Pro-Life GOP Congressman And Doctor, Pressured Mistress Patient To Get Abortion

"Pressured"? where does the far left find this stuff? Does Media Matters interview every woman who was ever associated with any republican politician? I thought Bill Clinton set the standard for political behavior. The statute of limitations means never having to say you are sorry.

Scott DesJarlais, Pro-Life Republican Congressman And Doctor, Pressured Mistress Patient To Get Abortion (UPDATE) [video]

WASHINGTON -- A pro-life, family-values congressman who worked as a doctor before winning election as a Tea Party-backed Republican had an affair with a patient and later pressured her to get an abortion, according to a phone call transcript obtained by The Huffington Post.

The congressman, Rep. Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee, was trying to save his marriage at the time, according to his remarks on the call, made in September of 2000. And, according to three independent sources familiar with the call and the recording, he made the tape himself.

DesJarlais, who was provided a copy of the transcript by HuffPost, did not deny its contents, but in a statement released through his campaign characterized it as just another sordid detail dredged up by the opposition. "Desperate personal attacks do not solve our nation's problems, yet it appears my opponents are choosing to once again engage in the same gutter politics that CBS news called the dirtiest in the nation just 2 years ago."

That race featured charges culled from DesJarlais' divorce from Susan DesJarlais, which was finalized in 2001. The filing included allegations that he held a gun in his own mouth for hours in one instance and that he "dry fired" a gun outside his wife's bedroom in another.

DesJarlais' campaign vigorously denied those charges in his 2010 race against Democratic Rep. Lincoln Davis, saying they were hauled out of history for political purposes and had not been deemed credible at the time.

But the new transcript and other revelations from court documents paint a more damning picture of a man who was a serial philanderer willing to push one of his lovers -- whom he met as a patient with a foot problem -- to terminate a pregnancy, even when he suspected he was the father.

"You told me you'd have an abortion, and now we're getting too far along without one," DesJarlais tells the woman at one point in the call while negotiating with her over whether he'll reveal her identity to his wife. They then discuss whether he will accompany her to a procedure to end the sort of life the congressman now describes as "sacred."

"You told me you would have time to go with me and everything," the woman complains.

"I said, if I could, I would, didn't I? And I will try," DesJarlais says. "If I can [find] time, you're saying you still will?"

"Yeah," the woman answers.
<more>

Awww .. Harry suddenly has to be someplace else.

Anyone wanna bet he'll be back in some OTHER thread ... ?

Same lame whine but (conveniently) a different thread.

i havent gone anywhere......i was in your other 5 threads answering your stupid shit you posted there......your as bad as Dean Dudly.....start a bunch of threads and desert them......by the way i thought you said i was BACK on ignore?.....lying dishonest fuck.....do you Lie to your care givers at the Home like you do here?....you should be ashamed of yourself....:eusa_naughty:

Look I don't know what your problem is and I don't much care. As far as I know, there is no reason why I should have to babysit a thread that I start and I sure as hell don't know why you believe I should baby sit you.

Your messages to me don't make any sense. You whine about Dems, Rs, Indies and you seem to believe you have some right to personal information about me. You're not going to get it. Go find someone else to obsess about.

He sounds like a typical Republican politician.
found this in a Chicago paper......the free press

I don't want to accept that I love to act as a toddler.

I have read some of the similar threads to this matter and I'm just not finding or seeing any possible happiness in this.

I'm afraid to face this. I already spent 20 years of my life coming to terms with myself with being Transgender and bi, and its taken a lot of courage for me to live the life I live. Being bisexual alone is a hard enough characteristic to live with. Then to be Transgender on top of it.

I finally learned to love myself a few months ago, when I had my diaper attraction deeply repressed. I don't care that people know I'm transgender, because what they think of it is their business not mine. But as hard as I try I cannot bring myself to accept myself as a diaper lover. and I think it is because it is not as accepted as being transgender is. I was able to accept myself as trans and bi so easily because I live in the LGBT center of the town I live in. I live in a very democratic liberal town, so things of that nature are common and widely accepted. But even in this community of "Circus lifestyles" I find myself apprehensive and shameful about my attraction towards diapers, and role-playing as a four year old daughter.

