Prosecution dumps Twelve Million, Eight Hundred Thousand Documents (rounded) on Team Trump

Not me. I never worked for him, and wouldn't. There is lots of competent legal help out there that wouldn't work for him, some quitting him, already.
You're posts lamenting the fact that he doesn't even pay for his own defense like a jealous cry baby says it all. In reality, it should tell you something. Do you think that many people would support the defense of Joe Biden. The moon is full, you'll get more results by howling at it.

Clown show, relying on a leftoid like 'Arlette' for your source.

No, not how it works. The defense attorneys need to see ALL the alleged evidence.

And no, there is no way Trump knows "what they have against him". What, he's a fucking mind reader?
Not a source, just somebody else that recognizes, trump is aware of what he has done. She thinks he should come clean. That ain't happening.

Looks like the Justice department is complying with the law and sent them all of it, but up to them to know what to do with it. Then the jury can listen to both sides argument and decide, based on the law.

In the federal case probing former President Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, prosecutors have turned over 12.8 million documents to the former president’s legal team as part of discovery, prosecutors said Monday.

Trump faces four criminal charges in Washington, D.C., tied to his actions after losing the 2020 election, culminating in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan set a trial date of March 4 in the case — a date strongly objected to by Trump’s legal team, which argued that it would take substantially more time than that to get familiar with discovery and ensure the former president is “adequately represented.”

A quarter of the 12.8 million documents are associated with Trump’s campaign or political action committees that have supported it, according to prosecutor Molly Gaston.

Transcripts of grand jury testimony and accompanying exhibits make up 5 million of the documents, and 3 million documents originated from the Secret Service, she said.

So, each and every one of these documents has either incriminating evidence that the prosecution actually intends to introduce, or it has exculpatory evidence that the prosecution is required to hand over. There is no filler, unless the prosecution is being incredibly unethical by trying to burden Trump's defense with unnecessary work.

We know fine fellas like those in the DOJ would neeehhver do that.

So . . . how long should Team Trump be allowed to sort through those twelve million, eight hundred thousand documents? I asked one specific poster on another thread and got a nonsensical answer involving some sort of magical sorting machine with a law degree. Or something. If you also believe in the magical sorting machine, tell me how long it will take the lawyers to read the really important millions of those 12.8 millions, once the initial sort is done.

They dumped that much to hide stuff.

Glad to see you are impartial---LMAO. Screw the trial and the corrupt democrats--BURN HIM AT THE STAKE. You should be ashamed of yourself, commie.
Screw the trial? You think he should be burned at the stake? Nah. I suspect he will be tried and if found guilty, punished according to current law, and that is the way it should be.

Your post. Trump is aware of what he HAS done. You've already burned him. Don't try to deflect your crap on me. Are you Saul Alinsky reincarnate?
Of course he knows what he has done, what he has said, who he may have coordinated with and how he may have attempted to carry out, his plans. His basic plea is that there was nothing wrong with it. Fine. He will have his day in court (or in these 4 cases) his days in court to prove his innocence, just like anybody else. Nothing wrong with that.

I suspect that most jurors are biased against Trump. They figure that four indictments are no accident. They know they are dealing with a dangerous wannabe dictator. They know they have the power to put him into cold storage.
With the sudden shift in black support to Trump, following the railroad indictments, that biased DC jury strategy may backfire on the prosecution as so many of their strategies already have.

BTW. This 'judge' Upchuckin thinks she is smart and hectored Trump's attorney repeatedly at the hearing.

And among her gems as to why the trial date should be early 2024 she referenced the trial of a Boston Marathon bomber taking place 2 years after the bombing. But she failed to note it was also 2 years after the indictment. Which would mean Trump's J6 trial shouldn't begin until August 2025.

You're posts lamenting the fact that he doesn't even pay for his own defense like a jealous cry baby says it all. In reality, it should tell you something. Do you think that many people would support the defense of Joe Biden. The moon is full, you'll get more results by howling at it.
From what I can gather we will soon find out...maybe.

Greg

In the federal case probing former President Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, prosecutors have turned over 12.8 million documents to the former president’s legal team as part of discovery, prosecutors said Monday.

Trump faces four criminal charges in Washington, D.C., tied to his actions after losing the 2020 election, culminating in the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol attack.

On Monday, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan set a trial date of March 4 in the case — a date strongly objected to by Trump’s legal team, which argued that it would take substantially more time than that to get familiar with discovery and ensure the former president is “adequately represented.”

A quarter of the 12.8 million documents are associated with Trump’s campaign or political action committees that have supported it, according to prosecutor Molly Gaston.

Transcripts of grand jury testimony and accompanying exhibits make up 5 million of the documents, and 3 million documents originated from the Secret Service, she said.

So, each and every one of these documents has either incriminating evidence that the prosecution actually intends to introduce, or it has exculpatory evidence that the prosecution is required to hand over. There is no filler, unless the prosecution is being incredibly unethical by trying to burden Trump's defense with unnecessary work.

We know fine fellas like those in the DOJ would neeehhver do that.

So . . . how long should Team Trump be allowed to sort through those twelve million, eight hundred thousand documents? I asked one specific poster on another thread and got a nonsensical answer involving some sort of magical sorting machine with a law degree. Or something. If you also believe in the magical sorting machine, tell me how long it will take the lawyers to read the really important millions of those 12.8 millions, once the initial sort is done.
12.8 million? Uh yeah, there's some irrelevant filler in there. That is bullshit.

It'd take forever to go through that many documents. This is blatant rigging, there's no way the prosecution has gone through

all that and intend to use it as relevant. That's grounds for a mistrial right there. Swamping the defense with tons of

irrelevant documents for discovery.

Screw the trial? You think he should be burned at the stake? Nah. I suspect he will be tried and if found guilty, punished according to current law, and that is the way it should be.
With 12.8 million documents, that trial ain't happenin' before 2034.

Actually with that, I bet it gets thrown out PDQ. Garbage!

12.8 million? Uh yeah, there's some irrelevant filler in there. That is bullshit.

It'd take forever to go through that many documents. This is blatant rigging, there's no way the prosecution has gone through

all that and intend to use it as relevant. That's grounds for a mistrial right there. Swamping the defense with tons of

The prosecution knows exactly which documents it will actually present to the jury. Or if not, they are incredibly incompetent. It won't be more than 100, if it is even close to that. Why overwhelm the jury?

This is a literal version of the "mountain of evidence," Democrats claim exists when they want to prop up one of their idiotic policies. They can never show the evidence, they just keep saying, "look at the mountain of evidence!"

Any competent judge that looks at this on appeal will throw it out for prosecutorial misconduct.

Forum List

Back