Principal Bans USA Songs From Graduation

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
A Coney Island principal has put the kibosh on patriotism — again.

Greta Hawkins caused a furor when she barred her PS 90 kindergartners from singing “God Bless the USA” at their graduation ceremony in 2012.

Now she has stopped pre-K kids from singing “Stand Up for the Red, White and Blue” at their June 19 moving-up ceremony.

A class of 4-year-olds was rehearsing the song — which they would belt out while marching into the auditorium waving mini-American flags — when Hawkins (top) halted the patriotic parade.

“You didn’t ask permission to do it,” Hawkins scolded the teachers.

Coney Island principal bans another ?USA song? from graduation | New York Post

Greta Hawkins caused a furor when she barred her PS 90 kindergartners from singing “God Bless the USA” at their graduation ceremony in 2012.

Now she has stopped pre-K kids from singing “Stand Up for the Red, White and Blue” at their June 19 moving-up ceremony.

A class of 4-year-olds was rehearsing the song — which they would belt out while marching into the auditorium waving mini-American flags — when Hawkins (top) halted the patriotic parade.

Sounds like a micro-manager...can't do things without her permission....I know a few managers like that.

Sounds like a micro-manager...can't do things without her permission....I know a few managers like that.

I agree. I wonder if she would have given permission if asked. If she would have, then I'd respect her even less for being such a petty control freak.

The kids will perform several other tunes during the ceremony, including “You are my Sunshine” and “What a Miracle Am I.”

You are my Sunshine -1939 by The Pine Ridge Boys from Atlanta.
What a Miracle Am I - 1990 by Hap Palmer from Los Angeles

Principal sounds like a micromanaging ****, but she sure as shit didn't ban USA songs. Compulsive liar will lie.

The kids will perform several other tunes during the ceremony, including “You are my Sunshine” and “What a Miracle Am I.”

Principal sounds like a micromanaging ****, but she sure as shit didn't ban USA songs. Compulsive liar will lie.

I think you are misinterpreting the intention of this thread.

• Banned

I think SteadyMercury is just stupid

I think SteadyMercury is just stupid
Naaaaah..... hey let's focus on the rdean's of the world.

Now that's some big stupid happenin'.

The principal did approve this song:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtGrp5MbzAI]Obama Kids Music Video : Cute or Creepy ? - YouTube[/ame]

The school librarian at high school never liked me, and she acted like a tin-pot dictator to everyone. Some of my friends used to put books in bags to set the alarms off, I got banned from the library for a month through guilt by association (i.e. I didn't do it, but they decided to punish me anyway), but she was such a stuck up woman it was well worth the laughs. Education circles are full of stuck-up staff that take out their issues on students. :lol:

That song isn't appropriate for 4-year olds.

...says Conrad with a k on the front and a v on the end.

Right and a couple years ago they sang it and it was fine. Learn to read please.

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Last edited:
The point is, this principal is anti-American like many liberals are

^^^ They should be banned for banning what them kids had every right to sing and not just any song, but a song about our home land.

God bless you and the kids always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back