NY Principal Pulls Patriotic Song, Wants to Avoid Offending Other Cultures

I can't count the number of times I've heard conservatives voiced their (IMO correct) view that rights are not "given" to us by man but are something we are inherently born with, yet right in the middle of this crappy redneck whiny song you see:
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

Sorry bud, but no man GIVES me my rights.

I thank the men and women of are armed services for PROTECTING my rights, but they don't GIVE them to me.

They do for sure because without them doing work you are afraid to do or just plain dumb you would have "0" rights. God bless the military

Last edited:
I can't count the number of times I've heard conservatives voiced their (IMO correct) view that rights are not "given" to us by man but are something we are inherently born with, yet right in the middle of this crappy redneck whiny song you see:
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

I thank the men and women of are armed services for PROTECTING my rights, but they don't GIVE them to me.

They do for sure because without them doing work you are afraid to do or just plain dumb you would have "0" rights. God bless the military
you'd think that some one could do a better tribute then the lyrics to that corny song!

At one time these things in which he speaks, were allowed in every facet, nook and cranny or corner of America, but slowly these things are eroding away (and/or) are being challenged more and more these days, where as you cannot act upon (or) you are not allowed to say or do many of these things within certain areas of society now, and that is why he stated what he has stated I feel, but you knew this already didn't you ? You were just hoping that he wouldn't have an answer for you or a good comeback, and you figured that also didn't you ? Hec this very case is representitive of what he is saying in respect to. Just observing is all...

What "areas of society" are any of those things not allowed?

at one point we said the Lord's prayer at the beginning of the school day. It's now illegal.

christmas party is now holiday party.

employees are reprimanded for saying merr christmas instead of happy holidays.

I could go on, but clearly you have had blinders on.
No he just thinks we are all complete idiots is what it amounts to..

you'd think that some one could do a better tribute then the lyrics to that corny song!
Why would you post a message to me that said "learn to read" ??

Why would you post a message to me that said "learn to read" ??
this reply proves you can't as it is posted on the wrong thread. try the user cp.

Such ignorance, the song was made in 1918 and didn't become widely known until 1938

Nope. You're thinking of "God Bless America" by Irving Berlin, not "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood.

Two different songs, and the article is talking about the Greenwood song.

Your right, i will admit my mistake and i apologize, still i don't see it as being different then any other patriotic song, the fact remains that it was a school tradition that praised our country and did not negatively affect anyone except for the fact that it did praise the U.S.A and what it stands for.

Lee Greenwood seemed to think that only men died for this country.

The irony of this entire event is that this woman seems to be trying to make decisions based on her CHRISTIAN religion....her STRICT CHRISTIAN religion....and yet we are getting the usual suspects ranting about secularism.

:cuckoo:

What 'other cultures' was she afraid of offending?

Isn't this America? Why would a song about America offend anyone who lives here?

Isn't this America? Why would a song about America offend anyone who lives here?
here's a song about america :[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M]America fuck yeah-team america - YouTube[/ame]

are you offended?
Has to be satire that a left wingnut created, in order to make fun of or to bash old American Pride & traditions in this nation, in which we all once had in this nation that is very decent and very different than this idiocy projects, where as soon something like this will be allowed in schools just as a counter to our American Pride of old, in which this work would be touted as legit (this song) as if it was created seriously as some sort of new generational style tribute that should be listened to and agreed upon in order to show ones patriotism to this nation now, as if only by dirt such as this we could be seen as a (((tough nation))) of some sort, that no one better mess with.

This type of stuff in my opinion is treasonous and betrayal of ones nation and ones principles, and espcially in regards to what this nation has really stood for in and amongst the bad that "yes" has also been amongst us since it's inception of or it's beginning way back when, but they are not the majority and never will be whom do this sort of thing in order to undermine this nation constantly as they are doing with works such as this.

Because their are many who live here now, whom see themselves as anti-American, and she is one of them with way to much power..

here's a song about america :[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M]America fuck yeah-team america - YouTube[/ame]

are you offended?

Could only get the first 14 seconds to play.

Am I offended by (what little) I heard? For a school to be singing? Fuck yeah.

My question was referring specifically to the song that was originally to be sung by the school -- 'God Bless the U.S.A.' Again, why would anyone be offended by this song? That's what the principal was claiming, wasn't it? That some cultures might be offended by it? The only culture that would be offended by it would be an anti-American culture -- and here she is cow-towing to them. That puts her in the anti-American culture. Anti-American principal imposing her anti-American pov on children. :cuckoo:

are you offended?

