Progressives Explain the Economy #1: How High taxes create jobs

How easy can this be? You all call for high taxes, please explain the benefits.

Quote Krugman if you're really lost

Higher Taxes => Higher Revenue => Repair, Restore, Create infrastructure => Jobs => Private Business Makes Use of Infrastructure => Goods faster to Market => Safe and Trusted Markets => More Private Revenue

Need more?

What actually happens is:

Higher taxes => more spending on entitlements, payoffs, wasted programs in crony's districts=>lack of good working infastructure is kept unfunded so as to be used again fas an excuse to increase taxes more=>jobs go over seas to escape taxes=> jobs lost => more entitlements

need more?

What actually happens is:

Higher taxes => more spending on entitlements, payoffs, wasted programs in crony's districts=>lack of good working infastructure is kept unfunded so as to be used again fas an excuse to increase taxes more=>jobs go over seas to escape taxes=> jobs lost => more entitlements

need more?
Yeah...When do I get my free shit?

Higher Taxes => Higher Revenue => Repair, Restore, Create infrastructure => Jobs => Private Business Makes Use of Infrastructure => Goods faster to Market => Safe and Trusted Markets => More Private Revenue

Need more?

Is that "You didn't built that!" School of Economic Thought?

So countries with roads and bridges are the most prosperous?

Higher Taxes => Higher Revenue =>

Not always. In fact, sometimes the exact opposite happens. Raise rates, lower revenue. But for purposes of this discussion, let's assume you are correct and revenues actually increase following an increase in tax rates...

Repair, Restore, Create infrastructure => Jobs => Private Business Makes Use of Infrastructure => Goods faster to Market =>

First, the federal government has no authority to "repair, restore, create infrastructure", but for purposes of this argument, let's assume you're including states in your assessment...

Tell us exactly how goods will get to market faster. Fewer potholes to negotiate?

Safe and Trusted Markets

So fewer potholes makes markets safe and trusted? Hmm...

=> More Private Revenue

Really? Let's get this straight: You're saying if we take more money from our most productive citizens, run it through government bureaucracies, then spend it on infrastructure...more private revenue will be realized?

Wow.

I guess Jerry Brown's train will make everyone rich!

You want that in crayon?

Whatever is most comfortable for you

Keyboard works.

What's CF's theory on this?

Defense - Paid with by magic.
Infrastructure - Paid with by magic.
Court houses - Paid with by magic.
Bridges and Roads - Paid with by magic.

===or====

Somalia rules?

Not sure. Whether you are more of a hobbit theory kind of guy or an anarchist...

Need more?

Yup.

Tarnation, dey shure dew, Jethro!

You want that in crayon?

Keyboard works.

===or====

Somalia rules?

Not sure. Whether you are more of a hobbit theory kind of guy or an anarchist...

I just read 40 posts by Progressives pining openly for the days of 70 -90% tax rates, including Noble Prize Economist (LOL) Krugman and was wondering if any of you could explain how and why this works

Keyboard works.

===or====

Somalia rules?

I just read 40 posts by Progressives pining openly for the days of 70 -90% tax rates, including Noble Prize Economist (LOL) Krugman and was wondering if any of you could explain how and why this works

underpants-gnomes-business-model.png

Need more?

I have been told stories of these and seen pictures in books and once saw one of those moving picture thingies.

I hope we get those roads and bridges soon...
And maybe in my area we can get indoor plumbing
It's getting cold outside and the cold gives me the runs.
It would be nice to get indoor plumbing.

Any reason to get more money into the hands of politicians
who don't fucking know how to manage money.

Then they give all these reasons why we need to hand more
of it to them....

Wow this "you didn't build that speech" and Elizabeth Warren with that BS
where we are nothing without government holding our hand every step of the way.
This has really captured the hearts and minds of the Progressive mind...

What a joke.

Higher Taxes => Higher Revenue =>

Not always. In fact, sometimes the exact opposite happens. Raise rates, lower revenue. But for purposes of this discussion, let's assume you are correct and revenues actually increase following an increase in tax rates...

Repair, Restore, Create infrastructure => Jobs => Private Business Makes Use of Infrastructure => Goods faster to Market =>

First, the federal government has no authority to "repair, restore, create infrastructure", but for purposes of this argument, let's assume you're including states in your assessment...

Tell us exactly how goods will get to market faster. Fewer potholes to negotiate?

Safe and Trusted Markets

So fewer potholes makes markets safe and trusted? Hmm...

=> More Private Revenue

Really? Let's get this straight: You're saying if we take more money from our most productive citizens, run it through government bureaucracies, then spend it on infrastructure...more private revenue will be realized?

Wow.

I guess Jerry Brown's train will make everyone rich!

Open up the constitution.

Go to power of congress.

Check out congress' power to post roads, over commerce and defense.

And get back to me when you figure out that, yeah, the federal government has some very broad powers.

Forum List

Back