Pin The Tail on the Progressive...

He was truly the right mix of fiscal conservatism and social libertarianism. Spend the people's money wisely, make their government efficient, and then get the hell out of their personal lives and leave them alone.
Exactly.

The ONLY way to govern, in my book.

Agreed. Reagan personified it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXBswFfh6AY]"A Time for Choosing" by Ronald Reagan - YouTube[/ame]
Jeb Bush: GOP Shifting Beyond Reagan, Elder Bush
Jeb Bush: GOP Shifting Beyond Reagan

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is calling for a more moderate Republican Party — one that he says his father George Bush and Ronald Reagan would embrace.

Jeb told reporters on Monday that his father and Reagan would not have agreed with today's GOP, which has been moving more to the right and following a strict adherence to ideology, The New York Times reports.

“Ronald Reagan would have, based on his record of finding accommodation, finding some degree of common ground, similar to my dad, they would have had a hard time if you define the Republican Party — and I don’t — as having an orthodoxy that doesn’t allow for disagreement,” Jeb said at question-and-answer session in Manhattan by Bloomberg View.

“Back to my Dad’s time or Ronald Reagan’s time,” he went on, “they got a lot of stuff done with a lot of bipartisan support that right now would be difficult to imagine happening.”

Jeb has increasingly become the Republican Party's voice of moderation at a time when the tea party has become increasingly popular and has called for a tighter ideological discipline.

What a moron you are! Are you having difficulty reading and comprehending?

I ask again: Are you attacking Liberals or Democrats? They are not always the same. Much the same way Republicans are not always Conservatives. There was once a Republican who, as an elected President of the United States fought a war against state's rights and for the emancipation of slavery (destroying personal property rights). Another Republican President built a sterling reputation as a regulator and destroyer of the crown jewels of unfettered Capitalism: the monopoly.

And now you're asking us to suspend disbelief and think of people like Fred Phelps and David Duke as if they were Liberals.

Once and for all, do you want to attack Liberal politics or the Democrat party. They are not one in the same.

If you are asking me a question....say 'please.'

Now 'pretty please.'

"...you're asking us..."

I'm not asking you anything. I merely skewered your conflation of insane racists with right-wing talkers.

When you throw out (throw up) the Leftist propaganda that you memorized in government schools, I'll be happy to respond with the truth.

...not that I expect you to learn from it; after all, you're a Liberal.
well argued. Did you learn that in a public school, or were you home schooled by someone unable to reason?

I'd be happy to compare my schooling to yours......

Coming from a person that's usually on the losing end of an ass-kicking contest that's really rich.

show me where i have ever lost on here?

But wonderful deflection to avoid the subject that the OP is a fucking moron who cherry picks her info in order to defend her agenda.

"...show me where i have ever lost on here..."

Ask and you shall receive...

Now, finger-paint, bet you don't really want me to bring up the time you misjudged a joke and insisted that I had said that I wasn't certain Obama would lose....

The post was "I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure...."

I'm sure you remember that one....I laughed so hard I actually gave you a rep.

True?

C'mon....admit it.

Still waiting for the admission......

1. "Principal bans 'God Bless the USA' from kindergarten graduation

2. A New York school principal has banned Lee Greenwood's song "God Bless the USA" from a kindergarten graduation ceremony,...

3. Greta Hawkins heads up the Edna Cohen School in Coney Island and told staffers to drop the patriotic song from the program because she didn't want to "offend other cultures."

4. The children were to sing Greenwood's popular song and waving tiny American flags at their graduation.

5. The touching lyrics include "...I love this land, God bless the USA" and "...the flag still stands for freedom, and they can’t take that away," but the principal removed it from the program after hearing the students sing it at rehearsal.

6. Parent Luz Lozada tells the New York Post, “A lot of people fought to move to America to live freely, so that song should be sung with a whole lot of pride."

7. Department of Education spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti tells the New York Post that she supports the principal's decision noting, "The lyrics are not age-appropriate."

8. However, Justin Bieber's song, "Baby" is apparently considered age-appropriate for five-year-olds who will be singing lines from the song that include, "I'm in pieces, baby fix me" and "Are we an item? Girl, quit playin' ... We're just friends," what are you sayin'?"

