Proposal - Let's get rid of Columbus Day!

i would like to propose a holiday. "It's OK to fart loud in public" day. then, no one will have to hold back a fart waiting at a wal mart check out or maybe even an important job interview
Well if you know they won't hire you what the heck difference does it make?

No thanks. I wouldn't mind adding some more holidays, though.

Many people do not celebrate or even recognize Columbus Day anymore, so I have a proposal.

Let's move Labor Day to the first Monday in October, and replace the September holiday with Patriot's Day on September 11.

The number of holidays remains the same. It elevates Patriot's Day on September 11 to it's rightful place as a national holiday. Labor Day has no specific date tied to it, so it can easily be moved.

What do you think?

But what about the Boston Marathon???

I think that the Monday after the Super Bowl should be a National Holiday. It could be called American Culture Day, where we celebrate (or rather recover from) our over-indulgence.

Many people do not celebrate or even recognize Columbus Day anymore, so I have a proposal.

Let's move Labor Day to the first Monday in October, and replace the September holiday with Patriot's Day on September 11.

The number of holidays remains the same. It elevates Patriot's Day on September 11 to it's rightful place as a national holiday. Labor Day has no specific date tied to it, so it can easily be moved.

What do you think?
What!? You're going to do away with indigenous people day! The one where we celebrate the awesomeness of a tribal warring group of people who somehow slept through the rest of the world discovering things like metals and the wheel. How the hell do we honor these non-achievers?
With corn..
i will trade Columbus day,,,and in place we can have...."Nice Vagina Day",,,and thats when all attractive females will be allowed to go to work panty-less.
Just make it Liberal pantywaste day.
You mean like use small panties on huge booty?

If we get rid of Columbus day then they get rid of Martin Luther King day too

I grew up with Columbus Day.

it's part of my DNA

Nobody and nothing will make me get rid of it.

Or of statues or of History.....or of the past.

It is what it is.... and no amount of whingeing and complaining from the Left will make me change my mind.

NEVER.

native_north_american_genocide_by_sabotsabot.jpg

Native Americans were doing that stuff to each other long before Europeans got here ... :thup:

But you can act like it was the white man's fault just because they were better at it.​

it's part of my DNA

It is what it is.... and no amount of whingeing and complaining from the Left will make me change my mind.

NEVER.
the left is making it sound as if Columbus landed in plymouth rock,,hung around with the native americans, then moved south where he bought a bunch of slaves.

it's part of my DNA

NEVER.
the left is making it sound as if Columbus landed in plymouth rock,,hung around with the native americans, then moved south where he bought a bunch of slaves.
There was beer also..

it's part of my DNA

NEVER.

The Left ain't there

The Left means nothing

Snowflakes don't count in this world.

it's part of my DNA

NEVER.

The Left ain't there

The Left means nothing

and the excuses! Columbus was responsible for 250,000 deaths? :laugh2: who knew we had that many people on earth in 1492...

it's part of my DNA

NEVER.
There was beer also..
its a good thing Columbus knew about the Spamana Canal....he saved about 10,000 gallons of Boat Fuel

it's part of my DNA

NEVER.

The Left ain't there

The Left means nothing

and the excuses! Columbus was responsible for 250,000 deaths? :laugh2: who knew we had that many people on earth in 1492...

Yeah....Columbus is also responsible for all the deaths in Chicago.

:cuckoo:

Native Americans were doing that stuff to each other long before Europeans got here ... :thup:

But you can act like it was the white man's fault just because they were better at it.​

lol, how exactly does that make everything okay?

You people can't handle a Mexican coming into the US to mow lawns, but for some reason the continent-wide destruction of native peoples by European invaders is A-Okay.

Forum List

Back