Prophecy Clarified

Originally posted by Zhukov
I actually don't think that's a very healthy way to look at life. It could easily lead one to complacency.

The preoccupation with an 'after-life' strikes me as profoundly nihilistic.
Only if one lets themselves become complacent. I never said that we should not keep up the struggle. But I also realize that if it is lost in my lifetime, everything will be OK. And more precisely, if I die fighting for what I believe, I also know that all will be OK. That was my point. I never intimated that one should stop trying to make the world a better place. Also, how do you surmise that myself or Christians in general, have a preoccupation with the afterlife?

PS: I have to admit that I had to look up nihilistic. Thanks for providing a chance for me to expand my vocabulary!

Originally posted by gop_jeff
I always miss the good threads! :(

Anyway, I thin RWA's original version was close, but not right on, but it looks like NewGuy and FreeandFun cleared it up.

My own opinion is that, while it could very well be the EU that becomes the one-world government, it could also be the UN, or OPEC, or the Arab League, or NATO... I don't think anyone knows right now, and I don't know how one would know before the time came.

No talk of pre-trib/mid-trib/post-trib, huh? :D

And dillo, in response to your questions, I would argue only that if there is a God that is a higher power than we are (which I believe to be true), that He would be wise enough to devise one system by which He could save/govern all mankind. I don't buy into the 'all roads lead to God' argument because many of those roads are mutually exclusive.

Not asking you to buy anything GOP--thats the difference between you and me. Do you guys even understand how much people resent being told how to run their spiritual life? Now newguy is trying to tell me Exactly which version of the bible is true.

Originally posted by dilloduck
Not asking you to buy anything GOP--thats the difference between you and me. Do you guys even understand how much people resent being told how to run their spiritual life? Now newguy is trying to tell me Exactly which version of the bible is true.
Dillo.... I haven't seen anybody TELL you how to run your spiritual life. They/we made recommendations based upon our beliefs. As we have very clearly stated, it is up to you to choose the path that you choose.

Would you rather I didn't?

Does that affect the truth?

Which is more important, truth or warm fuzzies?

Suggestions and pointers by me cannot be commands unless you consider yourself to be following me which you should not, as I have said before.

Let the Bible prove its self. Let God prove Himself.

Your're correct--you haven't told me how to live my spiritual life. You do however claim that I am wrong. Your the one with the warm fuzzies newguy. You have found the way for YOU. Congrats. Just dont try to tell me my way is wrong. It's not your place and you are doing me no favors by trying to enlighten me.

Your're correct--you haven't told me how to live my spiritual life. You do however claim that I am wrong. Your the one with the warm fuzzies newguy. You have found the way for YOU. Congrats. Just dont try to tell me my way is wrong. It's not your place and you are doing me no favors by trying to enlighten me.

Either you want the facts or you don't.

The way you are behaving, once again, you prove you don't.

If you just want to appear like you are learning for your benefit and REALLY just want to cause an argument, you won't win with me. You can give up now.

I have ONE position on the Bible and Christ. I am FOR THEM. -Not against.

Take your compromise somewhere else, it is sheer blashphemy and I won't stand for it.

It IS my place to call it out as wrong as dictated Biblically. Until you get educated about what I believe, you have no business claiming what my place is.

Dillo.... you asked questions and now you get angry because somebody offered you answers based on their beliefs. Don't ask if you don't want to hear.... that is the simplest answer for you.

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Also, how do you surmise that myself or Christians in general, have a preoccupation with the afterlife?

Eternal salvation.

Isn't that the whole point? The Christ died for your sins, and your acceptance of him insures life eternal. That eternal life being after this one of course.

It was my understanding that just about every religion concerned itself chiefly with the after-life.

Sure, most religions instruct behavior as it relates to this life, but only insofar as it pertains, ultimately, to the after-life.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Either you want the facts or you don't.

The way you are behaving, once again, you prove you don't.

If you just want to appear like you are learning for your benefit and REALLY just want to cause an argument, you won't win with me. You can give up now.

I have ONE position on the Bible and Christ. I am FOR THEM. -Not against.

Take your compromise somewhere else, it is sheer blashphemy and I won't stand for it.

