What are you?

• I am Pro-Life

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • I am Anti-Abortion

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I am Pro-choice

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
Family Research Council put out a biased anti-abortion message on Superbowl Sunday. Some complained about it. They were blamed for ruining the 'holy day' of Superbowl Sunday. I'm pointing out who started the fight. FRC is a hate group. Are we really surprised people are upset?

SkyDancer, did you see the ad? Your description of "biased anti-abortion" is very different from the one I saw of a young woman that made a difficult, risky decision to give birth when doctors warned her that it could kill her. She chose to give life. How is that "biased anti-abortion"? And if you think that is anti-abortion, do you object to all live-births since they could all be considered "biased anti-abortion" births?

Family Research Council is listed as a hate group by SPLC. I did not see the ad, I heard about the protest and the controversy. The implication of the ad is that anyone woman who chooses an abortion to save her own life is selfish.

I'm not surprised since my experience of FRC is they like to stir up trouble.

That they have enough money to pay for a Superbowl ad is stunning.

That is actually what the pro abortion side wants you to believe, not what the ad says. Watch it and judge for yourself, I posted it for you.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/relig...-pro-life-or-anti-abortion-6.html#post3428487

Last edited:
I didn't see any "hate" on their site. Ignorance - maybe. Pity - perhaps. Hate? Nah.

They lie about gays and say that we are more likely to be pedophiles. They use junk science and they distort real science to prove their point. They have earned the title 'hate group' for those reasons.

They excel in anti-gay propaganda. Some of their stuff sounds straight of the Nazi xenophobia about Jews. They are of the opinion that gays have a world campaign to recruit and molest children.

Link please!

By the way, it seems like the major requirement for being a "hate group" is to be labeled "Radical Right". Get that label and you qualify. Then they throw you in with a bunch of KKK, White/Black Separatists organizations and declare you to be a hate group. Funny thing is that I have reviewed several states and there does not seem to be one organization that would be identified as left wing in any manner. I guess according to the SPLC the left doesn't hate. Most of us realize, that is simply not true.

For the second year in a row, the radical right in America expanded explosively in 2010, driven by resentment over the changing racial demographics of the country, frustration over the government’s handling of the economy, and the mainstreaming of conspiracy theories and other demonizing propaganda aimed at various minorities. For many on the radical right, anger is focusing on President Obama, who is seen as embodying everything that’s wrong with the country.

Hate groups topped 1,000 for the first time since the Southern Poverty Law Center began counting such groups in the 1980s. Anti-immigrant vigilante groups, despite having some of the political wind taken out of their sails by the adoption of hard-line anti-immigration laws around the country, continued to rise slowly. But by far the most dramatic growth came in the antigovernment “Patriot” movement — conspiracy-minded organizations that see the federal government as their primary enemy — which gained more than 300 new groups, a jump of over 60%.
Sorry, Sky, I'm not taking the word of the SPLC on this at all.

Immie

I love how they reached the conclusion that they "expanded explosively." First, they count all the splinter groups, and make it sound like the fact that a group splinters proves that the radical right has expanded. My experience is that groups usually splinter after a long fight over policy and direction, and all the members that do not come down on one side or the other of the debate have long since left because they do not care about the issue. Splintering almost always means that groups get weaker.

Next, they count all the various local chapters of a group as separate groups. That means that every state committee is a separate group, and if a state has more than one group, they each get counted separately. Since they conveniently list Tea Party groups as hate groups, that means there was a massive explosion of right wing hate the last couple of years as the Tea Party got up and running across the country.

Forum List

Back