Progressivism is incompatible with life

Well that is because it is controlled by the far left!

As we have seen in Pennsylvania, in order for the Democrats to win, they have to run as blue Dog Democrats and denounce the far left and all their religious dogma.

Are you talking about Lamb? Do you know what any of his positions are?

Conor Lamb campaigned:

1. For universal health care
2. Against Trump’s tax cut
3. For expanded background checks
4. For stronger unions
5. Against cuts to Social Security
6. For a woman’s right to choose
7. For medical marijuana
Are you talking about Lamb? Do you know what his positions were?

1. Pro-gun, 2nd Amendment Rights
2. Pro-life
3. Drill baby, drill approach to energy and fossil fuels

I do know, obviously more than you do...and I don't require a purity test like you also, obviously, do.

1.You can be both "pro gun" and "2nd Amendment rights" and also support common sense gun legislation.

May 3, 1994

To Members of the U.S. House of Representatives:
We are writing to urge your support for a ban on the domestic manufacture of military-style assault weapons. This is a matter of vital importance to the public safety. Although assualt weapons account for less than 1% of the guns in circulation, they account for nearly 10% of the guns traced to crime.

Every major law enforcement organization in America and dozens of leading labor, medical, religious, civil rights and civic groups support such a ban. Most importantly, poll after poll shows that the American public overwhelmingly support a ban on assault weapons. A 1993 CNN/USA Today/Gallup Poll found that 77% of Americans support a ban on the manufacture, sale, and possession of semi-automatic assault guns, such as the AK-47.

The 1989 import ban resulted in an impressive 40% drop in imported assault weapons traced to crime between 1989 and 1991, but the killing continues. Last year, a killer armed with two TEC9s killed eight people at a San Francisco law firm and wounded several others. During the past five years, more than 40 law enforcement officers have been killed or wounded in the line of duty by an assault weapon.

While we recognize that assault weapon legislation will not stop all assault weapon crime, statistics prove that we can dry up the supply of these guns, making them less accessible to criminals. We urge you to listen to the American public and to the law enforcement community and support a ban on the further manufacture of these weapons.

Sincerely,

Gerald R. Ford

Jimmy Carter

Ronald Reagan
2. He holds the same position as i and most Americans do. Personally opposed, but supporting a woman's right to choose.

3. He says he pro fracking and also pro environment. I believe that is an insurmountable contradiction, but PA will have to deal with the increase in earthquakes.

It is also what you need for a healthy middle class and economy

Wanting others to succeed doesn't mean taking money from those who work hard and redistributing it to the able bodied who refuse to work. That is unhealthy.

Read something take it trip. Get out of your ridiculous GOP propaganda bubble. I suggest Australia or New Zealand. They have all that and minimum wage over $15.

This is demonstrably closed-minded. The fact that you think I would have anything to do with the misanthropic Republican party shows that you have not taken the time to even try to understand my opening post. This is insanity; people coming here to verbally lambast each other while gangsters rob us all blind and slaughter innocents by the truck load... If you did not understand my comments about the left/right march toward tyranny, then ask for clarification; but for the love of all that's holy, please recognize that the fellow hogs in the pen are NOT the enemy we should be concerned with.

You can be both "pro gun" and "2nd Amendment rights" and also support common sense gun legislation.

The Second Amendment explicitly forbids infringement of the people's right to keep and bear arms. To claim that it is possible to support the Second Amendment, and at the same time to support any infringements of this right, is an exercise in Orwellian Doublethink.

You can be both "pro gun" and "2nd Amendment rights" and also support common sense gun legislation.

The Second Amendment explicitly forbids infringement of the people's right to keep and bear arms. To claim that it is possible to support the Second Amendment, and at the same time to support any infringements of this right, is an exercise in Orwellian Doublethink.

As part of a well regulated militia. I'm especially down with the well regulated part.

As part of a well regulated militia. I'm especially down with the well regulated part.

“Well regulated” does not mean what you think it means, in that context. And even if it did, the Second Amendment does not assert a right belonging to the militia, nor dependent in any way on it. It asserts a right belonging to the people, and forbids infringement of that right.

You cannot honestly and rationally claim to support the Second Amendment, and at the same time, support any infringement of the people's right to keep and bear arms. As I said, to claim to do so is an exercise in Doublethink, as defined and described by George Orwell.

“To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word—doublethink—involved the use of doublethink.
·
·
·
The power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them… To tell deliberate lies while genuinely believing in them, to forget any fact that has become inconvenient, and then, when it becomes necessary again, to draw it back from oblivion for just as long as it is needed, to deny the existence of objective reality and all the while to take account of the reality which one denies—all this is indispensably necessary. Even in using the word doublethink it is necessary to exercise doublethink. For by using the word one admits that one is tampering with reality; by a fresh act of doublethink one erases this knowledge; and so on indefinitely, with the lie always one leap ahead of the truth.”

“...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”. The right belongs to the people, not your imaginary militia. No matter how hard you wing-nuts work to pervert the U.S. Constitution, it will never happen.

Hunting rifles and shotguns where all that were needed until the gun makers took over the NRA and the GOP. The laws we have are plenty to protect us from the government. That's a whole new idea 2.

