Proof: Obama WAS Trying to Use Joint Speech As Political Ploy

What you're describing is called fund raising. Even though you say you're not, you seem pretty angry. It's not been my experience that angry people do the clearest of thinking and analyzing. No offense.
Calling bullshit on bullshitting bullshitters ≠ anger.

You may now cease and desist with your pedantic attempts at projection.

No offense.
I'm not sure you really understand the concept of projection.

Also...I guess I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt that you can be profane and vulgar without being angry.

Sorry for my part in irritating you to the point where you've demanded that I "cease and desist"......btw....pedantic!.....great word!
I understand projection just fine...Just as I understand when I've used the wrong terminology....."Impute" was the word I was looking for.

Insofar as my use of profanity as a comma is concerned:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf9erulmi_4]Do you have to use so many cuss words? - YouTube[/ame]

Not making me angry at all.

What's irritating is the fluffers acting as though it was all just an innocent mistake, when anyone with half a brain can see that it was a deliberate ploy for attention.

Yet not so irritating that it takes the amusement out of mocking the useful idiots who have their heads jammed up Boiking's ass. :lol:
For this particular scheduling issue...Obama doesn't need to be defended. Obama is also supposed to create ploys for attention, or at least his strategists are...it's election season!

And conservative media is doing what they're supposed to do...make people mad at Obama for just exisiting.

It's all great...as long as one (not you in particular) recognizes the possibility they may be a pawn.

The problem was that Obama got attention, but not the attention he wanted.

He made himself look -

Petty for wanting to upstage the Republicans at their event.
Inept for not having a plan firmed up.
Weak by being stared down by Boehner one more time.

And it was all so unnecessary. Whenever the events were heard, his joint session was going to get more ink and more coverage than anything that happened at the GOP debate.

Not making me angry at all.

What's irritating is the fluffers acting as though it was all just an innocent mistake, when anyone with half a brain can see that it was a deliberate ploy for attention.

Yet not so irritating that it takes the amusement out of mocking the useful idiots who have their heads jammed up Boiking's ass. :lol:
For this particular scheduling issue...Obama doesn't need to be defended. Obama is also supposed to create ploys for attention, or at least his strategists are...it's election season!

And conservative media is doing what they're supposed to do...make people mad at Obama for just exisiting.

It's all great...as long as one (not you in particular) recognizes the possibility they may be a pawn.

He made himself look -

And it was all so unnecessary. Whenever the events were heard, his joint session was going to get more ink and more coverage than anything that happened at the GOP debate.

really?

funny. i think it made boehner look petty and inept for doing what rushbo told him to.

i do agree it made obama look weak for once again not telling the freaks to f'k themselves.

mmm.. I heard they needed an extra day to install Obama's styrofoam Roman columns...but I could be wrong..

He made himself look -

really?

funny. i think it made boehner look petty and inept for doing what rushbo told him to.

i do agree it made obama look weak for once again not telling the freaks to f'k themselves.

Huh?:cuckoo:

Of course it wasn't a coincidence...but it still shouldn't make you angry.

I'm not a leftist. I'm not a Democrat. I didn't vote for Obama. I'm a fiscal conservative and a social libertarian.

What I hate...and am against....is the 24 cable media, and shoddy tabloid pseudo journalism that is repsonsible for Americans NOT being able to bring up politics without it turning into a shouting match. And right now....it's conservative media that's trying to get us to hate each other.

Barry Goldwater, another fiscal conservative and social libertarian, said it best

I would expand to say they don't have to be vulgar, or profane either. But every time the party that is out of power wants the Presidency back...they pull this stuff...ever since the immortal Lee Atwater cranked the volume up on that vitriol to 10.
Sometimes it's necessary to shout and hurl obscenities.
When our impertinent punk President ASSUMES that the Speaker will bow to his blatant stunt, deliberately scheduled to upstage a planned GOP debate, Speaker Boehner and every other rational person should, very loudly, tell him to "Fuck off!"
I can't believe I'm actualy about to write this......but I'm glad Boehner has too much class to do that.

Figuratively, of course, but that is basically what happened. I'm sure the private conversation between Boehner's staff and obama's was a lot closer to "Fuck off" than Boehner's public statement.
I don't know about you, but I show respect to all until one's actions show he does not deserve it as is clearly the case with President obama.

With them pulling dumb STUNTS like the timing of this speech and how his administrations agencies are OUT OF CONTROL making up regulations that are KILLING JOBS, ignoring Illegal Immigration and letting them off the hook, suing states, suing banks, raiding businesses because of wood.

Now you see why Obama is in the 30's approval ratings. Unfortunately, Obama sold the people a bill of goods that WAS FALSE and they fell for it and elected this community AGITATOR at heart with no experience at doing ANYTHING ELSE.

