Prosecutor Fired for Attending Conference

GunnyL said:
I asked a simple question. Implying that I am okay with discrimination and making excuses for white supremacists does NOT answer the question.

Again .... if all ethnic groups use their ethnicity as an identifier preceeding Nationality, then why is it only discriminatory/racist if European Americans wish only to be identified in the same manner as everyone else?

How many white Americans do you know who identify themselves as European American? Ask a white person what their ethinc background is and you'll get answers like half-Irish, one-quarter-French, and one-quarter-Italian on my mother's side. You won't get very many, if any, that say their ethnic background is European.

If someone acts like a racist (attends meetings of a white supremacy organization) and talks like a racist (insinuating allowing non-whites to immigrate is bad for whites) then IMO that person has outed himself as a bigoted racist. It's not an unreasonable conclusion.

MissileMan said:
How many white Americans do you know who identify themselves as European American? Ask a white person what their ethinc background is and you'll get answers like half-Irish, one-quarter-French, and one-quarter-Italian on my mother's side. You won't get very many, if any, that say their ethnic background is European.

You see a problem with being MORE specific than simply European? White Americans identify themselves ethnically only to be more specific than the obvious.

dilloduck said:
You see a problem with being MORE specific than simply European? White Americans identify themselves ethnically only to be more specific than the obvious.

No, I'm saying that the term "European American" is ambiguous and is being used by white supremacists in lieu of white to "soften" the hatred they spew. Look how well it's working right here in this thread.

MissileMan said:
dilloduck said:
No, I'm saying that the term "European American" is ambiguous and is being used by white supremacists in lieu of white to "soften" the hatred they spew. Look how well it's working right here in this thread.

no more ambiguous than "black american".

MissileMan said:

Ireland, France, Italy, et al are WHERE? Europe last I checked.

If someone acts like a racist (attends meetings of a white supremacy organization) and talks like a racist (insinuating allowing non-whites to immigrate is bad for whites) then IMO that person has outed himself as a bigoted racist. It's not an unreasonable conclusion.

Not too sure. You're a bit quick on the draw with the "racism" label. I'm white -- Scottish-American to be exact -- and damned proud of it. I'm not apologetic and I'm not taking any shit off anyone for it.

Which differentiates me from other minority groups HOW? While they are "proud of their heritage," I am racist for makign such statements. I call bullshit.

And just to clarify ..... I do not defend racism nor racists. But they are entitled to the SAME rights under the Constitution as you or anyone else. They don't have lesser rights just because their message is unpopular.

GunnyL said:
Not too sure. You're a bit quick on the draw with the "racism" label. I'm white -- Scottish-American to be exact -- and damned proud of it. I'm not apologetic and I'm not taking any shit off anyone for it.

Which differentiates me from other minority groups HOW? While they are "proud of their heritage," I am racist for makign such statements. I call bullshit.
And I'm not suggesting that your use of the term Scottish-American is wrong or racist.

GunnyL said:
And just to clarify ..... I do not defend racism nor racists. But they are entitled to the SAME rights under the Constitution as you or anyone else. They don't have lesser rights just because their message is unpopular.

While working for the government in any capacity...public office, military, etc. there are restrictions on your conduct as you are aware. This guy is a racist and IMO,has no business holding an ADA position.

MissileMan said:
And I'm not suggesting that your use of the term Scottish-American is wrong or racist.

While working for the government in any capacity...public office, military, etc. there are restrictions on your conduct as you are aware. This guy is a racist and IMO,has no business holding an ADA position.

So a black who went to a NAACP meeting outta get canned too?

dilloduck said:
I know---It was a question.

I have no objection to public office holders worshipping in whatever manner they see fit as long as they can maintain a separation between their service to their deity and their service to the community.

MissileMan said:
I have no objection to public office holders worshipping in whatever manner they see fit as long as they can maintain a separation between their service to their deity and their service to the community.

Heck--people can't even separate thier private wallet from the communities' much less a religious belief system.

If a racist can separate his sevice to his race from his service to the community why should he held to a different standard?

MissileMan said:
Hey, if you all want to make excuses for a white supremacist that's your prerogative. Frankly, I don't get it. I guess some of you folks are OK with discrimination as long as it isn't aimed at you. I expected a different opinion from some of you.
I would need more evidence of his racism before I called him on it. That is a very nasty charge to level at someone.

MissileMan, the only documented and verifiable ongoing racism are various Affirmative Action programs around the nation. They institute a double standard, one for whites, one for non whites.

MissileMan said:
Your examples are obviously using EA in the geographical sense, not an ethnic one. Nice try though.

Your statement was as follows:

Anyone who would use the term Europian American is obviously a bigot.

"...the term European American...." (ean vice ian by the way).

Reading your phrase would indicate to many people that you are rather close- minded when it comes to certain phrases and words instead of looking at them in the context of the sentence.

Kind of like what other groups do.

It seems the thought police is in full swing.

If you dont agree with the consensus you will be prosecuted and loose your
job. The leftwing teacher and the rightwings guy are the first to go.

You are next.

A distinction:

The "Bush is Hitler" teacher was doing his bit on taxpayer time. The prosecutor was on his own time and dime.

mom4 said:
He also mentions "other people born in America." Just from this quote, I don't think one can conclude that he is a racist. "White," or "European Americans" are the largest demographic in America, thus the contrast with "other people born in America." In this quote, he does not seem opposed to equal opportunity for any "race." He is simply calling for restrictions on immigration.

that might be true on face value, but Im not buying his story that he was only attending as a learning tool.

Let him be investigated and the truth will come out.

As for the double standard, as soon as white americans, errr, excuse me, european americans, go through a 100 year history of oppression by blacks, where they can openly lynch them, try them and PROSECUTE them without evidence, i.e. railroad them because they are black/white, then it will apply. And, although the naacp certainly has its cast of racist characters, it cannot by any rational person be compared to a KKK meeting. Please tell me how many whites have been lynced by members of the NAACP.

GunnyL said:
My question is, if African Americans and Hispanic Americans have identifiers ethnic identifiers preceeding Nationality, how come it is only whites are tagged with "supremacist" by identifying themselves in the same manner?

because there has not been a blatant and prolonged period of whites being oppressed, beaten, murdered, killed, raped, denied education, denied decent housing, jobs, voting, you want me to add to the list?

Forum List

Back