits use on a regular basis when you can't or won't partake in an adult discussion.

It's fucking laughable. You all sit in your armchairs posting your bullshit as if it bares any more weight than mine. I got news for ya.... even as an excon who has probably experienced about everything life has to throw at me and lived through some terrible lows I still know one thing. YOU are no better than ME. My vote and my voice counts just as much as yours. No amount of shouting me down or insulting me will change that.

While you morons boycott Sonic to prove a point the left boycotts ChicFilA. In the end NOTHING changes except you BOTH may or may not hurt business & jobs.

By the way, the nut jobs, imo, are the ones defending the right of the mentally ill to own a gun.

Fuck off/end rant

Great rant, just one problem with it.... It is ALREADY illegal for the adjudged mentally ill to own firearms. You don't want joe blow to own a firearm, get the State to prove he is mentally ill and get a judge to so rule. Failing that you have no say in my right to own a firearm. Your "suggestion" violates the rights of every person in the Country. The one that can not defend their position would be you for crying about complaints and not defeating them in the supposed logical manner you claim you have presented your point. Jones made a very valid point about some of the rights you would violate with this "suggestion" I don't see you responding to him either.

Once again .0001 percent of the population are effected by being killed by firearms. And most of them are suicides. You would allow the Government to violate numerous rights so that a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent is supposedly protected. Remind me of your opinion on the fact that doctors kill over 100000 a year and your proposal to stop that?

ADJUDICATED incapacitated; many uncapacitated are never adjuducation obviously. Why should someone convicted of a *GASP* marijuana felony 30 YEARS ago be denied 2nd Amendment rights? A State pardon does not restore firearm rights in many cases. Presidential pardon is required.

I cannot imagine many American adults that have not done something in their lives that could be construed as a felony.

I don't care to imagine. I haven't.

I cannot imagine many American adults that have not done something in their lives that could be construed as a felony.

I don't care to imagine. I haven't.

In other words, you have live in a monastary all your life. The facts remains, if all other civil rights can be rstored in a reasonable manner, so should 2nd Amendment rights(.)

People would claim it violates their so called 'rights'.

The more confused among us would refer to them as our "so-called" rights.

Of course, today I'm a fanatic. Tomorrow when I mock Moochelles fat ass I'll be the newest cool kid.

Some of you are so sad

(patiently)

Some of us actually think that giving government the power to decide for us, which of us can own guns and which of us can't, is a BAD idea. Regardless of which bogeyman the gun-grabbers are trying to scare us with today.

So I went from a fanatic to a big government boogeyman. ...

Why the fuck can't I just be an American with an different opinion?
(patiently)

It's not all about you.

Anyone that advocates losing rights over a problem that effects .0001 percent of the population is a nut job.

TRANSLATION: I can't refute the answers I've been getting from people who disagree with me, but I hate them anyway. So I'll attack the messenger instead, call them names, and hope somebody believes I have some merit in my "arguments" even though I can't show any.

Forum List

Back