Let's hope we make it to 2012 without much more DAMAGE done to us by them. But I don't hold out much hope for that.

Last edited:
ran across this...sweetness and light adds their own commentary in the article. you can see it best at their site.

SNIP?
‘Source’: WH Is Furious Over Speech Delay
September 2nd, 2011
From White House conduit, Roger Simon, at the Politico:

W.H. furious over speech delay
By: Roger Simon
September 1, 2011

It seemed like a trivial matter: On Wednesday, House Republicans forced the president to delay his speech to a joint session of Congress by one day.

Who cares? The White House cares. Very much.
W.H. furious over speech delay - Roger Simon - POLITICO.com (LOTS of comments at politico on this article

“It is a big deal that the House said ‘no’ to the president from our end,” a White House source with intimate knowledge of what took place between the House and the president told me Thursday. “This confirms what we all know: They will do anything in the House to muck us up.”

For the record, Mr. Boehner didn’t say no. He just suggested another date. But look at the feigned victimhood from this supposed ‘source.’

On Wednesday, the White House staff did not know exactly what President Barack Obama was going to say in his major jobs speech, but it knew exactly where and when he was going to say it…

A sentence that tells you all you ever need to know about Mr. Obama’s priorities.

But the planning turned out to be a mess, a mess that illuminates just how hyper-partisan politics have become on Capitol Hill at exactly the time Obama is calling for bipartisanship…

Is this the same bipartisan Obama who calls Republicans an enemy that needs to be punished, and ‘hostage takers’? Whose Vice President calls the Tea Party supporters ‘terrorists’?

And, at first, things seemed to fall into place. At about 10 or 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, White House chief of staff Bill Daley called House Speaker John Boehner and asked that a joint session of Congress be assembled the following Wednesday night. The White House viewed Boehner as a political opponent, but not an enemy and the call was cordial, even pro forma considering such a request had never before been refused.

We do not know whether a request for a specific date has ever been refused or not. We suspect such requests have been refused all the time.

And, according to the White House source, Boehner said “okay” to Daley’s request for the Wednesday evening date.

Which tells you that this supposed source is either a fantasy or a liar.

(Asked for comment, Boehner’s press secretary, Brendan Buck, said he had nothing to add to his statement of Wednesday that read in part: “No one in the speaker’s office – not the speaker, not any staff – signed off on the date the White House announced today.”) …

Funny how they would make such a bold statement that could be easily refuted — if it wasn’t true.

At 11:55 a.m. Wednesday, the White House tweeted the news about the joint session. “And then Rush Limbaugh beat Boehner up,” the source said.

Look at the logic here. If Mr. Obama’s scheduled joint session speech had been agreed, the White House would have ‘tweeted’ that. Instead, from what we have seen, all the tweets were that the White House had made a request to Congress for a JSOC speech.

read it all here/
‘Source’: WH Is Furious Over Speech Delay | Sweetness & Light

Last edited:
One problem here is that the protocol of scheduling a joint session of Congress was not observed by this White House. The fact is a president cannot schedule a joint session of Congress on his own hook. He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.
This was an unprecedented move.

:lol: The hubbub earlier this week was over his request (of Boehner and Reid) for the joint session, not some imaginary "announcement" or "decree" from the White House. You couldn't wait a full week to rewrite history to fit your narrative?
Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. Leader: )

Our Nation faces unprecedented economic challenges, and millions of hardworking Americans continue to look for jobs. As I have traveled across our country this summer and spoken with our fellow Americans, I have heard a consistent message: Washington needs to put aside politics and start making decisions based on what is best for our country and not what is best for each of our parties in order to grow the economy and create jobs. We must answer this call.

Therefore, I respectfully request the opportunity to address a Joint Session of Congress on September 7, 2011, at 8:00 p.m. It is my intention to lay out a series of bipartisan proposals that the Congress can take immediately to continue to rebuild the American economy by strengthening small businesses, helping Americans get back to work, and putting more money in the paychecks of the Middle Class and working Americans, while still reducing our deficit and getting our fiscal house in order. It is our responsibility to find bipartisan solutions to help grow our economy, and if we are willing to put country before party, I am confident we can do just that.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama​

The hubbub was over the fact that he released the letter to the press before he had gotten a final answer from Boehner's office. That, in case you missed the point of the OP, was a violation of protocol.

Thanks for trying to defend him though, it is entertaining to watch people try to rewrite history less than a week after it occurred.

Wait, was that your line?

In any event that's not the point, Obama, the Downgraded President, assumed Congress would bow to his request like he bows to the Saudi King

That's why he's an autocrat? Because he asked to speak and expected Congress to allow him to (as they have)?

Not always. It seems that Tip O'Neil once flat out refused to let Reagan address them at all.

