Pro-Trump conspiracy theorist Lin Wood slapped with criminal contempt fines for ‘flagrant’ violation of ‘gag order’

This guy...just won't get it until he's broke and in jail:

Attorney Lin Wood, one of the most visible conspiracy theorists behind efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, has been found in contempt for violating an order keeping him from disparaging his former law partners.
“I can’t overlook the protracted and flagrant nature of the violation,” Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee said.

The judge imposed $5,000 in criminal contempt fines and hanged the prospect of $15,000 in civil contempt charges for future disparagement.
At Thursday’s hearing, Wade’s attorney Milinda Brown denounced Wood’s “antisemitic” comments, and the lawsuit quotes Wood calling Grunberg a “Chilean Jewish f—ing crook.”
Other recordings quoted in the lawsuit show Wood comparing himself to Biblical figures and claiming: “I might actually be Christ coming back for a second time in the form of an imperfect man, elevating Christ’s consciousness.”
Calling the quotes “cherry picking,” Wood waxed indignant in court: “They accused me of blasphemy.” He spent a significant portion of his oral arguments defending his Christian piety and denouncing what he described as “heinous,” “salacious,” “redundant,” and “impertinent” allegations against him.
“I try to live a Christ-like life,” said Wood, arguing that he’s being persecuted like Christ in return.

“My reward will be in Heaven,” Wood declared. “Heaven will be eternal.”
Since late 2020, Wood has become primarily known as a pro-Donald Trump operative who was part of the effort to overturn the presidential election. After one of those lawsuits failed, a federal judge issued a sanctions order against Wood and his co-counsel, referring them all for possible disbarment.

Lying Lin Wood Gives Up Law License Ahead of Disbarment.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Attorney Lin Wood, who filed legal challenges seeking to overturn Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss, is relinquishing his law license, electing to retire from practicing rather than face possible disbarment. Multiple states have weighed disciplining him for pushing Trump’s false claims that he defeated Joe Biden.

On Tuesday, Wood asked officials in his home state of Georgia to “retire” his law license in light of “disciplinary proceedings pending against me.” In the request, made in a letter and posted on his Telegram account, Wood acknowledges that he is “prohibited from practicing law in this State and in any other state or jurisdiction and that I may not reapply for admission.”

Lying Lin was already facing disbarment in the State of California. He knows he would forced to give up his law license. Good Riddance to that lying piece of shit.

Wood, a licensed attorney in Georgia since 1977, did not immediately respond to an email Wednesday seeking comment on the letter. A listing on the website for the State Bar of Georgia accessed on Wednesday showed him as retired and with no disciplinary infractions on his record.

The Rapist and Traitor's lawyers defended that piece of shit and they pay the price for their stupidity.

Last edited:
Lying Lin Wood Gives Up Law License Ahead of Disbarment.

COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Attorney Lin Wood, who filed legal challenges seeking to overturn Donald Trump’s 2020 election loss, is relinquishing his law license, electing to retire from practicing rather than face possible disbarment. Multiple states have weighed disciplining him for pushing Trump’s false claims that he defeated Joe Biden.

On Tuesday, Wood asked officials in his home state of Georgia to “retire” his law license in light of “disciplinary proceedings pending against me.” In the request, made in a letter and posted on his Telegram account, Wood acknowledges that he is “prohibited from practicing law in this State and in any other state or jurisdiction and that I may not reapply for admission.”

Lying Lin was already facing disbarment in the State of California. He knows he would forced to give up his law license. Good Riddance to that lying piece of shit.

Wood, a licensed attorney in Georgia since 1977, did not immediately respond to an email Wednesday seeking comment on the letter. A listing on the website for the State Bar of Georgia accessed on Wednesday showed him as retired and with no disciplinary infractions on his record.
POLITICO BREAKING NEWS:

Disciplinary Panel Calls For Rudy Giuliani's Disbarment.

A Washington, D.C.-based bar discipline committee concluded Friday that Rudy Giuliani should be disbarred for “frivolous” and “destructive” efforts to derail the 2020 presidential election in support of former President Donald Trump.

He claimed massive election fraud but had no evidence of it,” the three-member panel declared in a 38-page decision. “By prosecuting that destructive case Mr. Giuliani, a sworn officer of the Court, forfeited his right to practice law.”

The committee tasked with reviewing Giuliani’s conduct consisted of two D.C. attorneys and one D.C. resident who is not a lawyer. The members deliberated for months after a weekslong series of hearings that featured testimony from Giuliani and several of his close associates. Trump waived attorney-client privilege to permit Giuliani to discuss the matters as well.

Ghouli has accepted a proffer from the Special Prosecutor Jack Smith.

A proffer is a mechanism to offer or present evidence at trial for immediate acceptance or rejection. In State v. Boyd, 25 P.3d 985, the court held that “proffer is a mechanism by which a party may create an appellate record of what the evidence would have shown.” Similarly, in People v. Weinke, 50 N.E.3d 688, it was held that “a proffer is used to convince a trial court to admit evidence, and must apprise the trial court what the offered evidence is or what the expected testimony will be, by whom it will be presented and its purpose.”

Ghouli later admitted, "We Just Don't Have The Evidence of Voter Fraud."

Lying Lin Wood retired rather than face debarment on July 5 just two days ago. Now, good old Ghouli is facing disbarment. Not to mention old Ghouli just accepted profe

Last edited:

Forum List

Back