Protesters Gather Outside Islamic Conference Near Chicago

Annie,

Did you read the comments? Here is a guy named David, his comment

I was there yesterday , very upsetting 1st of all with the number of protesters maybe a dozen or so with a population so large the Chicago area and only 12 people, how sad. Then I decided to go into the conference it was open to the public at no charge, when I entered I was given a packet with info on the conference and a CD. Waiting for it to start I was browsing thru the pamphlet and was getting more upset as I kept reading. I have always thought you must know your enemy, I was able to sit thru 3 speakers and in the middle of the 3rd a Latino who became a Muslim, blaming the USA for every evil on the face of the earth I could not take it anymore and left. As I was leaving all I could think about were the old movies of Hitler standing in front of throngs of people cheering wildly. Every time one of the speakers was saying how bad it is here the crowd would say Allah Akbar agreeing with what was said. I have to say I find a number of things very saddening #1 is the # of people protesting, what is wrong people? They are telling us what they want for us. That is the end of life as we know it! The second is the # of children that were there, and the idea that this is what they are being taught about life. I think I will need a little while to take this all in and reflect on how I and others can stop this, just as the world sat quietly in the 1930's when Hitler was just talking, and the world just thought he was a little crazy man that will do nothing . I know I cannot sit by with a organization like this spilling its hate and I hope none of you will also.

In America you have the freedom to speak as you please without restriction. Sometimes that Freedom of Speech thing turns your stomach, but it's what we are free to do because of our Constitution. I hope this particular group is being monitored closely by the appropriate authorities. I suspect that it is.

Forum List

Back