CDZ Programs opposed by Conservatives that were successes

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Americans with Disabilities Act
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Conservatives fought tooth and nail against all of them but they have proven to be such successes that even Repuplicans support them today
Affirmative action has been a disaster. Gay rights is an opinion issue. Medicare and Social Security are in financial crisis.

Affirmative Action was a major success with women, blacks, minorities gaining access to jobs that were once reserved solely for white males

Why do you believe that hiring, or admitting to a college, anyone but the best qualified is a good thing?
100% correct.

Replaced it with a 70 percent tax bracket
I’ll take that, will you?

Yes, yes I would. PROVIDED that it is adjusted for inflation.

You have a bit of a foggy memory about the Eisenhower Days. Either that or you have gotten your talking points from the DailyKOS who left out a few..."minor" details.

I have done this before but I’ll do it again for your edification, from (1963). It will do for our purposes. Anyone (a single person) earning $4,000 per year or less paid income tax at the rate of 20%. Adjusted for inflation, that would be $31,800.00 per year. That translates to everyone earning LESS THAN $31,800 PER YEAR TODAY WOULD PAY 20% INCOME TAX. Gosh, that sure would eliminate that 48% that pay no income tax today! Way to go!

As for the top rate of your beloved 91% in 1963, that was paid by those earning over $400,000.00 Adjusted for inflation, that would be $3,186,770.00 today. Do you want to tell us that 1% of the nation earns of 3.2 MILLION PER YEAR? Really?

In the same year, employees paid 3.625% for Social Security and the employer paid nothing. Not quite the 15.2% of today.

Now, do you really want to go back to those rates? Are you aware of the long, long list of deductions in 1963? All interest on everything and the list goes on.

Federal Income Tax Brackets for Tax Year 1962 (Filed April 1963)

FICA & SECA Tax Rates

The Inflation Calculator

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

Conservatives fought tooth and nail against all of them but they have proven to be such successes that even Repuplicans support them today
Affirmative action has been a disaster. Gay rights is an opinion issue. Medicare and Social Security are in financial crisis.

Affirmative Action was a major success with women, blacks, minorities gaining access to jobs that were once reserved solely for white males
So it put unqualified people on the government payroll. Real success. :290968001256257790-final:

All were qualified
Really? The fucking dingbats at the Social Security Administration over a phone call (black man on other end ) asked my uncle...whose has a long Polish last name...”How do you spell that?” So my uncle started in with B-E-N- K-.... the government worker stopped him and said “No’s...how use spells George?” True story. Bar story from my now deceased uncle. BTW...he hung the phone up.

Last edited:
Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

So it put unqualified people on the government payroll. Real success. :290968001256257790-final:

All were qualified
Really? The fucking dingbats at the Social Security Administration over a phone call (black man on other end ) asked my uncle...whose has a long Polish last name...”How do you spell that?” So my uncle started in with B-E-N- K-.... the government worker stopped him and said “No’s...how use spells George?” True story. Bar story from my now deceased uncle. BTW...he hung the phone up.
Nice Amos n' Andy story

Now explain Affirmative Action Astronauts

Medicare provided a safety net

It most certianly has, and continues to do so.

We can add in VA along w/it as well

Social Security allowed people to actually retire

And continues to do so.

Environmental Protection was passed nearly unanimously and signed by Nixon. Since that time, Conservatives have turned against it to the point Trump refuses to enforce it

EPA has ensured we have clean air, rivers, uncontaminated land

Iirc, Nixon created the EPA, OSHA, and NOLA

By today's standards Nixon was a flaming liberal

THAT is how far to the right the political pendeulum has swung

~S~
If that be the case JFK is a conservative by today’s standards because that’s how far to the left your pendulum has swung. Having common sense does not make you a right wing extremists...it only makes you a realist. Social Security was created by FDR who also be a Republican today because I doubt he would support abortion or gay pride parades in the streets. Medicare and Social Security are going “el busto” and Nixon would be be a Trump Republican today. Who do you think Trump supported in 1968 and 1972?
JFK supported universal healthcare, welfare, civil rights

Hardly conservative
he also opposed the 90% tax bracket

Hardly liberal

Only if Europe and Asia was destroyed again and we go back to the (lack of) laws and regulations of the 1950's

You have a bit of a foggy memory about the Eisenhower Days. Either that or you have gotten your talking points from the DailyKOS who left out a few..."minor" details.

