FEMA Concentrating Poverty In Gov't Built Trailer Parks

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
Go Newt!

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationw...3sep23,0,1182332.story?coll=la-home-headlines

At least in the case of housing, critics say that the president's unwillingness to rely on existing programs could raise costs. Instead of offering $10,000 vouchers, FEMA is paying an average of $16,000 for each trailer in the new parks it is contemplating. Even many Republicans wonder why the government would want to build trailer parks when many evacuees are now living in communities with plenty of vacant, privately owned apartments.

"The idea that — in a community where we could place people in the private housing market to reintegrate them into society — we would put them in [trailer] ghettos with no jobs, no community, no future, strikes me as extraordinarily bad public policy, and violates every conservative principle that I'm aware of," said former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, a Republican.

"If they do it," Gingrich said of administration officials, "they will look back on it six months from now as the greatest disaster of this administration."CONTINUE ARTICLE @ LINK

NATO AIR said:

The evacuees who came to Austin are living in private living arrangements because the Red Cross and the City of Austin have given them 7 months of free rent vouchers. April will be a real interesting month around here.

A huge community of folks dependent on the government gets flooded. What are the realistic options for permanent placement of these people?

dilloduck said:
The evacuees who came to Austin are living in private living arrangements because the Red Cross and the City of Austin have given them 7 months of free rent vouchers. April will be a real interesting month around here.

A huge community of folks dependent on the government gets flooded. What are the realistic options for permanent placement of these people?

Extensive job training, a reasonable grant for initial bills, then a reasonable loan for them to buy a house in texas, kansas, arizona, montana or some other state and place other than the ghetto in new orleans.

hell, we need to have a massive public works program. we have a lot of infrastucture in america that needs to be renovated, rebuilt, torn down and reimagined, etc etc.

NATO AIR said:
Extensive job training, a reasonable grant for initial bills, then a reasonable loan for them to buy a house in texas, kansas, arizona, montana or some other state and place other than the ghetto in new orleans.

hell, we need to have a massive public works program. we have a lot of infrastucture in america that needs to be renovated, rebuilt, torn down and reimagined, etc etc.

YOU CANNOT FORCE PEOPLE TO WORK!

With what is going on around here and I'm sure some other places around the country, I say pay the damn $14 billion and rebuild that hell hole NO fast, so these folks will go back home!

Mr. P said:
With what is going on around here and I'm sure some other places around the country, I say pay the damn $14 billion and rebuild that hell hole NO fast, so these folks will go back home!

I hope the majority of folks stay away from NO and pursue new lives, new opportunities in other places.
Break that ghetto hellhole up for good.

Mr. P said:

Me too------face it---we pay for the willing poor to live. Build them a damn place to live. Good luck in trying to make it look like we are treating them fairly though. This stuff has to be kept quiet.

dilloduck said:
Me too------face it---we pay for the willing poor to live. Build them a damn place to live. Good luck in trying to make it look like we are treating them fairly though. This stuff has to be kept quiet.
The quiet will end when everyone see the crime rate start to rise..happening here already.

they are putting them in trailer parks...are they insane !!!!!!!!!! trialers parks attract tornados..... :eek:

Mr. P said:
The quiet will end when everyone see the crime rate start to rise..happening here already.

Here too---that's why we have to get all the criminals, crazies, addicts and poor people in one place. Out of sight-out of mind.
We just have to do it --you know--discretely. The hurricanes wiped out one of our hiding places and now everyone knows, dammit.

manu1959 said:
they are putting them in trailer parks...are they insane !!!!!!!!!! trialers parks attract tornados..... :eek:

ROFLMAO!!!!!

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Gotta run for the bathroom.....gonna wet my pants!!! Good thing I wasn't drinking or eating anything!

OK you guys.........STOP!!!!

My sides are hurting from laughing............and I've run out of kleenex....tears running down my face.

Toooooooo funny!

:banana: :banana:

Forum List

Back