I try to convince myself everyday, that I don't have to embrace this part of me. I could live perfectly happy without ever wearing a diaper. I'm handsome, I'm intelligent, (a bit full of myself sometimes), and people around me accept me as the man I've always been inside. And yet, it is an eery conversation I have with myself, because I once had the same debates with myself about being transgender.

Deep down I know I will have to accept it one day but, I'm just not sure where I could find the confidence to walk down the street with a pull-up on. The most I do is I now sleep with yoga pants and the generic Depends that my local retailer has. That makes me so happy. And all I can fantasize about is finding a man or woman to love me like that. Someone who wouldn't mind role-playing with me.

There is one more added factor to it all, I suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder. So how do I know this isn't just one of my personalities? Even if it is though, the key to my disorder is to merge all personalities into one. THe way my brain is set up, I can never get rid of personalities, I can only merge them. And even when they are all merged, my brain is designed to create new personalities, something I will deal with for the rest of my life. SO in essence, I cannot get rid of this diaper loving part of me, this part of me that wants to role-play. It will always be a part of me. I just don't know how to accept it and merge it into myself.

Dean....confused in Chicago....

I find that hard to believe. You don't even have one good personality, much less "multiple".

Scott DesJarlais, Pro-Life Republican Congressman And Doctor, Pressured Mistress Patient To Get Abortion

WASHINGTON -- A pro-life, family-values congressman who worked as a doctor before winning election as a Tea Party-backed Republican had an affair with a patient and later pressured her to get an abortion, according to a phone call transcript obtained by The Huffington Post.

The congressman, Rep. Scott DesJarlais of Tennessee, was trying to save his marriage at the time, according to his remarks on the call, made in September of 2000. And, according to three independent sources familiar with the call and the recording, he made the tape himself.

DesJarlais, who was provided a copy of the transcript by HuffPost, did not deny its contents, but in a statement released through his campaign characterized it as just another sordid detail dredged up by the opposition. "Desperate personal attacks do not solve our nation's problems, yet it appears my opponents are choosing to once again engage in the same gutter politics that CBS news called the dirtiest in the nation just 2 years ago."

That race featured charges culled from DesJarlais' divorce from Susan DesJarlais, which was finalized in 2001. The filing included allegations that he held a gun in his own mouth for hours in one instance and that he "dry fired" a gun outside his wife's bedroom in another.

If he didn't deny it, there must be some truth to it. Scumbag.

Awww .. Harry suddenly has to be someplace else.

Anyone wanna bet he'll be back in some OTHER thread ... ?

Same lame whine but (conveniently) a different thread.

i havent gone anywhere......i was in your other 5 threads answering your stupid shit you posted there......your as bad as Dean Dudly.....start a bunch of threads and desert them......by the way i thought you said i was BACK on ignore?.....lying dishonest fuck.....do you Lie to your care givers at the Home like you do here?....you should be ashamed of yourself....:eusa_naughty:

Look I don't know what your problem is and I don't much care. As far as I know, there is no reason why I should have to babysit a thread that I start and I sure as hell don't know why you believe I should baby sit you.

Your messages to me don't make any sense. You whine about Dems, Rs, Indies and you seem to believe you have some right to personal information about me. You're not going to get it. Go find someone else to obsess about.
all im doing Dud is doing the same thing to you,as your doing to Romney.....your calling Romney out for his lies and bullshit.....right?....thats what im doing to you....calling you out for your lies...saying your an Independent,when you are so far Left it hurts.....and your Bullshit......as a good "Independent" you should have something to bitch about the Democrats about.....you dont,never have and i dont think you ever will....so your full of Bull Shit too.....how does it feel Dudley?.....

He sounds like a typical Republican politician.

I have read some of the similar threads to this matter and I'm just not finding or seeing any possible happiness in this.

I'm afraid to face this. I already spent 20 years of my life coming to terms with myself with being Transgender and bi, and its taken a lot of courage for me to live the life I live. Being bisexual alone is a hard enough characteristic to live with. Then to be Transgender on top of it.