9. ... DOE spokeswoman Scaperotti did note that children at the school recite the Pledge of Allegiance and sing "America the Beautiful" every day in class, insiders tell the New York Post that the principal tried to put a stop to that a few years ago but failed after the staff objected.

10. She has been called a bully and a tyrant by staffers and was reprimanded by the Department of Education in 2010 for calling the Edna Cohen School "racist" and declaring, "I’m black. Your previous principal was white and Jewish. More of us are coming.”
Principal bans 'God Bless the USA' from kindergarten graduation - Providence Pop Culture | Examiner.com

So....how do you think Principal Hawkins is voting in November?

School Children Taught to Praise Obama - YouTube

And rdeeeeeeeeeeeeeearn responds with this:

Republicans have taken flag waving to a disgusting level.

Remember when Bush said, "You are with us or with the terrorists?"

4 years of Republicans saying the president is "not American" and not "Christian".

The worst part is the hypocrisy. Republicans claim to be the party of Jesus, but shout "let him die" and applaud executions at their political rallies. Don't say it's not true. We have video.

Republicans gleefully sent young Americans off to Iraq to be killed and maimed for oil while hiding behind a banner of patriotism and fear. They say they support the troops when you have John McCain saying that if you give soldiers benefits like education, they won't want to stay in the military or Sen. Coburn planning on ways to cut veterans health care benefits.

Republicans have no idea what their leadership is doing. But they support them, no matter what it is. Even when Republicans were giving out no bid contracts in Iraq and soldiers were being electrocuted from sub standard housing. Republicans yawn over stuff like that.

Then there is the hatred towards minorities.

Yet, Republicans have convinced themselves they are the party of God and patriotism while showing disdain for both.

And you, one of the worst liars and most disgusting people I've been unfortunate to come in some slight contact with. I feel dirty having a post next to one of yours.

Are you Drunk?...

:)

peace...

1. "Principal bans 'God Bless the USA' from kindergarten graduation

2. A New York school principal has banned Lee Greenwood's song "God Bless the USA" from a kindergarten graduation ceremony,...

3. Greta Hawkins heads up the Edna Cohen School in Coney Island and told staffers to drop the patriotic song from the program because she didn't want to "offend other cultures."

4. The children were to sing Greenwood's popular song and waving tiny American flags at their graduation.

5. The touching lyrics include "...I love this land, God bless the USA" and "...the flag still stands for freedom, and they can’t take that away," but the principal removed it from the program after hearing the students sing it at rehearsal.

6. Parent Luz Lozada tells the New York Post, “A lot of people fought to move to America to live freely, so that song should be sung with a whole lot of pride."

7. Department of Education spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti tells the New York Post that she supports the principal's decision noting, "The lyrics are not age-appropriate."

8. However, Justin Bieber's song, "Baby" is apparently considered age-appropriate for five-year-olds who will be singing lines from the song that include, "I'm in pieces, baby fix me" and "Are we an item? Girl, quit playin' ... We're just friends," what are you sayin'?"

9. ... DOE spokeswoman Scaperotti did note that children at the school recite the Pledge of Allegiance and sing "America the Beautiful" every day in class, insiders tell the New York Post that the principal tried to put a stop to that a few years ago but failed after the staff objected.

10. She has been called a bully and a tyrant by staffers and was reprimanded by the Department of Education in 2010 for calling the Edna Cohen School "racist" and declaring, "I’m black. Your previous principal was white and Jewish. More of us are coming.”
Principal bans 'God Bless the USA' from kindergarten graduation - Providence Pop Culture | Examiner.com

So....how do you think Principal Hawkins is voting in November?

School Children Taught to Praise Obama - YouTube

Don't forget about this:

Kindergartners given homosexual 'pledge cards' (OneNewsNow.com)

:thup:

peace...

"...Sen. Barry Goldwater, the Republican nominee for president that year, voted against the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964. A founder of the NAACP in Arizona, Goldwater was a vehement foe of segregation. But he was also an ardent libertarian. He thought two of the seven major provisions of the bill - on housing and public accomodation - were unwarranted and unconstitutional intrusions by the federal government into private affairs."
Jack Kelly

That's propagandistic horseshit.

