Meadows felt like his phone number was plastered on every bathroom wall in America.

May 4, 2022

D.C. judge: Public has a right to a quick trial on Trump 2020 charges​

U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan has scheduled Donald Trump’s D.C. trial on charges of attempting to overturn the 2020 presidential election for March 4, 2024. At a separate hearing in Atlanta, Trump’s former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, has been testifying for hours about Trump’s efforts to reverse Joe Biden’s victory in Georgia; the purpose of that hearing is to see if Meadows can move his state-level indictment to federal court. Trump is a front-runner in the Republican 2024 presidential contest, and the D.C. trial’s starting date is the day before the Super Tuesday primaries.

and

Under questioning from his own attorney, Mark Meadows repeatedly described the post-election atmosphere at the Trump White House as chaotic. He testified that because he was viewed as someone who had “the ear of the president,” he was deluged by phone calls and emails, including from people questioning the outcome of the 2020 election.

“It felt like my phone number was plastered on every bathroom wall in America,” Meadows said of the calls.

Great stuff

• Banned
My take on it is:

Meadows used the NAZI defense in asking the court to remove his case to federal court

Meadows is trying to persuade a judge that his actions under scrutiny were carried out by him as a federal officer. He was only breaking the laws as part of his official business.

Damn! I've never found my phone number on any bathroom wall!

Forum List

Back