Pro abortion protests at SC Justices homes are a violation of Federal Law.

Show me the part of the Constitution that says PROTEST is a protected right.

I'll wait.

Protest is NOT free speech, any more than yelling fire in a crowded theater is free speech.

The way the libtards do it, protest is harassment and incitement, and both of those things are illegal.

There is NO right to protest. Protests require a permit, which may or may not be issued depending on how the Chief of Police feels that day.

You are allowed to SPEAK your mind. You're not allowed to get in anyone's face
The First Amendment protects our right to protest.

Right to express our views.

Right to free association and assembly.

Right to petition gov't to seek redress of grievances.

Yes you do have a right to get up in peoples faces to express your views right up to the point at which you threaten, intimidate, or use the threat of force or actual force against them.

When it is done with force or the threat of force to affect social or political change it's actually "Terrorism" not "Free Speech".

It's also a federal crime to attempt to threaten or intimidate a federal justice or judge or to attempt to influence their opinions and deliberations.
In criminal cases I think you are right. But to lobby by protest is allowed under the law. You always see protestors outside the court rooms. I think political violence is never the answer that's what the ballot box is for.

The First Amendment protects our right to protest.

Right to express our views.

Right to free association and assembly.

Right to petition gov't to seek redress of grievances.

Yes you do have a right to get up in peoples faces to express your views right up to the point at which you threaten, intimidate, or use the threat of force or actual force against them.
Well said. Congrats. You are a smart cookie.

In criminal cases I think you are right. But to lobby by protest is allowed under the law. You always see protestors outside the court rooms. I think political violence is never the answer that's what the ballot box is for.
No, not just criminal cases. It is illegal to do it outside their homes, period. The statute has been posted in this thread.

No, not just criminal cases. It is illegal to do it outside their homes, period. The statute has been posted in this thread.
It isn't generally illegal to protest in front of anyone's home but if you are on their property and asked to leave and refuse it can be a criminal trespass.

The issue with these protests is they are targeting the Justices to intimidate them into not reversing Roe.

That is a crime.

It is a crime to try to influence deliberations on any case civil or criminal by force, the threat of force, or intimidation.

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA
It isn't generally illegal to protest in front of anyone's home but if you are on their property and asked to leave and refuse it can be a criminal trespass.

The issue with these protests is they are targeting the Justices to intimidate them into not reversing Roe.

That is a crime.
No you have the right to protest the supreme court justices. I can see criminal cases being illegal. But when it's politics I see no problem with it. It's actually legal to do so.

If not show me the law that protects supreme court justices from protests.

Go ahead and find it I found none.

It sure is working...in our favor

• Democrats and their affiliated outside groups have raised more than $7 million since a report first unveiled a leaked draft Supreme Court opinion that would overturn the historic Roe v. Wade ruling.
  • The donation website ActBlue processed the gargantuan total since Politico published the original report on Monday.
  • Democrats are highlighting threats to abortion rights to raise money and boost voter enthusiasm ahead of the pivotal 2022 midterm elections.

It's doing nothing for voter enthusiasm. People know it just goes to the states now.

It's doing nothing for voter enthusiasm. People know it just goes to the states now.

We will see. It's early yet. I know a bunch of young girls that are not happy about their rights being infringed.

You will see what happens when you get closer to the election. Besides nobody watches CNN.

No you have the right to protest the supreme court justices. I can see criminal cases being illegal. But when it's politics I see no problem with it. It's actually legal to do so.

You cannot attempt to influence by force, threat of force, or intimidation any supreme court Justice in order to influence their deliberations or decisions.

18 U.S.C. § 1507 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1507. Picketing or parading

It is a Federal Crime under 18 USC 1507. Other statutes may also apply.

We will see. It's early yet. I know a bunch of young girls that are not happy about their rights being infringed.

You will see what happens when you get closer to the election. Besides nobody watches CNN.
Their rights are not being infringed, there is no constitutional right to abortion and never has been.

Reversing Roe will simply mean it goes back to the states to decide.

Why are you all so afraid of Democracy?

Tell them there are bad times along with the good. And to live under that where everything is much more of a struggle will really awaken them for pride over and issue which means it will be more of an inconvenience to get a procedure done if the live in a state that is harsher on it.

You cannot attempt to influence by force, threat of force, or intimidation any supreme court Justice in order to influence their deliberations or decisions.

18 U.S.C. § 1507 - U.S. Code - Unannotated Title 18. Crimes and Criminal Procedure § 1507. Picketing or parading

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.
Their rights are not being infringed, there is no constitutional right to abortion and never has been.

Reversing Roe will simply mean it goes back to the states to decide.

Why are you all so afraid of Democracy?
You have protests at the supreme court all the time. This under this law would be illegal. It's a broad definition of this law.

Here is a good article I just found a read on the subject that you might like to read.

The statute has been posted in this thread.

Whoever, with the intent of interfering with, obstructing, or impeding the administration of justice, or with the intent of influencing any judge, juror, witness, or court officer, in the discharge of his duty, pickets or parades in or near a building housing a court of the United States, or in or near a building or residence occupied or used by such judge, juror, witness, or court officer, or with such intent uses any sound-truck or similar device or resorts to any other demonstration in or near any such building or residence, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

You have protests at the supreme court all the time. This under this law would be illegal. It's a broad definition of this law.

Here is a good article I just found a read on the subject that you might like to read.
The courts have held it up repeatedly, it is not overly broad since it gives specifics.

You can protest but you cannot attempt to influence them through threats, violence or coercion and you sure can't do it at their homes which is an obvious attempt at coercion.

Tell them there are bad times along with the good. And to live under that where everything is much more of a struggle will really awaken them for pride over and issue which means it will be more of an inconvenience to get a procedure done if the live in a state that is harsher on it.
If you want something bad enough you'll find a way and it's never going to be illegal to get an abortion under all circumstances in any state.

Even if such a right to abortion existed that doesn't mean easy access is mandatory.

What are you talking about? The repeal of Roe v Wade does not outlaw abortion. If you live in NY, you will be able to have all sorts of horrid abortions, even late-term ones that very few are in favor of. If you live in Alabama, you may be much more limited.
I guess the women in red states suffer enough already. What's taking one more thing away from them? Nothing to them.

If red states don't turn blue, what is wrong with the young women in red states? I just don't get them. Oh well. If that's the way society wants to go.

But wait! It doesn't want to go this way. 70% say this is bullshit. So the SCOTUS is not representing us properly. Remember Republicans accused liberal judges of legislating from the bench? This is what I call legislating from the bench. Deny that too go ahead.

Which is totally different than roe vs Wade. If you look into it a little bit longer. The supreme court stated that no state or governor should strip the rights of a women to decide her health care or family planning. Moving it to the state strips that right away from those women on the states.

That is not within the purview of the Constitution. I mean we are talking about SC judges who are supposed to uphold the Constitution. If you want the effect of Roe v Wade, go for an Ammendment, because it currently is not Constitutionally valid.

I guess the women in red states suffer enough already. What's taking one more thing away from them? Nothing to them.

If red states don't turn blue, what is wrong with the young women in red states? I just don't get them. Oh well. If that's the way society wants to go.

But wait! It doesn't want to go this way. 70% say this is bullshit. So the SCOTUS is not representing us properly. Remember Republicans accused liberal judges of legislating from the bench? This is what I call legislating from the bench. Deny that too go ahead.

75% of the 70% don’t understand it. What percentage do you think are in favor of late term abortions?

Forum List

Back