The Boehner-Obama Precedent - WSJ.com

But seriously, keep posting. I will throw you a rope when you reach the bottom of that hole. I do not promise to tie it off though, I see no reason to make things to easy for you.

he sent out a fund raising letter on the same night Boehner asked him to switch the speech. Whoa...that means....what does that mean? Obama sent out campaign letters? OH THE HORROR! I thought I would never see the day when someone didnt know the definition of proof
Is English you second language?

He simply does not have that power Constitutionally. He must ask the Senate majority leader and the speaker of the House of Representatives if the date he is requesting will work. Such a date has to be agreed upon by Congress before announcements are made. Obama did not do this. He simply tried to decree on what date the speech would be held and announced that date as if it were settled.
This leaves open only two possibilities, both quite plausible:

1) Boiking doesn't know the constitutional protocol for assembling a joint session of congress for the purpose of presidential addresses.....A high degree of plausibility, seeing he's shown himself to be completely incompetent in other areas of the protocol of the office.

2) He knew the requisite formalities and chose to ignore them for whatever reason....Also carrying a high degree of probability, as he has shown numerous times that he seems to fancy himself an autocrat.

So, he's either stupid or a tyrant...Take your pick.

Or didnt think it would be a problem. Or does your partisanship even allow that to be a possibility?

How does knowing that the date will conflict with a scheduled debate that some members of Congress are committed to attend and thinking that it will not be a problem negate the two possible explanations given?

I will not hold my breath waiting for an explanation.

Topic: Obama assumes Congress bows to his every request

You: Not on topic.

The premise of the thread is exactly the opposite of what you're suggesting. The OP is claiming the President made the request for that particular date specifically because he expected to be rebuffed.

That's why "But the very night that Obama was shot down by Speaker Boehner on the date he chose for his jobs address, Obama’s campaign sent out a fundraising letter that pretty much proves that Obama intended the whole episode to be the very political ploy his pals in the Old Media tried to deny was happening." is written in red.

However, I was responding in particular to the idiotic claim that Obama didn't make the formal request at all but just "decreed" it. Anyone who even glanced at a news article about it knows this pseudo-controversy was sparked by Obama's letter to the Speaker and Majority Leader making the formal request.

The premise of the OP was that it was a political ploy. They are now trying to spin the fact that the Republicans refused to go along with the ploy into a chance to fire up the base.

Are you getting close to the bottom?

This was an unprecedented move.

:lol: The hubbub earlier this week was over his request (of Boehner and Reid) for the joint session, not some imaginary "announcement" or "decree" from the White House. You couldn't wait a full week to rewrite history to fit your narrative?

Dear Mr. Speaker: (Dear Mr. Leader: )

Our Nation faces unprecedented economic challenges, and millions of hardworking Americans continue to look for jobs. As I have traveled across our country this summer and spoken with our fellow Americans, I have heard a consistent message: Washington needs to put aside politics and start making decisions based on what is best for our country and not what is best for each of our parties in order to grow the economy and create jobs. We must answer this call.

Therefore, I respectfully request the opportunity to address a Joint Session of Congress on September 7, 2011, at 8:00 p.m. It is my intention to lay out a series of bipartisan proposals that the Congress can take immediately to continue to rebuild the American economy by strengthening small businesses, helping Americans get back to work, and putting more money in the paychecks of the Middle Class and working Americans, while still reducing our deficit and getting our fiscal house in order. It is our responsibility to find bipartisan solutions to help grow our economy, and if we are willing to put country before party, I am confident we can do just that.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Barack Obama​

In any event that's not the point, Obama, the Downgraded President, assumed Congress would bow to his request like he bows to the Saudi King

Funny how things work out. :lol:

obama-bow.jpg

@ quantum
You are assuming he knew there would be a conflict. Why?

Gee, I don't know. Could it because they admitted they knew about the conflict when they tried to set the date and time?

The White House was well aware the president’s speech would conflict with a http://www.politico.com/2012-election/reagan-republican-debate/ planned Republican debate sponsored by POLITICO and NBC to be held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif. The debate would be broadcast live by MSNBC and live-streamed by POLITICO. CNBC and Telemundo will re-air the broadcast.

http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=040BF8AD-4589-47E9-94B0-AA7E9B68390E

No, that could not possibly be it. I must be imagining things.

Conflict with the debate but you can't expect him to know everyones schedule and who planned to attend either. Besides the debate was not the reason it had to be moved Boeher cited security reasons, right?

Since the President rarely has anything resembling a plan, his jobs plan speech should be interesting.

More importantly, I am sure what he really wants from this is improved approval ratings. So, I'll be watching those more closely. Also, I wonder what the Neilsons will show. Particularly compared to the NFL game immediately following the speech.

Forum List

Back