I finally learned to love myself a few months ago, when I had my diaper attraction deeply repressed. I don't care that people know I'm transgender, because what they think of it is their business not mine. But as hard as I try I cannot bring myself to accept myself as a diaper lover. and I think it is because it is not as accepted as being transgender is. I was able to accept myself as trans and bi so easily because I live in the LGBT center of the town I live in. I live in a very democratic liberal town, so things of that nature are common and widely accepted. But even in this community of "Circus lifestyles" I find myself apprehensive and shameful about my attraction towards diapers, and role-playing as a four year old daughter.

I try to convince myself everyday, that I don't have to embrace this part of me. I could live perfectly happy without ever wearing a diaper. I'm handsome, I'm intelligent, (a bit full of myself sometimes), and people around me accept me as the man I've always been inside. And yet, it is an eery conversation I have with myself, because I once had the same debates with myself about being transgender.

Deep down I know I will have to accept it one day but, I'm just not sure where I could find the confidence to walk down the street with a pull-up on. The most I do is I now sleep with yoga pants and the generic Depends that my local retailer has. That makes me so happy. And all I can fantasize about is finding a man or woman to love me like that. Someone who wouldn't mind role-playing with me.

There is one more added factor to it all, I suffer from Multiple Personality Disorder. So how do I know this isn't just one of my personalities? Even if it is though, the key to my disorder is to merge all personalities into one. THe way my brain is set up, I can never get rid of personalities, I can only merge them. And even when they are all merged, my brain is designed to create new personalities, something I will deal with for the rest of my life. SO in essence, I cannot get rid of this diaper loving part of me, this part of me that wants to role-play. It will always be a part of me. I just don't know how to accept it and merge it into myself.

I find that hard to believe. You don't even have one good personality, much less "multiple".

aww Dean its ok.....you want to wear diapers and dress up like a little girl.....hey thats ok.....:rolleyes:....but you should not put your name on your letter to the editor......next thing i know your going to be on HBO's Real Sex in a diaper....come on Dean....you should know better.....

what a dumb thread,

Why is that? Because the hypocrisy of yet another "family values" conservative has been exposed? Maybe that's why these kinds of issues should be left out of the government and people left free to make their own choices, good or bad.

what a dumb thread,

Why is that? Because the hypocrisy of yet another "family values" conservative has been exposed? Maybe that's why these kinds of issues should be left out of the government and people left free to make their own choices, good or bad.

lol, it CAME from hufferpost for starters, believe it if you want...watching you people get your panties in a bunch of this petty NON story was quite amusing though...
Now you all can go get a laugh over Glen Beck wreaking his car next

Last edited:

aww Dean its ok.....you want to wear diapers and dress up like a little girl.....hey thats ok.....:rolleyes:....but you should not put your name on your letter to the editor......next thing i know your going to be on HBO's Real Sex in a diaper....come on Dean....you should know better.....

You dress up like a little girl? OK, if you want. I'm sure that's one of your more "inventive" personalities.

I nominate Stephanie for Poster Child for Dumb rw's everywhere.

Can someone pull her head out of her ass long enough for her to accept her award?

Thanks.

what a dumb thread,

lol, it CAME from hufferpost for starters, believe it if you want...watching you people get your panties in a bunch of this petty NON story was quite amusing though...

It is a "NON story" to you because you are a hyperpartisan Republican and that is the only reason. I happen to think a politician who tells his constituents one thing and does the complete opposite behind their backs is quite newsworthy. You're kind of partisanship is the reason why we keep electing the lowest common denominator to our "representative" government.

It is a "NON story" to you because you are a hyperpartisan Republican and that is the only reason. I happen to think a politician who tells his constituents one thing and does the complete opposite behind their backs is quite newsworthy. You're kind of partisanship is the reason why we keep electing the lowest common denominator to our "representative" government.

really, you do vote right? As far as I'm concerned we can throw the whole lot of their asses out of congress, we have too many asses up ther as it is...
but this story was STUPID...He supposedly pressured a mistress to have a abortion, what man hasn't done that at one time or another...lets get back to THE REAL ISSUES...as for the rest of your spill, you should preach to your brothers and sister in the Democrat party about the scum they elect

Forum List

Back