Protest forming against ground zero mosque

But all of that support does not change the fact that the Cordoba Initiative, the group behind the center, has not yet started raising the $100 million it needs.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the initiative’s spiritual leader, said Tuesday he would look to donors both in America and from Muslim communities around the world to raise the money.

Another obstacle is the potential landmarking of 45-47 Park Place, the former Burlington Coat Factory building, which Rauf hopes to tear down to build the Cordoba House.

The city Landmarks Preservation Commission held a hearing on landmarking the 152-year-old building back in 1989 but never made a final decision. Even after all these years, the building is still “calendered,” which leaves its future in limbo.

The LPC will hold a hearing as soon as July to decide whether to landmark the building or remove it from consideration, said Lisi de Bourbon, LPC spokeswoman.

Read more: Mosque Near Ground Zero Still Faces Long Road Ahead - DNAinfo.com

Now they are saying it is not a "mosque" but a Muslim community center similar to the YMCA and Jewish Community Centers. How many $100 million Y's are there?

Personally, I don't think it's going to happen. But NYC is a strange place.

But all of that support does not change the fact that the Cordoba Initiative, the group behind the center, has not yet started raising the $100 million it needs.

Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, the initiative’s spiritual leader, said Tuesday he would look to donors both in America and from Muslim communities around the world to raise the money.

Another obstacle is the potential landmarking of 45-47 Park Place, the former Burlington Coat Factory building, which Rauf hopes to tear down to build the Cordoba House.

The city Landmarks Preservation Commission held a hearing on landmarking the 152-year-old building back in 1989 but never made a final decision. Even after all these years, the building is still “calendered,” which leaves its future in limbo.

The LPC will hold a hearing as soon as July to decide whether to landmark the building or remove it from consideration, said Lisi de Bourbon, LPC spokeswoman.

Now they are saying it is not a "mosque" but a Muslim community center similar to the YMCA and Jewish Community Centers. How many $100 million Y's are there?

Ummmm....no. It's always been a cultural center with a mosque. But glad you're getting more up to speed on the facts.

Here is another cultural center with a mosque

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUYIHRRaPmA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and the Imam[/ame]

9/11 Mosque imam lying to the American people
And they're eagerly buying, of course. "Ground Zero Imam: 'I Don't Believe in Religious Dialogue,' by Walid Shoebat for Pajamas Media, May 27 (thanks to all who sent this in):

Snip
9/11 Mosque imam lying to the American people - Jihad Watch

On May 25, 2010, Abdul Rauf wrote an article for the New York Daily News insisting:

My colleagues and I are the anti-terrorists. We are the people who want to embolden the vast majority of Muslims who hate terrorism to stand up to the radical rhetoric. Our purpose is to interweave America’s Muslim population into the mainstream society. [emphasis added]

Oh, really?

Only two months before, on March 24, 2010, Abdul Rauf is quoted in an article in Arabic for the website Rights4All entitled “The Most Prominent Imam in New York: ‘I Do Not Believe in Religious Dialogue.’”

Yes, you read that correctly and, yes, that is an accurate translation of Abdul Rauf. And Right4All is not an obscure blog, but the website of the media department of Cairo University, the leading educational institution of the Arabic-speaking world.

In the article, the imam said the following of the "religious dialogue" and "interweaving into the mainstream society" that he so solemnly seems to advocate in the Daily News and elsewhere:

This last line concerns me a great deal.

SIP3.jpg

The Shariah Index Project seeks to address the religion-politics relationship question that has racked the Muslim World since the death of the Prophet Muhammad. A contentious issue between religious Islamic political and secular political parties within the Muslim World, and between Muslim and Western nations (for whom Church-State separation is a foundational concept), it evolves around the right balance between institutions of political power and authority and institutions of religious power and authority, and whether the modern nation state Muslims live in should be a secular or religious (i.e. Islamic State)?

Shariah Index Project | Cordoba

There is more to be concerned about.
In his book Abdul Rauf admires Al-Ghazali
What's right with Islam: a new ... - Google Books

What is Al-Ghazalis history that concerns non muslims ?