“...the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”. The right belongs to the people, not your imaginary militia. No matter how hard you wing-nuts work to pervert the U.S. Constitution, it will never happen.
Keep thinking that the 2nd Amendment has no restrictions and watch tomorrow's voters go from wanting stricter gun laws to having the constitution amended.

Perhaps it's incompatible with the life you want, where women can't vote, blacks know their place, and your lack of ability to see beyond your Archie Bunker mentality isn't a source of ridicule.
If you liberal numbnuts are anything at all, you're funny! Ridiculously so! Republicans have done more for women and blacks than Democrats want to admit. Look at the history of the civil rights struggle regarding opposition to it. You will find the Democrats opposed it until realizing in 1964 that they could get votes and dependency upon mother government by passing out checks and trinkets to blacks. LBJ said as much when he signed his Great Society bill.

Looking at History: How political parties reacted to women's suffrage: the Liberal Party

Democratic Party's Racist History | [site:name] | National Review

Perhaps it's incompatible with the life you want, where women can't vote, blacks know their place, and your lack of ability to see beyond your Archie Bunker mentality isn't a source of ridicule.
If you liberal numbnuts are anything at all, you're funny! Ridiculously so! Republicans have done more for women and blacks than Democrats want to admit. Look at the history of the civil rights struggle regarding opposition to it. You will find the Democrats opposed it until realizing in 1964 that they could get votes and dependency upon mother government by passing out checks and trinkets to blacks. LBJ said as much when he signed his Great Society bill.

Looking at History: How political parties reacted to women's suffrage: the Liberal Party

As always, if you can point out a racist democrat from 50, or 100 years ago that is running for office today, I promise not to vote for them.

As always, if you can point out a racist democrat from 50, or 100 years ago that is running for office today, I promise not to vote for them.
^^^^^^...proving my point!

Odd, but I see no mention of women not voting, blacks being placed, or Archie Bunker mentioned anywhere in the OP's post! Please point them out to me. If anything, the OP was calling for and saying the exact opposite! You speak about the alleged oppression of people by the Right that never in fact actually happens. The OP was speaking to the suppression of people's minds by the Left, which of course as a Leftie yourself, you simply never SEE.

Keep thinking that the 2nd Amendment has no restrictions and watch tomorrow's voters go from wanting stricter gun laws to having the constitution amended.

Where, in the words “…the right of the people…shall not be infringed.” do you find restrictions on the right being thus affirmed?

Like I said...take the hard , no compromise, line and see what the future brings. Kids that grew up having active shooter drills in school will someday lead this country.

Where, in the words “…the right of the people…shall not be infringed.” do you find restrictions on the right being thus affirmed?

Like I said...take the hard , no compromise, line and see what the future brings. Kids that grew up having active shooter drills in school will someday lead this country.

Amend the Constitution, if you can get the public support necessary to do so. Good luck with that.

Short of that, the Second Amendment is the law of this nation, and as part of the Constitution, it cannot be overridden by any lesser law. It can only be changed by amending the Constitution. Unless and until that is done, every act of government which interferes or attempts to interfere with the people's right to keep and bear arms is flatly illegal. Every legislator who votes for a bill to violate this right, every executive who signs any such bill into law, any judge who upholds any such law, every officer who arrests anyone for violating such a law—every single one of them is actinging illegally; every single one of them is a criminal.

Let your side continue to openly align itself with tyrants and criminals, and see where it gets you.

What you advocate under the name “compromise” is lawlessness and corruption.

Amend the Constitution, if you can get the public support necessary to do so. Good luck with that.

Short of that, the Second Amendment is the law of this nation, and as part of the Constitution, it cannot be overridden by any lesser law. It can only be changed by amending the Constitution. Unless and until that is done, every act of government which interferes or attempts to interfere with the people's right to keep and bear arms is flatly illegal. Every legislator who votes for a bill to violate this right, every executive who signs any such bill into law, any judge who upholds any such law, every officer who arrests anyone for violating such a law—every single one of them is actinging illegally; every single one of them is a criminal.

Let your side continue to openly align itself with tyrants and criminals, and see where it gets you.

What you advocate under the name “compromise” is lawlessness and corruption.

QU Poll Release Detail

American voters support stricter gun laws 66 - 31 percent, the highest level of support ever measured by the independent Quinnipiac University National Poll, with 50 - 44 percent support among gun owners and 62 - 35 percent support from white voters with no college degree and 58 - 38 percent support among white men.

Today's result is up from a negative 47 - 50 percent measure of support in a December 23, 2015, survey by the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll.

Support for universal background checks is itself almost universal, 97 - 2 percent, including 97 - 3 percent among gun owners. Support for gun control on other questions is at its highest level since the Quinnipiac University Poll began focusing on this issue in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre:

• 67 - 29 percent for a nationwide ban on the sale of assault weapons;
  • 83 - 14 percent for a mandatory waiting period for all gun purchases. It is too easy to buy a gun in the U.S. today, American voters say 67 - 3 percent. If more people carried guns, the U.S. would be less safe, voters say 59 - 33 percent. Congress needs to do more to reduce gun violence, voters say 75 - 17 percent.

Forum List

Back