Principal: child MUST shave off military-style haircut...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
“We were told that we had to either cut his hair or he could not return to school,” she said.

Amy tried to explain to the principal that her son’s haircut was meant to emulate his older brother [a soldier in the U.S. Army]. But her explanation was dismissed and the principal demanded that the boy’s hair be “in compliance with our rules.”​
So the mother complied, but not before bringing the matter to the attention of the local press. The article forced a response from the Warren County School District...

“Neither Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary, nor any school in Warren County School District, prohibits military haircuts,” the statement declares.

Well, someone at the district office might want to clue in the principal -- because according to her email – military style haircuts are clearly against the rules.

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs in McMinnville – especially when you take into account that Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary School is named after a local war hero [Medal of Honor receipient Navy Corpsman David Robert “Bobby” Ray].

“We were told that we had to either cut his hair or he could not return to school,” she said.

Amy tried to explain to the principal that her son’s haircut was meant to emulate his older brother [a soldier in the U.S. Army]. But her explanation was dismissed and the principal demanded that the boy’s hair be “in compliance with our rules.”​
So the mother complied, but not before bringing the matter to the attention of the local press. The article forced a response from the Warren County School District...
“Neither Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary, nor any school in Warren County School District, prohibits military haircuts,” the statement declares.

Well, someone at the district office might want to clue in the principal -- because according to her email – military style haircuts are clearly against the rules.

It’s a pretty sad state of affairs in McMinnville – especially when you take into account that Bobby Ray Memorial Elementary School is named after a local war hero [Medal of Honor receipient Navy Corpsman David Robert “Bobby” Ray].

When I was in the USAF our regulation haircut was a crew cut. How do you cut off a crew cut other than shave your head bald?

Progressive Liberal pukes running and teaching in educational institutions in America need to be shuffled out the door and go teach in Russia.

When I was in the USAF our regulation haircut was a crew cut. How do you cut off a crew cut other than shave your head bald?
Too bad we can't read the whole article. I was thinking the same thing. After a military cut, what's left to cut off?

That's exactly what the principal, Monti Hillis, forced the child to do...have the high & tight military haircut shaved to bald if the child was to be allowed to return to school.

Too bad we can't read the whole article. I was thinking the same thing. After a military cut, what's left to cut off?
Why can't you read the article? Is the link not working?

It worked for me, but here it is again, JIC.

School named after war hero forces child to shave off military-style haircut Fox News

Picture of the offending haircut:

High and tight.jpg

Lets see the back of his head. Does he have a braided tail hanging down? Looks like a wannabee mohawk to me and not so military in my opinion.

Why can't you read the article? Is the link not working?

It worked for me, but here it is again, JIC.

School named after war hero forces child to shave off military-style haircut Fox News

I didn't read the article, but after I did I think someone needs to be fired for this outrage!

Lets see the back of his head. Does he have a braided tail hanging down? Looks like a wannabee mohawk to me and not so military in my opinion.
That's the high and tight haircut.
Any way you look at it, it looks like it would be easy to maintain and keep clean. A damp wash clothe would take adequate care of cleanliness. Kids that age can use all the simplicity possible.

That's the high and tight haircut.
Any way you look at it, it looks like it would be easy to maintain and keep clean. A damp wash clothe would take adequate care of cleanliness. Kids that age can use all the simplicity possible.
Yep, and that's pretty much the point. My son still keeps his that way, not quite as short but close.

Forum List

Back