Professor to Students: Sign Obama Pledge

It was alleged. By no doubt a "conservative" so who knows if it is true.

I'll wait until the facts come in.

:lol: That's a novel approach for a lefty.

Still, as a born skeptic, I checked out the story to see if I could find anything relevant. A teacher has indeed been suspended from BCC for the alleged action.

The teacher asked for and received, 'unpaid leave.' So...

Source I have said 'suspended'. I doubt it makes much difference either way - one does not ask for 'unpaid leave' unless one is in deep shit, methinks. Concur?

Oh yeah, she's suspended, but why is this Obama group soliciting this?:

College suspends professor for allegedly attempting to force students to vote for Obama

College suspends professor for allegedly attempting to force students to vote for Obama

By Oliver Darcy, on Sep 17, 2012

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the 2012 elections.

The pledge was printed off of GottaVote.org, a website funded by the Obama campaign.

University administrators said they learned about the incident late Thursday afternoon and launched an investigation, after they received a phone call from a concerned parent...

Sweet’s actions may have also violated Florida’s election laws.

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”

calm down and wait for the facts to come in or will will have to start calling you Mitty instead of annie

No matter what obama does, no how many lies he tells your still in the tank for him. So therefore your opinion means nothing to me. Oh, and before you say i'm in the tank for romney, i'm not, charlie brown would be a better choice than obama. Anyway I wanted herman cain to win, a truly respectable and hard working man.

Still, as a born skeptic, I checked out the story to see if I could find anything relevant. A teacher has indeed been suspended from BCC for the alleged action.
No, actually she asked to be put on leave and her request was granted.

Facts are troubling things. :lol:

No matter what obama does, no how many lies he tells your still in the tank for him. So therefore your opinion means nothing to me. Oh, and before you say i'm in the tank for romney, i'm not, charlie brown would be a better choice than obama. Anyway I wanted herman cain to win, a truly respectable and hard working man.
bwahahahahahaha!

Source I have said 'suspended'. I doubt it makes much difference either way - one does not ask for 'unpaid leave' unless one is in deep shit, methinks. Concur?

Indeed, was my point in bolding and underlining.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20120918/NEWS01/309180013/Pro-Obama-professor-leave-from-BCC

...A Brevard Community College math instructor is being investigated by the college for allegedly using class time to urge students to vote for President Barack Obama and for distributing campaign material that says “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket."

Associate Professor Sharon Sweet, 58, requested and was granted an unpaid leave of absence Monday morning as senior college officials look into the matter. Sweet did not return phone messages or an email seeking comment Monday...

No, actually she asked to be put on leave and her request was granted.

Facts are troubling things. :lol:

Your 'facts' are very often just opinions.... You wanna go ahead and explain why a teacher would ask for unpaid leave?

However, I am still laughing at your 'I'll wait until the facts come in' thing... I congratulate you on taking that stance - I hope you continue it... regardless of the topic.

bwahahahahahaha!

Praticing for election day? Lol

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the upcoming elections.

Early last week Professor Sharon Sweet at Brevard Community College (BCC) allegedly told students to sign a pledge that reads: “I pledge to vote for President Obama and Democrats up and down the ticket.”

A college professor has been placed on leave after she allegedly forced her class to sign a pledge to vote for President Obama in the 2012 elections.

The pledge was printed off of GottaVote.org, a website funded by the Obama campaign.

University administrators said they learned about the incident late Thursday afternoon and launched an investigation, after they received a phone call from a concerned parent...

Section 104.31, of Title IX in chapter 104, states that “no officer or employee of the state... shall... use his or her official authority or influence for the purpose of interfering with an election or nomination of officer or influencing another person’s vote or affecting the result thereof.”

calm down and wait for the facts to come in or will will have to start calling you Mitty instead of annie

facts are facts and shes not in teh classroom, even SHE KNOWS she did wrong. get a spine demmie.

Good for the college. They did the right thing.

I'm curious as to how she 'forced' them. A gun? A failing grade?

In the case of either, I would have told her to get bent.

I don't think forced, is the right word here, but I can understand why it is being used if the teacher made it part of the general class assignment. Apparently a few students did tell her to get bent.

As an alternative to what? Tendering her resignation?
She broke the law by using her status to influence voters; a clear violation of Florida statute. The statute is quoted in the article I linked in my thread on this subject.

The fact is that even after the facts come in you won't say anything bad about the person that did it.

Sure, if she broke the law she's a dope and deserves her punishment.

Now, why did you run away from the thread about the ambassador yesterday?

The fact is that even after the facts come in you won't say anything bad about the person that did it.

Ernie, I've always enjoyed your posts, whether I agreed or not on the position. However, getting condescending on what 'you' posted previously? Really? Read the OP, which was mine.

Ernie, I've always enjoyed your posts, whether I agreed or not on the position. However, getting condescending on what 'you' posted previously? Really? Read the OP, which was mine.
Ernie? What are you talking about....I asked QW a question.

Yup, she's suspended. Bad by her. Let's see what further objective research finds.

Ernie? What are you talking about....I asked QW a question.

I was attempting to respond to this post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...students-sign-obama-pledge-3.html#post6011959

My laptop is glitchey, cursor jumps when clicking and must have done so onto your response.

Forum List

Back