Proof: Obama WAS Trying to Use Joint Speech As Political Ploy

he sent out a fund raising letter on the same night Boehner asked him to switch the speech. Whoa...that means....what does that mean? Obama sent out campaign letters? OH THE HORROR! I thought I would never see the day when someone didnt know the definition of proof
Yep!....just more phony outrage from the anti Obama media.

It's just all part of the GOP's election strategy....cultivate as much anger and hostility towards Obama as you can. Typical modus operandi in our post-Atwater era. The 2004 DNC campaign tried to make Bush look like a bloodthirsty war monger.

Yeah, right...It was the "anti-Obammy media" who deliberately tried to schedule a big dog-and-pony show speech in direct conflict with the GOP primary debate. :rolleyes:
The point is that it shouldn't make you angry...especially not enough to lash out at people and call them names.

What's the big deal?...it's not like righties will watch Obama instead or anything....right?

Anti-Obama folks are so easilly outraged and frothed up...all Rush would have to say is "Obama brushes his teeth....every DAY!!!.....wouldn't his time be better served creating jobs!!???"......and furious righties would create a thread about it here.

Well, at least you can acknowledge that the chances that this was a scheduling coincidence are on an extremely low order of probability.

Even though that's more intellectual honesty than we normally get from leftist fluffers like you, it still isn't enough to divert attention from the fact.

Oh, and your projection of *ahem* assumed emotional states upon others is entirely irrelevant.

Last edited:
Well, at least you can acknowledge that the chances that this was a scheduling coincidence are on an extremely low order of probability.

Even though that's more intellectual honesty than we normally get from leftist fluffers like you, it still isn't enough to divert attention from the fact.

Oh, and your projection of *ahem* assumed emotional states upon others is entirely irrelevant.
Of course it wasn't a coincidence...but it still shouldn't make you angry.

I'm not a leftist. I'm not a Democrat. I didn't vote for Obama. I'm a fiscal conservative and a social libertarian.

What I hate...and am against....is the 24 cable media, and shoddy tabloid pseudo journalism that is repsonsible for Americans NOT being able to bring up politics without it turning into a shouting match. And right now....it's conservative media that's trying to get us to hate each other.

Barry Goldwater, another fiscal conservative and social libertarian, said it best

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable....Barry M Goldwater

I would expand to say they don't have to be vulgar, or profane either. But every time the party that is out of power wants the Presidency back...they pull this stuff...ever since the immortal Lee Atwater cranked the volume up on that vitriol to 10.

Last edited:
Not making me angry at all.

What's irritating is the fluffers acting as though it was all just an innocent mistake, when anyone with half a brain can see that it was a deliberate ploy for attention.

Yet not so irritating that it takes the amusement out of mocking the useful idiots who have their heads jammed up Boiking's ass. :lol:

What's irritating is the fluffers acting as though it was all just an innocent mistake, when anyone with half a brain can see that it was a deliberate ploy for attention.

Yet not so irritating that it takes the amusement out of mocking the useful idiots who have their heads jammed up Boiking's ass. :lol:
For this particular scheduling issue...Obama doesn't need to be defended. Obama is also supposed to create ploys for attention, or at least his strategists are...it's election season!

And conservative media is doing what they're supposed to do...make people mad at Obama for just exisiting.

It's all great...as long as one (not you in particular) recognizes the possibility they may be a pawn.

For this particular scheduling issue...Obama doesn't need to be defended. Obama is also supposed to create ploys for attention, or at least his strategists are...it's election season!

And conservative media is doing what they're supposed to do...make people mad at Obama for just exisiting.

It's all great...as long as one (not you in particular) recognizes the possibility they may be a pawn.
You (the royal "you", not you in particular) don't need to be a pawn of the politico/media complex to recognize and call bullshit on an over-aged punk, who's just stirring up the shit to get attention and fill his campaign coffers.

You (the royal "you", not you in particular) don't need to be a pawn of the politico/media complex to recognize and call bullshit on an over-aged punk, who's just stirring up the shit to get attention and fill his campaign coffers.
What you're describing is called fund raising. Even though you say you're not, you seem pretty angry. It's not been my experience that angry people do the clearest of thinking and analyzing. No offense.

Last edited:
The June 24, 1986, edition of The Wall Street Journal featured a story headlined, “President’s Bid to Address the House On Nicaragua Is Rejected by Speaker.” That’s right, no quibbling over the date and time, just a flat-out rejection. In that case, President Ronald Reagan wanted to address the House before its critical vote on funding for the anti-communist “Contra” rebels in Nicaragua. Then-Speaker Thomas “Tip” O’Neil said that he was willing to host a Reagan speech if it was expanded to include the Senate in a joint session, or he would allow the President to speak to the House alone if the President would also agree to take questions from lawmakers. Otherwise, there would be no Reagan speech in the House chamber. Reagan already had the votes to prevail in the Senate, and Mr. O’Neil wanted to avoid having the spotlight turned on the House, which would make him and his colleagues accountable to the public if Contra aid were rejected.

Both Speaker O’Neil then and Speaker Boehner this week were on very solid Constitutional ground. The president has no more right to take over the proceedings in the House, or to invite himself in, than does the speaker have the right to commandeer the president’s time and attention within the White House.

LINK

What you're describing is called fund raising. Even though you say you're not, you seem pretty angry. It's not been my experience that angry people do the clearest of thinking and analyzing. No offense.
Calling bullshit on bullshitting bullshitters ≠ anger.

You may now cease and desist with your pedantic attempts at projection.

No offense.

Calling bullshit on bullshitting bullshitters ≠ anger.

You may now cease and desist with your pedantic attempts at projection.

No offense.
I'm not sure you really understand the concept of projection.

Also...I guess I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt that you can be profane and vulgar without being angry.

Sorry for my part in irritating you to the point where you've demanded that I "cease and desist"......btw....pedantic!.....great word!

I'm not a leftist. I'm not a Democrat. I didn't vote for Obama. I'm a fiscal conservative and a social libertarian.

What I hate...and am against....is the 24 cable media, and shoddy tabloid pseudo journalism that is repsonsible for Americans NOT being able to bring up politics without it turning into a shouting match. And right now....it's conservative media that's trying to get us to hate each other.

Barry Goldwater, another fiscal conservative and social libertarian, said it best

I would expand to say they don't have to be vulgar, or profane either. But every time the party that is out of power wants the Presidency back...they pull this stuff...ever since the immortal Lee Atwater cranked the volume up on that vitriol to 10.
Sometimes it's necessary to shout and hurl obscenities.
When our impertinent punk President ASSUMES that the Speaker will bow to his blatant stunt, deliberately scheduled to upstage a planned GOP debate, Speaker Boehner and every other rational person should, very loudly, tell him to "Fuck off!"

Sometimes it's necessary to shout and hurl obscenities.
When our impertinent punk President ASSUMES that the Speaker will bow to his blatant stunt, deliberately scheduled to upstage a planned GOP debate, Speaker Boehner and every other rational person should, very loudly, tell him to "Fuck off!"
I can't believe I'm actualy about to write this......but I'm glad Boehner has too much class to do that.

Forum List

Back