Proposal - Let's get rid of Columbus Day!

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2015
Sitting down in front of my computer
Many people do not celebrate or even recognize Columbus Day anymore, so I have a proposal.

Let's move Labor Day to the first Monday in October, and replace the September holiday with Patriot's Day on September 11.

The number of holidays remains the same. It elevates Patriot's Day on September 11 to it's rightful place as a national holiday. Labor Day has no specific date tied to it, so it can easily be moved.

What do you think?

when i was working in the PO i always felt columbus day was a shitty holiday....very few had it off, so the day after was a fucked day in the PO,the mail volume was worse than a normal day after a holiday.....i would have been for your proposal at that time as well as now....

Many people do not celebrate or even recognize Columbus Day anymore, so I have a proposal.

Let's move Labor Day to the first Monday in October, and replace the September holiday with Patriot's Day on September 11.

The number of holidays remains the same. It elevates Patriot's Day on September 11 to it's rightful place as a national holiday. Labor Day has no specific date tied to it, so it can easily be moved.

What do you think?
Seems reasonable to me.

aside from a couple of parades, CD is barely noticed.

What do you think?

I don't think 9/11 is something we should celebrate. Only a matter of time before they cheapen it.

Columbus Day, President's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day are all already cheapened by sales and other cheap promotions and I'm really surprised no one has done a Martin Luther King Day White Sale. We've pretty much forgotten what or who we are celebrating.

The reason why Columbus Day is controversial now is that we are now realizing that the European Colonization of the America's wasn't so much an event as a tragedy.

What do you think?

I don't think 9/11 is something we should celebrate. Only a matter of time before they cheapen it.

Columbus Day, President's Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day are all already cheapened by sales and other cheap promotions and I'm really surprised no one has done a Martin Luther King Day White Sale. We've pretty much forgotten what or who we are celebrating.

The reason why Columbus Day is controversial now is that we are now realizing that the European Colonization of the America's wasn't so much an event as a tragedy.
when are you going to contact your local rez to turn your property over to them?

What do you think?

Celebrate 9/11?

What do you think?
What!? You're going to do away with indigenous people day! The one where we celebrate the awesomeness of a tribal warring group of people who somehow slept through the rest of the world discovering things like metals and the wheel. How the hell do we honor these non-achievers?

What do you think?
What!? You're going to do away with indigenous people day! The one where we celebrate the awesomeness of a tribal warring group of people who somehow slept through the rest of the world discovering things like metals and the wheel. How the hell do we honor these non-achievers?
With corn..

What do you think?
With corn..
i will trade Columbus day,,,and in place we can have...."Nice Vagina Day",,,and thats when all attractive females will be allowed to go to work panty-less.

What do you think?
Let's abolish all useless holidays instead.

What do you think?
With corn..
Good call. We need an "At least we had corn" day. We can have children do a play and dress up.

European child: We have guns, ships, ships with guns, and other ships with more guns what do you have?

Indigenous person: Colorful corn.

Crowd: All hail colorful corn!

What do you think?

I dunno, figure eventually liberals will want to remove Labor Day because it has a connection to work.

How about a screw you boss day? That defines how most all Americans feel....those that work anyway

Forum List

Back