Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Stifles Free Speech at Fox News

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns a 7 percent stake in News Corp

That is from the link in the OP

I doubt seriously that 7% ownership in any company allows you to dictate that much.

What percentage does Murdoch own I wonder?

Depends on how highly leveraged Murdoch is. 5% is pretty substantial control in a public company. And if he is able to spike stories he does not like, it is way too much for any government official from any foreign power, especially one that is, at best, equivocally friendly.

As Annie pointed out, this matters mostly because Fox has the reputation of being least dishonest. Makes their ability to manipulate a whole lot greater, because they are the ones most trusted.
and regardless of why, all the news outlets have been ignoring these stories. Why? I'd have to say wanting to avoid being labeled 'anti-Muslim.' The riots, burning of cars, attacks on Jews, has been going on for several years. I used to post on it alot, the information is out there, just the media doesn't cover unless the body counts go up.

I doubt seriously that 7% ownership in any company allows you to dictate that much.

I think Murdoch owns about 35-40%.

Alwaleed is the second largest shareholder.

And while not as large as Murdoch, with a 7% ownership stake in the company, you betcha he has a whole shiat-ton of influence. He could probably seriously hurt the company if he wanted to.

This is very very very bad.

This is an interesting factoid I didnt know about before, and it just isnt good that a foreign power can dictate the content of our news
As opposed to the corporations that look out for the population?

This is an interesting factoid I didnt know about before, and it just isnt good that a foreign power can dictate the content of our news

What? That the Saudis owned a great deal of Fox News? :lol:

As much as I would like it (It would help me get my homework done faster) I am not omniscient, (Especially about spelling. ) and that little fact had escaped my notice.

That said, every source is always compromised. Whenever anyone tells you anything, you sort of need to pay attention to where his bread is buttered
Very Very true.

I don't see what the big fuss is all about. You have literally millions of ways to get News. Television is not the first choice for most people.

Of course we do. What is shocking to me is that the Prince is making Fox News alter the way they report some things, and repressing the reporting of things all together. WTH?
This is the way business works, free market at its best.
I don't see what the big fuss is all about. You have literally millions of ways to get News. Television is not the first choice for most people.

Of course we do. What is shocking to me is that the Prince is making Fox News alter the way they report some things, and repressing the reporting of things all together. WTH?

If it was an American citizen making a media outlet
alter the way they report some things, and repressing the reporting of things all together
would it be any different at all ? I don't think lies have nationalities. Come to think of it I might brand any American who did it a traitor.

Lies do not have nationalities neither does the truth and facts however truth and fact are ALWAYS the first to be sacrificed to the dollar.

As much as I would like it (It would help me get my homework done faster) I am not omniscient, (Especially about spelling. ) and that little fact had escaped my notice.

That said, every source is always compromised. Whenever anyone tells you anything, you sort of need to pay attention to where his bread is buttered
Very Very true.

alter the way they report some things, and repressing the reporting of things all together
would it be any different at all ? I don't think lies have nationalities. Come to think of it I might brand any American who did it a traitor.

Lies do not have nationalities neither does the truth and facts however truth and fact are ALWAYS the first to be sacrificed to the dollar.

Now THAT is the truth, be it in business or government.

Very Very true.

I hope this isn't a recent discovery of yours---and politics is ALL about the dollar. Expect no truth there.

Gee Ollie, did you forget the fact that Murdoch is a foreign citizen? Australia, actually.

But this does bring up an interesting point. FAUX Noise was the mouthpiece of the Bush admin, and FAUX is where they did most of their propaganda at.

Now..........think about this.........the Saudis helped with the 9/11 attacks (financed 'em actually), and most of the people at FAUX had close ties to the WH.

Think that is one reason that we couldn't find OBL? How about the possibility that a lot of information was going through FAUX, and not all of it would have necessarily been unclassified.

You know.......I'd like to find out when the Saudi bought his shares, because there was a time in 2005/2006 when the production values of the Taliban tapes went up rather high, very quickly.

Wonder if FAUX editing machines have been used to produce AQ and Taliban videos?

And while not as large as Murdoch, with a 7% ownership stake in the company, you betcha he has a whole shiat-ton of influence. He could probably seriously hurt the company if he wanted to.
No he can't. The worst he could do is dump his shares. Big deal. Stock prices fluctuate every day. He'd lose money too. This whole issue is a tempest in a teapot. Media is biased, Dah!

No he can't. The worst he could do is dump his shares. Big deal. Stock prices fluctuate every day. He'd lose money too. This whole issue is a tempest in a teapot. Media is biased, Dah!

If he dumped his shares, all at once, it would could cause quite a hit to the company if done right.

I'm not saying that they couldn't recover...but to think that he doesn't have quite a bit influence and control over the company is just plain silly.

the problem is not the damage he might conceivably do to Murdoch. the problem is we have a foreign prince who gets veto power what goes over the air on the largest cable news network. Not coerced even, but granted as a right.

I'm still waiting for anyone to explain the silence from the rest of the media. They are not owned by a Saudi Prince, are they? What's the reason they remain silent?

If he dumped his shares, all at once, it would could cause quite a hit to the company if done right.

I'm not saying that they couldn't recover...but to think that he doesn't have quite a bit influence and control over the company is just plain silly.

Let's look at the numbers. Do you have any idea how many shares of NWS trade every day? about 4.5 million. Over the last 12 months the shares have fluctuated from a low of about $5.00 to a high of around $17.00 per share. There are 798 milllion shares outstanding trading at rougky $15.00 per share. If prince fucknuts tried to sell every share he had (approx. 55 million shares) he'd effect the market for 2-3 weeks at worst. Murdoch could buy every share himself and not even hiccup. Afterwards, a properly crafted press release by Murdoch would render the entire event a footnote. Sorry, you are wrong. Prince douche bag has very little power.

Murdoch could buy every share himself and not even hiccup. Afterwards, a properly crafted press release by Murdoch would render the entire event a footnote. Sorry, you are wrong. Prince douche bag has very little power.

Keep telling yourself that, but it won't come true. :lol:

Let's look at the numbers. Do you have any idea how many shares of NWS trade every day? about 4.5 million. Over the last 12 months the shares have fluctuated from a low of about $5.00 to a high of around $17.00 per share. There are 798 milllion shares outstanding trading at rougky $15.00 per share. If prince fucknuts tried to sell every share he had (approx. 55 million shares) he'd effect the market for 2-3 weeks at worst. Murdoch could buy every share himself and not even hiccup. Afterwards, a properly crafted press release by Murdoch would render the entire event a footnote. Sorry, you are wrong. Prince douche bag has very little power.

So the market could flood with nearly a BILLION dollars of NewsCorp shares...from just one person...at one time...and the company wouldn't be hurt?

Yeah...keep telling yourself that.

So the market could flood with nearly a BILLION dollars of NewsCorp shares...from just one person...at one time...and the company wouldn't be hurt?

Yeah...keep telling yourself that.

You are not getting it, fox news is a national hero therefore there is no way possible it can be corrupted. The personalities themselves would not allow it.

Forum List

Back