Protests after man shot and killed at a funeral.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
It's good to see that protests are expanding for police actions that appear unjustified. So far the police are tight lipped. Witnesses state that they called the man's name and then opened fire. They say he was armed, while witnesses say he was not.

Is it wise to go into a situation like a funeral home and open fire? Would it not make more sense to wait for the man to come outside?

Relatives and supporters protested outside the Harrison County Courthouse last week, accusing law enforcement authorities of overreach in the death of Owens, who was white. A Facebook page called Justice for Jason Owens has swelled to about 800 members — more than half of the population of Nutter Fort, where Owens was killed.

Family wants answers after pallbearer killed by officers

It appears as if this is a case of vigilante justice on the part of law enforcement. The man had fought an officer before and committed a parole violation which gave the cops justification in their eyes to come guns a blazing to seek revenge.

Hopefully the protesters learned the lesson about burning things down to get answers when they are not forthcoming.

It's good to see that protests are expanding for police actions that appear unjustified. So far the police are tight lipped. Witnesses state that they called the man's name and then opened fire. They say he was armed, while witnesses say he was not.

Is it wise to go into a situation like a funeral home and open fire? Would it not make more sense to wait for the man to come outside?

Relatives and supporters protested outside the Harrison County Courthouse last week, accusing law enforcement authorities of overreach in the death of Owens, who was white. A Facebook page called Justice for Jason Owens has swelled to about 800 members — more than half of the population of Nutter Fort, where Owens was killed.

It appears as if this is a case of vigilante justice on the part of law enforcement. The man had fought an officer before and committed a parole violation which gave the cops justification in their eyes to come guns a blazing to seek revenge.

Hopefully the protesters learned the lesson about burning things down to get answers when they are not forthcoming.
That is bizarre on the face of it. If taken at face value as facts, the statements in the article, would make this action totally indefensible.:eek:

That is bizarre on the face of it. If taken at face value as facts, the statements in the article, would make this action totally indefensible.:eek:
The OP leftist eager to vilify cops got the story wrong. The man was a fugitive from justice, and when the cops called his name to identify him and take him into custody, the lowlife PULLED A GUN ON THE COPS. ThIs is clearly a case of self-defense.

Are leftists so eager to vilify cops that they won’t allow them to defend their lives against a lowlife criminal who is on the lam, and draws a gun on them? I hope they haven’t sunken that low.

The OP leftist eager to vilify cops got the story wrong. The man was a fugitive from justice, and when the cops called his name to identify him and take him into custody, the lowlife PULLED A GUN ON THE COPS. ThIs is clearly a case of self-defense.

Why do people (you in this case) feel this incredible need to outright lie in every case like this brought to people's attention?

Did your parents never teach you any better?

Why do people (you in this case) feel this incredible need to outright lie in every case like this brought to people's attention?

Why did YOU lie in your OP? You made it sound as if the cops opened fire on him for no reason. The truth, which the article revealed, is that the CRIMINAL FUGITIVE PULLED A GUN.

Seems like when you libs get caught in a lie, you double down on it and call the person who revealed your lie the liar.

Why did your parents teach you to come up with lies to vilify cops?

Why did YOU lie in your OP? You made it sound as if the cops opened fire on him for no reason. The truth, which the article revealed, is that the CRIMINAL FUGITIVE PULLED A GUN.

Seems like when you libs get caught in a lie, you double down on it and call the person who revealed your lie the liar.

Why did your parents teach you to come up with lies to vilify cops?

OK, your parents failed society.

Did you read the story she linked? Apparently you didn't or you wouldn't have posted such an asinine comment.

Are leftists so eager to vilify cops that they won’t allow them to defend their lives against a lowlife criminal who is on the lam, and draws a gun on them? I hope they haven’t sunken that low.

I understand, that "armed suspect thing" is the only thing, that seems to be coming from the state and federal authorities, but even your article, basically agrees on circumstance. So far, no word from Law Enforcement on why the fugitive warrant was issued, nothing about recovering a gun at the scene, much less any witness of the dead guy drawing any on the officers. Basically, for all we can tell, true or false, we only know he missed a parole check-in with his case officer, not even if he had quit showing up months ago or whether, this was an isolated miss of that appointment. For all we know, he was killed for going out of state to attend his dad's funeral. I am sure it was easier to kill him outside the funeral home than having to follow to the graveside service, but with the little info release by the Feds or West Virginia, the Law Enforcement communities involve leave it open to sound like a public assassination.
I would like to see something more definitive produced by the state to justify this action if it is justifiable. Otherwise, it sounds like a planned hit, instead of a law enforcement action.

Did you read the story she linked? Apparently you didn't or you wouldn't have posted such an asinine comment.

Oddly not even the police are willing to back their story. It would seem their parents failed us also.

If he was fighting with the police, who gives a shit if they shot him? I sure as hell dont. That should be standard operating procedure for all violent police interactions. :dunno:

If he was fighting with the police, who gives a shit if they shot him? I sure as hell dont. That should be standard operating procedure for all violent police interactions. :dunno:

If you wish to interject facts no one is even stating that happened, I believe we can surmise why.

Now that nasty lib is saying my parents failed society. These libs have everything upside down. instead of condemning the lowlife fugitive who pulled a gun on cops, he’s dumping on my parents.

I understand, that "armed suspect thing" is the only thing, that seems to be coming from the state and federal authorities, but even your article, basically agrees on circumstance. So far, no word from Law Enforcement on why the fugitive warrant was issued, nothing about recovering a gun at the scene, much less any witness of the dead guy drawing any on the officers. Basically, for all we can tell, true or false, we only know he missed a parole check-in with his case officer, not even if he had quit showing up months ago or whether, this was an isolated miss of that appointment. For all we know, he was killed for going out of state to attend his dad's funeral. I am sure it was easier to kill him outside the funeral home than having to follow to the graveside service, but with the little info release by the Feds or West Virginia, the Law Enforcement communities involve leave it open to sound like a public assassination.
I would like to see something more definitive produced by the state to justify this action if it is justifiable. Otherwise, it sounds like a planned hit, instead of a law enforcement action.
The article said the criminal pulled a gun. He could have killed not only the cops, but innocent people at the funeral.

Now that nasty lib is saying my parents failed society. These libs have everything upside down. instead of condemning the lowlife fugitive who pulled a gun on cops, he’s dumping on my parents.
Who helps the low lifes acquire guns? It`s not the Democrats.

Are you suggesting that they shot a man who was in full compliance? :laugh:

So far that seems to be the case. Well actually, it seems he never got the opportunity to comply.

The article said the criminal pulled a gun. He could have killed not only the cops, but innocent people at the funeral.

Well, according to the article, he was hugging his aunt when his name was called, and they immediately started opening fire. Witnesses at the funeral stated that the man was unarmed.

They didn't say exactly what the warrant was for, but apparently he'd not checked in with his parole officer ONE TIME, before considering him a fugitive. It also states in the article that he knew he was wanted and had promised to turn himself in after the funeral.

As far as what he was on parole for? Seems that he'd escaped after an altercation with a police officer where he strangled (but didn't kill, nor was a weapon used in his escape) the officer in the process of getting away, which is what he'd been sentenced for prior to being released on parole.

This sounds like bad action by the police. Sorry, but according to the article, that is how I currently see it. If more details come out (like him actually having a weapon and drawing it), I may change my mind.

Yeah, let's just make up a story and not wait for all the facts to be made public. That works out everytime...lol

Forum List

Back