Al-Ghazali, a Sufi orthodox Muslim, and follower of the Shafi’i school of Islamic jurisprudence, wrote this about jihad war and the treatment of the vanquished non-Muslim dhimmi peoples, in the Wajiz: [4]

[O]ne must go on jihad (i.e., warlike razzias or raids) at least once a year…one may use a catapult against them [non-Muslims] when they are in a fortress, even if among them are women and children. One may set fire to them and/or drown them…

If a person of the Ahl al-Kitab [People of The Book – primarily Jews and Christians] is enslaved, his marriage is [automatically] revoked…One may cut down their trees…One must destroy their useless books. Jihadists may take as booty whatever they decide…they may steal as much food as they need…

[T]he dhimmi is obliged not to mention Allah or His Apostle…Jews, Christians, and Majians must pay the jizya [poll tax on non-Muslims]…on offering up the jizya, the dhimmi must hang his head while the official takes hold of his beard and hits [thedhimmi] on the protruberant bone beneath his ear [i.e., the mandible]…

They are not permitted to ostentatiously display their wine or church bells…their houses may not be higher than the Muslim’s, no matter how low that is. The dhimmi may not ride an elegant horse or mule; he may ride a donkey only if the saddle [-work] is of wood.

He may not walk on the good part of the road. They [the dhimmis] have to wear [an identifying] patch [on their clothing], even women, and even in the [public] baths…[dhimmis] must hold their tongue….

Legal war (jihad) is an obligatory social duty (fard-kifaya); when one group of Moslems guarantees that it is being carried out in a satisfactory manner, the others are exempted.
The jihad becomes a strictly binding personal duty (fard-‘ain) for all Moslems who are enlisted or whose country has been [invaded] by the enemy.

It is obligatory only for free men who have reached puberty, are endowed with reason and capable of fighting. Jihad is the best of the works of supererogation. Abu Huraira relates that “The Prophet, when asked what was the best of all works, replied: Belief in God [and in His Prophet].

– And then? someone asked him. – War for God’s cause, then a pious pilgrimage.” Abu Sa’id reports also that the Prophet, when asked who was the best of all men, replied, “He who fights for God’s cause, personally and with his goods.”…

It is permitted to surprise the infidels under cover of night, to bombard them with mangonels [an engine that hurls missiles] and to attack them without declaring battle (du‘a’). The Prophet attacked the Banu Mustaliq unexpectedly, while their animals were still at the watering-place; he killed the men who had fought against him and carried off the children into captivity. It is forbidden to kill children, madmen, women, priests, impotent old men, the infirm, the blind, the weak-minded, unless they have taken part in the combat.

The chief of State decides on the fate of the men who are taken as prisoners; he can have them put to death, reduce them to slavery, free them in return for a ransom or grant them their freedom as a gift. He must choose the solution most in keeping with the common good of the Moslems.

The jizya can be demanded only from the Peoples of the Book (Ahl-al-Kitab) and from Zoroastrians (Magus), who pledge to pay it and submit to the laws of the community. The Peoples of the Book are understood to mean the Jews and those who follow the religion of the Torah, as well as the Christians and those who follow the religion of the Gospel.

When People of the Book or Zoroastrians ask to pay the jizya and to submit to the laws of the community, one must grant their request, and it is forbidden to fight them. The jizya is collected at the beginning of each year. It is set at 48 dirhems for a rich man, at 24 dirhems for a man of moderate means, and at 12 dirhems for a man of lowly estate.

It cannot be demanded from children who have not reached the age of puberty, from women, helpless old men, the sick, the blind, or slaves, nor from poor people who are unable to pay it. An infidel subject to the jizya who converts to Islam is free of this obligation. When an infidel dies, his heirs are responsible for the jizya

Some highlights of of Cordoba and Andalusia

Toledo Massacre Less

1,200 Jews were massacred by a Christian and Moslem mob attack on the Jewish section of Toledo, Spain, on this date in 1355.( Jewish calender)

850-859 - Perfectus, a Christian priest in Muslim-ruled Córdoba, is beheaded after he refuses to retract numerous insults he made about Muhammad. Numerous other priests, monks, and laity would follow as Christians became caught up in a zest for martyrdom.
Forty-eight Christians men and women are decapitated for refusing to convert or blaspheming Muhammad. They will be known as the Martyrs of Córdoba.