It IS my place to call it out as wrong as dictated Biblically. Until you get educated about what I believe, you have no business claiming what my place is.

the problem lies with telling someone else who believes in christ that he's wrong when he doesn't parrot you on everything. Would you tell the pope he's wrong if you disagreed with him on a point?

I ask questions to hear what you believe to be the answer. I want it clearly stated and in your own words as to not misunderstand. You and Newguy have said that you are right because a certain version of the bible says that you are. OK. That's your stance. Go for it. It's not mine and I will go my way. It's just you feel the need to tell me that my spirituality is not right. If God chooses to change his mind about something I guess its you who will have to deal with it. At least I'll be there to think about it. I'm afraid you would immediately call it the work of Satan and dismiss it. Go for it !! I wish you the best !!

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Would you tell the pope he's wrong if you disagreed with him on a point?

If the Pope believes that anything he says is equal to things said in scripture, he's dead-wrong. If the Pope believes he's sin-free in nature, he's wrong too.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
the problem lies with telling someone else who believes in christ that he's wrong when he doesn't parrot you on everything. Would you tell the pope he's wrong if you disagreed with him on a point?

How many times do I have to repeat ...."READ THE BOOK".

Since when did I say I was the authority.

You are really starting to look like a butthead the way you like to keep misrepresenting me and picking a fight.

Is that what you are trying to do all the time?

If so, at least admit it.

It's just you feel the need to tell me that my spirituality is not right.

Hey, if the Bible says it, who am I to disagree?

If God chooses to change his mind about something I guess its you who will have to deal with it.

Read the Bible. GOD DOES NOT CHANGE HIS MIND. THAT IS FACT.

Your misrepresentation of scripture is disgusting and you just want to pick a fight.

I ask questions to hear what you believe to be the answer. I want it clearly stated and in your own words as to not misunderstand. You and Newguy have said that you are right because a certain version of the bible says that you are. OK. That's your stance. Go for it. It's not mine and I will go my way. It's just you feel the need to tell me that my spirituality is not right. If God chooses to change his mind about something I guess its you who will have to deal with it. At least I'll be there to think about it. I'm afraid you would immediately call it the work of Satan and dismiss it. Go for it !! I wish you the best !!
Look, I am not going to argue with you about this stuff. You asked and I gave you my version. You don't have to believe me and I don't have to believe you. As I said, don't ask if you don't want to hear. If I am wrong (which of course, I do not believe that I am) then that is the path I chose and I will have to deal with the consequences. Pure and simple.

Frankly, I don't proclaim that I am right. I merely point out that the Bible upholds what I believe and it does so in clear and concise scriptures. I follow the Bible. If you follow something else, again, that is the path you chose. It is different than mine and I do not begrudge you for your choices.

If God chooses to change his mind about something I guess its you who will have to deal with it.

Not lumping you in the same category, but you do realize that what you said is what the Muslims claim. They say God changed his mind and that is where Mohammed came from.

If one believes in the God of the Bible, then they must accept that he will not change his mind and that all others that proclaim that he has is a false prophet.

Its impossible to have a productive debate if I do not know your stance. I will not dispute something with you that you don't even believe to be true . I have openly asked honest questions and accepted that your responses are what you believe. I have read the bible of my choosing. I have faith that I was spoken too. Can God tell people different things? The bible tells you to correct your fellow christians when YOU think they are wrong? Sorta sounds like you are shepard 1st class.

Its impossible to have a productive debate if I do not know your stance. I will not dispute something with you that you don't even believe to be true . I have openly asked honest questions and accepted that your responses are what you believe. I have read the bible of my choosing. I have faith that I was spoken too. Can God tell people different things? The bible tells you to correct your fellow christians when YOU think they are wrong? Sorta sounds like you are shepard 1st class.

The Bible tells you to point out false teachings as they are proven false according to the Bible.

We have been this route and you don't listen.

Debate?

Told you you were here to pick a fight.

Have a nice day.

oh ya My bad--you are here to enlighten everyone and are not subject to being challenged !
Dillo.... what happened to you today? Take a nap and wake up on the wrong side of the bed? You started out sounding sincere then turned like a rabid dog. Either you turned sour during the day or you were just setting everything up for a fight in the first place.

Dillo, I would much rather discuss such subjects over a cup of coffee or a friendly-toned thread myself. I have found that I tend to learn things from people with whom I discuss spiritual matters.

Forum List

Back