Proposal - Let's get rid of Columbus Day!

Many people do not celebrate or even recognize Columbus Day anymore, so I have a proposal.

Let's move Labor Day to the first Monday in October, and replace the September holiday with Patriot's Day on September 11.

The number of holidays remains the same. It elevates Patriot's Day on September 11 to it's rightful place as a national holiday. Labor Day has no specific date tied to it, so it can easily be moved.

What do you think?
What!? You're going to do away with indigenous people day! The one where we celebrate the awesomeness of a tribal warring group of people who somehow slept through the rest of the world discovering things like metals and the wheel. How the hell do we honor these non-achievers?
With corn..
i will trade Columbus day,,,and in place we can have...."Nice Vagina Day",,,and thats when all attractive females will be allowed to go to work panty-less.
Better be prepared for the slug trails...

Many people do not celebrate or even recognize Columbus Day anymore, so I have a proposal.

Let's move Labor Day to the first Monday in October, and replace the September holiday with Patriot's Day on September 11.

The number of holidays remains the same. It elevates Patriot's Day on September 11 to it's rightful place as a national holiday. Labor Day has no specific date tied to it, so it can easily be moved.

What do you think?
What!? You're going to do away with indigenous people day! The one where we celebrate the awesomeness of a tribal warring group of people who somehow slept through the rest of the world discovering things like metals and the wheel. How the hell do we honor these non-achievers?
With corn..
i will trade Columbus day,,,and in place we can have...."Nice Vagina Day",,,and thats when all attractive females will be allowed to go to work panty-less.
Better be prepared for the trails...
we can probably name at least 3 male democrats who wont complain,,and will even visit the girls at work

What do you think?

I don't think 9/11 is something we should celebrate. Only a matter of time before they cheapen it.

Columbus Day, President's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day are all already cheapened by sales and other cheap promotions and I'm really surprised no one has done a Martin Luther King Day White Sale. We've pretty much forgotten what or who we are celebrating.

The reason why Columbus Day is controversial now is that we are now realizing that the European Colonization of the America's wasn't so much an event as a tragedy.
Celebrate 9/11?

Who said celebrate?

What do you think?
With corn..
we can probably name at least 3 male democrats who wont complain,,and will even visit the girls at work
Jenner is not a democrat...

With corn..
i wonder if Jenner will go pantyless on that holiday

With corn..
It will draw flies if he does...

i wonder what will fly to Hillary on pantyless day

How about a screw you boss day? That defines how most all Americans feel....those that work anyway

I like my bosses.
I divorced mine...Got the remote one...
well im sure we will still have "Its Ok to be topless" day
Yeah, people want to see me topless...
girls wanted to see me topless in my 30's
Was that 20 or 30 years ago??

Termites on breeding day..

what about those 3 inch flies we have in the south?

What do you think?

Patriot's Day? Who are/were the so-called "Patriots"?

native_north_american_genocide_by_sabotsabot.jpg

What do you think?
With corn..
Just make it Liberal pantywaste day.

i would like to propose a holiday. "It's OK to fart loud in public" day. then, no one will have to hold back a fart waiting at a wal mart check out or maybe even an important job interview

what about those 3 inch flies we have in the south?
What we called horse flies in the SW...

Forum List

Back