818 - The revolt in Córdoba against the Muslims is punished by three days of massacres and pillage, with 300 notables crucified and 20,000 families expelled.
819 - The Franks suppress revolt in Pamplona.
The Myth of the Golden Age of Tolerance in Medieval Muslim Spain - New English Review

Global Politician - The Twin Myths of Eurabia

The Legacy of Jihad [Andrew G. Bostom] - The Islamization of Europe

Some highlights of of Cordoba and Andalusia

Toledo Massacre Less

1,200 Jews were massacred by a Christian and Moslem mob attack on the Jewish section of Toledo, Spain, on this date in 1355.( Jewish calender)

850-859 - Perfectus, a Christian priest in Muslim-ruled Córdoba, is beheaded after he refuses to retract numerous insults he made about Muhammad. Numerous other priests, monks, and laity would follow as Christians became caught up in a zest for martyrdom.
Forty-eight Christians men and women are decapitated for refusing to convert or blaspheming Muhammad. They will be known as the Martyrs of Córdoba.

818 - The revolt in Córdoba against the Muslims is punished by three days of massacres and pillage, with 300 notables crucified and 20,000 families expelled.
819 - The Franks suppress revolt in Pamplona.
The Myth of the Golden Age of Tolerance in Medieval Muslim Spain - New English Review

Global Politician - The Twin Myths of Eurabia

The Legacy of Jihad [Andrew G. Bostom] - The Islamization of Europe

You've proven to be such a dishonest bigot that your posts get skipped over like a tampon ad during a football game.

This is alot to take in all at once.
Dont try to do it all at once ,I recommend at least a full year of full time study of the Quran, various tafsir, sahih bukhari Guillaume' Sirat rasul allah before commenting on any aspect of Islam.
Many local libraries allow you to sign up to read the Tabari's hadith online.

I believe the plan is for it to be the #1 Islamic Site in New York State. ;)

Dont try to do it all at once ,I recommend at least a full year of full time study of the Quran, various tafsir, sahih bukhari Guillaume' Sirat rasul allah before commenting on any aspect of Islam.

You've never completed a full day but you recommend a full year before commenting. Got hypocrisy?

:rofl:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2313973-post12.html
Please provide proof the Tafsir ibn Kathir is unreliable .

Ibn Kathir wrote a famous commentary of the Qur'an named Tafsir ibn Kathir which linked certain Hadith, or sayings of Muhammad, and sayings of the sahaba to verses of the Qur'an, in explanation.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir is famous all over the Muslim world and among Muslims in the Western world, and is one of the most widely used explanations of the Qu'ran today. This site introduces the reader to one of the most Authentic books for explaining the Quran using both arabic and english text to grasp the understanding of the Quran.

Tafsir Ibn Kathir - Quran Tafsir - Home

Last edited:
Since xtians can build churches near the children they molest, I don't see any problem with this

Since xtians can build churches near the children they molest, I don't see any problem with this

You know I hate to say it because I think your intent was to troll but I think you have a point.

Would anyone complain if the Catholics built a massive church near an orphanage or a school?

You know I hate to say it because I think your intent was to troll but I think you have a point.

Would anyone complain if the Catholics built a massive church near an orphanage or a school?

No. Catholics do not protect molesters, they are prosecuted.

Rotfl! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"Immediately after the Boston Globe broke the abuse story in 2002, Law refused to step down. But 11 months later, when priests’ records were released by court order showing that Law took elaborate steps to cover for abusers, he stepped down."
Irish Catholics Call For Cardinal Law’s Resignation, Following Clergy Abuse Report | WBUR

What happened next? Law got promoted!

But go on with your laughable claims.....

Rotfl! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

"Immediately after the Boston Globe broke the abuse story in 2002, Law refused to step down. But 11 months later, when priests’ records were released by court order showing that Law took elaborate steps to cover for abusers, he stepped down."
Irish Catholics Call For Cardinal Law’s Resignation, Following Clergy Abuse Report | WBUR

What happened next? Law got promoted!

But go on with your laughable claims.....

So you are arguing that what individuals do and have done, even those in position of power, are representative of the whole body? So a pedophile being human, by your reasoning, would implicate all humans? That explains so much about you. ;)

I get it now. Law was from Boston, so everyone from Boston is like him. Hmmm... Human nature attempting to cover up bad things.... never heard of before.... never outside of the Roman Catholic Church. You got me there curveball. Thanks for the heads up! ;)

Forum List

Back