I have done this before but I’ll do it again for your edification, from (1963). It will do for our purposes. Anyone (a single person) earning $4,000 per year or less paid income tax at the rate of 20%. Adjusted for inflation, that would be $31,800.00 per year. That translates to everyone earning LESS THAN $31,800 PER YEAR TODAY WOULD PAY 20% INCOME TAX. Gosh, that sure would eliminate that 48% that pay no income tax today! Way to go!

As for the top rate of your beloved 91% in 1963, that was paid by those earning over $400,000.00 Adjusted for inflation, that would be $3,186,770.00 today. Do you want to tell us that 1% of the nation earns of 3.2 MILLION PER YEAR? Really?

In the same year, employees paid 3.625% for Social Security and the employer paid nothing. Not quite the 15.2% of today.

Now, do you really want to go back to those rates? Are you aware of the long, long list of deductions in 1963? All interest on everything and the list goes on.

FICA & SECA Tax Rates

The Inflation Calculator

I'm cool with that

Lets go with 50% on any earning over $1 million

Your numbers are for people earning over $32 k per year paying 20 percent ......I'm OK with that too

Shovel ready was a requirement to receive stimulus funds not a promise of jobs

Yeah, we (our city and I'm not making this up) got a $ 3.2 MILLION TURTLE TUNNEL!

More Fake News

Obama promised money for Shovel Ready projects
He never offered to provide the projects. That was up to the states

It most certianly has, and continues to do so.

We can add in VA along w/it as well

And continues to do so.

Iirc, Nixon created the EPA, OSHA, and NOLA

By today's standards Nixon was a flaming liberal

THAT is how far to the right the political pendeulum has swung

~S~
If that be the case JFK is a conservative by today’s standards because that’s how far to the left your pendulum has swung. Having common sense does not make you a right wing extremists...it only makes you a realist. Social Security was created by FDR who also be a Republican today because I doubt he would support abortion or gay pride parades in the streets. Medicare and Social Security are going “el busto” and Nixon would be be a Trump Republican today. Who do you think Trump supported in 1968 and 1972?
JFK supported universal healthcare, welfare, civil rights

Hardly conservative
he also opposed the 90% tax bracket

Hardly liberal

Only if Europe and Asia was destroyed again and we go back to the (lack of) laws and regulations of the 1950's
Because the Orwellian laws that we have now in order to makes us into a one world communistic tribe seem OK to him. Otherwise extreme taxation only hinders growth.

FICA & SECA Tax Rates

The Inflation Calculator

I'm cool with that

Lets go with 50% on any earning over $1 million

Your numbers are for people earning over $32 k per year paying 20 percent ......I'm OK with that too

Try reading it again, son.

Those earning LESS THAN $32,000 per year would pay 20 percent income tax, above $32,000 would be paying MORE than 20 percent.

FICA & SECA Tax Rates

The Inflation Calculator
They get their taliking points from Mother Jones, New Republic, New York Times, Washington Post, Huffington Report and other questionable news sources.

All were qualified
Nice Amos n' Andy story

People worked hard and earned their right through the Air Force Academy and the Naval Academy on their own merit without any crybaby bullshit. What’s your point “weakness?”

All were qualified
Nice Amos n' Andy story

People worked hard and earned their right through the Air Force Academy and the Naval Academy on their own merit without any crybaby bullshit. What’s your point “weakness?”
Wrong again Skippy.....we are no longer in the 1960s
Many astronauts come from universities and have Doctorate degrees

Now......tell us another of your Amos n’ Andy stories

equal protection of the is a requirement.

policies are optional.

some might get more use out of a guaranteed income rather than more participation in our Labor markets and a potential bonus.

someone else may get more use out of unemployment compensation to learn new skills or acquire new tools or both to increase their market worth.

Medicare
Sccial Security
Environmental Protection
OSHA
Affirmative Action
Gay Rights

That's funny.

Social Security is so popular they throw you in jail if you don't participate.

The EPA is responsible for a few good things, and some really stupid things

OSHA isn't bad. It is part of the reason Unions lost power.

The ADA was Bob Dole. A Republican.

Affirmative Action is KKK propaganda that says minorities are inferior.

Gay Rights isn't a program. It's virtue signaling. Human Rights would be great, but Democrats oppose them.

All were qualified
Nice Amos n' Andy story

When did I equate our astronauts to “Amos-n-Andy” you overboard racist pr@&! Your as dumb ignorant and racist as they come. Go to North Korea you piece of sh&#.

All were qualified
Nice Amos n' Andy story

University of Illinois Chicago...the center of anti Americanism and HQ of Saul Alinsky and his communist diatribe. Wish I could have shot that fuckhead in the face. Most worthless human being in history.

Forum List

Back