Proud of My Sister

Hobbit

Mar 25, 2004
Near Atlanta, GA
My sister called from college today and fully demonstrated to me that she can be trusted to be on her own. First off, her next door neighbor (next room over) is holding an all afternoon/evening marathon of the TV series, "Firefly." (It's awesome. Watch it now, or I will personally hunt you down and hold you hostage until you do.) Well, she refused to see it with my on my DVDs, but she's seeing it tomorrow at this event. She's also going to see the movie with all her friends this Friday, and since she's good at making friends, that increases the movie revenue and its chances on a sequal, but enough about that.

The reason I'm so proud of my sister is her latest political stance. She won't admit it, but she's mildly conservative. She likes to think she's a dead center moderate...whatever. Anyway, she's at George Mason in Fairfax, VA, just a stone's throw from D.C. (well, only if you can throw 60 miles), so she was planning on going to the anti-war protest. She's too smart to want to throw her lot in with those kooks, but she wanted to see it just because it was a big event, and she thought she could learn something. However, she found out that the great mother Sheehan was going to be there, so she opted out to avoid "going crazy and punching Sheehan in the face." I'm so proud.

:salute: :halo: :beer:

Forum List

Back