Proggressives next Step.

Dan Stubbs

FORGET ---- HELL
May 4, 2017
Some where in the Deep South.
It seems that the next step for the Democrats will be to try to stop the appointment to the Appeals Court that number in the hundreds. If the President can fill many of them during his term it will change further the America that we want to save. The Proggressives will try to stop them tho.

It seems that the next step for the Democrats will be to try to stop the appointment to the Appeals Court that number in the hundreds. If the President can fill many of them during his term it will change further the America that we want to save. The Proggressives will try to stop them tho.

Should they not try and stop this?

An election they lost because the system is against them, even though they got the majority of the votes, leads to the appointment of a judge they don't want and who could be there for the next 30 odd years.

I mean, it makes no sense any more to have such a system.

43277910_2003842116372669_2646320554419683328_n.jpg

An election they lost because the system is against them, even though they got the majority of the votes, leads to the appointment of a judge they don't want and who could be there for the next 30 odd years.

Popular%20County%20Votes-XL.jpg

Maybe the left should try to participate in the arena of ideas instead of the arena of smears and slander.

Y'all lost because you nominated a lying, cheating, harpy, with the personality of a cactus, who got outworked because she believed she was entitled to the position...That ain't "the system", Chumlee.

"The fault lies not with the stars, but with ourselves."

Y'all lost because you nominated a lying, cheating, harpy, with the personality of a cactus, who got outworked because she believed she was entitled to the position...That ain't "the system", Chumlee.

Did you not get what I said?

I don't have a side? If the Democrats win, I get fucked, if the Republican win, I get fucked.

I prefer a system where I have a choice between candidates I might actually like.

Republicans had a bullshit candidate, Democrats had a bullshit candidate and people don't feel they can vote for anyone else. Is that a choice? It's worse than Hong Kong voters getting to choose between three Beijing picked candidates.

Democrats need something like 3 million more votes than the Republicans in order to win.

Are you telling me this isn't so?

Two Democratic candidates have lost elections with MORE VOTES than Republican candidates in the last 18 years. No Republicans have lost with more votes in modern history.

But keep coming up with excuses for why a biased system isn't biased.

I don't have a side? If the Democrats win, I get fucked, if the Republican win, I get fucked.

I prefer a system where I have a choice between candidates I might actually like.

Republicans had a bullshit candidate, Democrats had a bullshit candidate and people don't feel they can vote for anyone else. Is that a choice? It's worse than Hong Kong voters getting to choose between three Beijing picked candidates.

Democrats need something like 3 million more votes than the Republicans in order to win.

Two Democratic candidates have lost elections with MORE VOTES than Republican candidates in the last 18 years. No Republicans have lost with more votes in modern history.

Too damn bad....The system is the same for everyone....You don't lose the World Series 4-3 and complain that you should have won, because you scored more runs in your three wins than the other them did in their four wins.

That people buy into the bullshit arguments put forth by the duopoly, that a vote for anyone outside their fake "choice" is wasted, is the fault of the foolish sheep who fall for it.

The only system worth having, if there is to be one at all, is one that is in charge of so little that it makes no difference who wins any silly election.

Last edited:

Too damn bad....The system is the same for everyone....You don't lose the World Series 4-3 and complain that you should have won, because you scored more runs in your three wins than the other them did in their four wins.

1960 Pittsburgh Pirates

MazFF406.jpg

That people buy into the bullshit arguments put forth by the duopoly, that a vote for anyone outside their fake "choice" is wasted, is the fault of the foolish sheep who fall for it.

The only system worth having, if there is to be one at all, is one that is in charge of so little that it makes no difference who wins any silly election.

"The system is the same for everyone"???

No, it clearly is not.

If you're in Wyoming or California or one of the 38 states in the US that doesn't get a say in who the president it is, it's not the same as those in the 12 states who do get a say. Also, if you're in Puerto Rico, DC or some other place like this they don't even get a vote. Clearly not the same for everyone.