My question was referring specifically to the song that was originally to be sung by the school -- 'God Bless the U.S.A.' Again, why would anyone be offended by this song? That's what the principal was claiming, wasn't it? That some cultures might be offended by it? The only culture that would be offended by it would be an anti-American culture -- and here she is cow-towing to them. That puts her in the anti-American culture. Anti-American principal imposing her anti-American pov on children. :cuckoo:
OK, you have to remember it was her Christian faith was a major factor in her choice..
As far as I know there is no one size fits all set of rules for what is un american and whats not, with this exception: "We the people of the United States, in Order to from a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessing of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Consitiution for the United States of America.
IMO since public schools are secular they should not promote any religious belief.
nor should they disallow it, if it comes from the students without any undo infulence from the staff or parents.

The Left vs. The Right: It’s all about context

6/20/12

This morning on radio Glenn went through two stories that were recently in the news, both have to do with anti-patriotic protests from the left.

The first is a story out of New York City. Last week, TheBlaze.com reported on a Brooklyn principal who banned children from singing ‘God Blass the USA’ during their kindergarten graduation program, claiming she didn’t “want to offend other cultures.”

This week those same children were heckled for singing the song at a protest in a nearby park.

Parents, outraged by Principal Greta Hawkins’ decision to ban the song, organized the protest and invited Rep. Bob Turner (R-NY) to attend (he’s running against Democratic Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand). But the event, which was assembled to allow the children and families to make their opposition to Hawkins’ stance known, went terribly wrong when some adults chose to shout over the children in protest.

“The left shows up, and what does the left do? They decide to scream at the schoolchildren. I mean, we’re talking little kids, scream at the schoolchildren,” Glenn said.

In the audio clip of the protest you can hear the children in the background singing “God Bless America,” and the protest trying to shout over them screaming, “Burn in hell! You’re all going to burn in hell!”

“They’re all going to burn in hell for singing “God Bless America”?” Pat asked.

Unlikely.

Glenn quickly jumped over to the other story – this one of a flag burning out of Oakland, California. In this clip far left protesters are burning an American flag and singing. As they sing, you can hear them saying “America, F* you”.

“They won’t burn in hell, the flag will just burn. But when you sing “God Bless America,” that’s when you’re going to burn,” Pat said noting the left’s hypocritical logic.

---

The Left vs. The Right: It’s all about context – Glenn Beck

here's a song about america :America fuck yeah-team america - YouTube

are you offended?

OK, you have to remember it was her Christian faith was a major factor in her choice..
As far as I know there is no one size fits all set of rules for what is un american and whats not, with this exception: "We the people of the United States, in Order to from a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessing of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Consitiution for the United States of America.
IMO since public schools are secular they should not promote any religious belief.
nor should they disallow it, if it comes from the students without any undo infulence from the staff or parents.

So you are in favor of the children running the schools/nursery's, and not the parents and/or the teachers then?

Your logic is highly flawed and protective of a confusing logic that is held by hippie type liberals now, in which leaves the nation run by children who are not to be taught anylonger, but instead are the ones who are to be doing the teaching. Gotcha ! :clap2:

Last edited:

So you are in favor of the children running the schools/nursery's, and not the parents and/or the teachers then?

Your logic is highly flawed and protective of a confusing logic that is held by hippie type liberals now, in which leaves the nation run by children who are not to be taught anylonger, but instead are the ones who are to be doing the teaching. Gotcha ! :clap2:
and you'd be wrongly assuming facts not in evidence AGAIN.

I'll type slower this time so you'll get it.
when it comes to public school NO RELIGIOUS DOGMA SHOULD BE PROMOTED BY ANY ONE..
IF parents want their kids to be religiously indoctrinated they have every right to send them to church based schools.
church and state are separate.

"hippie type" ? do you every come out of your basement?

and you'd be wrongly assuming facts not in evidence AGAIN.

I'll type slower this time so you'll get it.
when it comes to public school NO RELIGIOUS DOGMA SHOULD BE PROMOTED BY ANY ONE..
IF parents want their kids to be religiously indoctrinated they have every right to send them to church based schools.
church and state are separate.

"hippie type" ? do you every come out of your basement?

You might be moronically progressive, drink a box of wine and stfu...:eek:

Somebody already made this point but it deserves to be repeated. It is priceless to see the liberals accidentally defending a religious zealot. It just proves that it is hard to distinguish between the far left's ideas and religious zealot's ideas. God knows they are both authoritarian.
I personally would prefer a better song for the kids to sing. Perhaps this one! Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm
[ame=http://youtu.be/9Ty7WU872Lk]Barack Hussein Obama Mmm Mmm Mmm - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back