You can't 'be' against segregation and vote for it.

Why did the Southern Democrats turn Republican en masse in 64, with their votes?

You can't be *against* segregation and vote for it?

Please advise all the pro-abortionists who claim that although they vote for abortion.......they are not pro-abortion.

A person who votes for the right to choose is willing to allow abortions to occur.

A person who votes for the right to discriminate against minorities is willing to allow racial discrimination to occur.

If you are insisting that by your own logic, Goldwater was pro-racial discrimination, then take it up with the people in this thread you think you're wrong.

I think she wants to be George Will but has the intellectual capacity of George "Goober" Lindsey.

She's definitely batting .500 in the wit department.

Batting Average
Single Season Records

Record Lg Name(s)
Team(s)

Data
Highest
(In A Season)
(Top 100)

AL
Nap Lajoie

Philadelphia

.426 1901
NL
Hugh Duffy

Boston

.440 1894
Highest
(In A Season)
(By A Lefthander)

AL
George Sisler

St. Louis

.420 1922
NL
Willie Keeler

Baltimore

.424 1897
Highest
(In A Season)
(By A Righthander)

AA
Tip O'Neill

St. Louis

.435 1887
AL
Nap Lajoie

Philadelphia

.426 1901
NL
Hugh Duffy

Boston

.440 1894
Highest
(In A Season)
(By A Rookie / 350 at-bats)

AL
Joe Jackson

Cleveland

.408 1911
NL
George Watkins

St. Louis

.373 1930
Highest
(In A Season)
(By A Switch-Hitter)

AA
Tommy Tucker

Baltimore

.372 1889
AL
Mickey Mantle

New York

.365 1957
NL
Chipper Jones

Atlanta

.364 2008
Highest
(In A Season)
(By Position : Catcher)

AL
Joe Mauer

Minnesota

.365 2009
NL
Mike Piazza

Los Angeles

.362 1997
Highest
(In A Season)
(By Position : First Base)

AL
George Sisler

St. Louis

.420 1922
NL
Bill Terry

New York

.401 1930

I'm number one!

I'm number one!

Yippee!

You have no clue about batting averages??????
And you are truly one of the dumbest human beings ever to produce a carbon footprint.

The difference between 1.000 and .500 is the difference between a wit and a half-wit.

The fact that you didn't get the joke and walked right into it was quite a bonus.

;)
"...Sen. Barry Goldwater, the Republican nominee for president that year, voted against the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964. A founder of the NAACP in Arizona, Goldwater was a vehement foe of segregation. But he was also an ardent libertarian. He thought two of the seven major provisions of the bill - on housing and public accomodation - were unwarranted and unconstitutional intrusions by the federal government into private affairs."
Jack Kelly

Did I ever mention that I'm a Goldwater Conservative AND that I want to have your baby? ;)
We need another Goldwater. That man was awesome.

I, too, am a Goldwater conservative. THAT is the GOP I joined. Now, we are a one-party state and look at the shit we have.

That is the GOP that took over the South from the Democrats because of race. Do you believe a segregated South would be an improvement over the current situation?

If you are asking me a question....say 'please.'

Now 'pretty please.'

"...you're asking us..."

I'm not asking you anything. I merely skewered your conflation of insane racists with right-wing talkers.

When you throw out (throw up) the Leftist propaganda that you memorized in government schools, I'll be happy to respond with the truth.

...not that I expect you to learn from it; after all, you're a Liberal.
well argued. Did you learn that in a public school, or were you home schooled by someone unable to reason?

I don't think bragging about your education would be doing any favors for your educators.

I don't think bragging about your education would be doing any favors for your educators.

My poor, sad friend....

....how is it that you have the constant and eternal need to prove how oblivious you are?

I don't foresee the day when you will have to explain a 'joke' to me!

No...as usual, I'm going to have to enlighten you: Of course I knew your intention.

I was merely showing how eminently easy is was to take your gambit and turn it back on you, documenting what a dunce you are...

...see, when you use batting average, it would behoove you to realize how staggeringly great a .500 average is!

You revealed to very one of us baseball fans that you are clueless.

"... bragging about your education..."
I have no doubt that you might be tempted to do so,....if you had one.