Also, if you're a Republican or Democrat, you get to vote for the Republicans or Democrats. If you're not, you get to vote for.... the Republicans or Democrats.

Oh, that's fair, isn't it? Not.

In Germany you can go vote for your preferred choice of party and know if they make the 5% threshold, then you'll be represented in the Bundestag.

In the US, you could have 30% vote for one party and still get no seats.

In the German elections they have both the US FPTP system and PR. The CDU/CSU (main conservative party) got 77% of the seats with 37.2% of the vote. Are you telling me it's the same for everyone?

The FDP got 7% of the votes and no seats.

But because they have PR also, the CDU went from 77% of the seats to 246 seats out of 709, a FAIR result.

The World Series is a sport. Politics isn't a sport. Why should I be disenfranchised by the system? Why should there be only TWO POLITICAL PARTIES to represent 300 million people?

No, your analogy is wrong. It's like entering the world series and then being told that you can't play because the system says only one of two teams can win, and it isn't your team.

It's not that people buy into the whole "a vote for a third party is a wasted vote", it's that the system encourages this. Because the smaller parties have to get more votes than the larger party EVERY SINGLE TIME.

In Germany they don't. If you get 5% of the vote, you get represented. It's not a fucking game, a tournament. It's about BEING REPRESENTED IN PARLIAMENT.

DEMOCRACY, that's what we're talking. You seem to be talking about a game.

I like your analogy, I may have to steal it in the future! Thanks!

In Germany they don't. If you get 5% of the vote, you get represented. It's not a fucking game, a tournament. It's about BEING REPRESENTED IN PARLIAMENT.

Yeah, we know how the German system worked out.

As you know, we do not have a democracy, never did, never will. We have a Representative Republic.

Elections have consequences. I heard that somewhere, where was it?

the worst part of all this is now that the SCOTUS seat has been filled we have to go back to the boring make believe world of mueller and his publicity stunt of an investigation. If weren't for lakhota and his articles mocking the investigation this would be unbearable.

Gimme a break. We've been using the electoral college system since 1804. If Hillary doesn't understand how it works she sure as shit has no business running for President. How does that translate into the system being against her? She LOST. Can't you accept that?

All of the votes are in California, moron.

That only insures one party rule in California.

"The system is the same for everyone"???

No, it clearly is not.

If you're in Wyoming or California or one of the 38 states in the US that doesn't get a say in who the president it is, it's not the same as those in the 12 states who do get a say. Also, if you're in Puerto Rico, DC or some other place like this they don't even get a vote. Clearly not the same for everyone.

Also, if you're a Republican or Democrat, you get to vote for the Republicans or Democrats. If you're not, you get to vote for.... the Republicans or Democrats.

Oh, that's fair, isn't it? Not.

In Germany you can go vote for your preferred choice of party and know if they make the 5% threshold, then you'll be represented in the Bundestag.

In the US, you could have 30% vote for one party and still get no seats.

In the German elections they have both the US FPTP system and PR. The CDU/CSU (main conservative party) got 77% of the seats with 37.2% of the vote. Are you telling me it's the same for everyone?

The FDP got 7% of the votes and no seats.

But because they have PR also, the CDU went from 77% of the seats to 246 seats out of 709, a FAIR result.

The World Series is a sport. Politics isn't a sport. Why should I be disenfranchised by the system? Why should there be only TWO POLITICAL PARTIES to represent 300 million people?

No, your analogy is wrong. It's like entering the world series and then being told that you can't play because the system says only one of two teams can win, and it isn't your team.

It's not that people buy into the whole "a vote for a third party is a wasted vote", it's that the system encourages this. Because the smaller parties have to get more votes than the larger party EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Democracy is flawed, moron. In Germany one party rules and one or two parties are deliberately kept out of power forever. That is criminal.

We are a Republic. If Libertarians or Green party people want power they can run as Democrats or Republicans and add their ideas to the mix.

Forum List

Back