"When and if fascism comes to America it will not be labeled "made in Germany"; it will not be marked with a swastika; it will not even be called fascism; it will be called, of course, "Americanism." … The high-sounding phrase "the American way" will be used by interested groups intent on profit, to cover a multitude of sins against the American and Christian tradition, such sins as lawless violence, teargas and shotguns, denial of civil liberties … There is an obligation resting on us all to dedicate our minds to the hard task of thinking in terms of Christian objectives and values, so that we may be saved from moral confusion. For never, probably, has there been a time when there was a more vigorous effort to surround social and international questions with such a fog of distortion and prejudices and hysterical appeal to fear. We have touched a new low in a Congressional investigation this Summer, used by some participating in it to whip up fear and prejudice against many causes of human welfare, such as concern for peace and the rights of labor to bargain collectively."

Sermon delivered in 1938 (see link below)

http://thebookofcletis.blogspot.com/2011/07/1938-warning-by-professor-luccock.html\

Tuesday, July 5, 20111938 Warning by Professor Luccock
Note from Cletis: Pass this around the net if you don't mind. This was published in 1938 and, man, is it appropriate today! We still have a chance to head off the fascists if we confront them and give them no quarter. Evil begins as a sprig and grows in the shadows. Get rid of the shadows and we have a chance. You might want to zoom in a bit on this one:

"DISGUISED FASCISM SEEN AS A MENACE, Prof. Luccock Warns That It Will Bear the Misleading Label 'Americanism'"

Last edited:
"When and if fascism comes to America it will not be labeled "made in Germany"; it will not be marked with a swastika; it will not even be called fascism; it will be called, of course, "Americanism." … The high-sounding phrase "the American way" will be used by interested groups intent on profit, to cover a multitude of sins against the American and Christian tradition, such sins as lawless violence, teargas and shotguns, denial of civil liberties … There is an obligation resting on us all to dedicate our minds to the hard task of thinking in terms of Christian objectives and values, so that we may be saved from moral confusion. For never, probably, has there been a time when there was a more vigorous effort to surround social and international questions with such a fog of distortion and prejudices and hysterical appeal to fear. We have touched a new low in a Congressional investigation this Summer, used by some participating in it to whip up fear and prejudice against many causes of human welfare, such as concern for peace and the rights of labor to bargain collectively."

Sermon delivered in 1938 (see link below)

http://thebookofcletis.blogspot.com/2011/07/1938-warning-by-professor-luccock.html\

Tuesday, July 5, 20111938 Warning by Professor Luccock
Note from Cletis: Pass this around the net if you don't mind. This was published in 1938 and, man, is it appropriate today! We still have a chance to head off the fascists if we confront them and give them no quarter. Evil begins as a sprig and grows in the shadows. Get rid of the shadows and we have a chance. You might want to zoom in a bit on this one:

"DISGUISED FASCISM SEEN AS A MENACE, Prof. Luccock Warns That It Will Bear the Misleading Label 'Americanism'"
That is so true today, the only thing that needs to be updated for today's CON$ervoFascism is "Americanism" is now "American Exceptionalism."

;)

Did I ever mention that I'm a Goldwater Conservative AND that I want to have your baby? ;)

I, too, am a Goldwater conservative. THAT is the GOP I joined. Now, we are a one-party state and look at the shit we have.

That is the GOP that took over the South from the Democrats because of race. Do you believe a segregated South would be an improvement over the current situation?

When you don't have anything else, play the race card. :clap2:

;)

This is YOUR party, asswipe.

What part of "one-party" confuses you?

Idiot. Damn, race is EVERYTHING to the fucking bots.

;)
Jack Kelly

Goldwater was one of many in the GOP running for Office when he did...

He also got his Ass Handed to him by LBJ. :thup:

The Result would be the same if another Goldwater were to Run for President.

The Presidency isn't about Individuals Wants and Desires for the Office... It's about getting the Majority of 10's of Millions of People's Votes that then Translates into an Electoral Win.

10's of Millions of People are DIVERSE by Nature.

peace...

Today, the news report is that Principal Greta Hawkins has pulled the Justin Bieber song, and
will allow the children to sing "America the Beautiful"

But....what about all the other cultures that think their nation is beautiful???

As in, "I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism."

Forum List

Back