President’s “Back To School Speech” Scheduled For Sept 14th

The diversion is, when did I ever claim that 50% of the people don't care what Sarah Palin says? That's my point.

you didnt, but I see you diverting from the point I was making. Your criticism was about how the far riught grasps on to every word Obama says and I compared it to how the left grasps on to every word Palin says. It was pretty much pointing out to you that both sides do it.
But no harm no foul. I meant no harm by it. appreciate the point you were making and I apologize if I seemed to divert from it.

Yeah, I wont disagree with you about the left grasping at everything Palin does/says. I know I take interest in a lot of what she says. Thats why if I was to make a claim that no one cares about anything Palin says, I'd obviously be lying. Same as why I pointed out that Stephanies statement that people dont care about what Obama says is obviously not true.

one thing that is human nature...if you do not agree with someone, you will always look for a way to trip them up and make them look foolish.

Heck...I have poeople on here trying to do that to me all the time...and yes, I try to do it as well.

Ironically...if you think about it....if you dont agree with someone and truly think they are foolish for their beliefs, then why do we seem to always look to make them look foolish? Apparently, just saying what they believe is doing that already.

Interesting. No?

Gee a prize for not being a complete loon? I'm honored. Although some could argue that you need to be a complete loon to teach in a public high school.

The President is not going to talk about HC, or the mosque, or immigration, etc. He will speak as he did last year, about studying, respect for their parents and teachers, and perhaps even staying off drugs. Isn't that something we all want for our kids? Sheez. There are far more important issues to worry about. The children will not be harmed. Lol

But should he/she miss Chemistry? That's why I think it should be up to the teachers.

I never said that at all, Dawg, I said that some teachers, and some schools are, and backed it with videos. These teachers are members of a teachers union which have received plenty of money from this administration. There lies the teachers union and obama connection. :razz:

Actually, it looks like to me that a handful of teachers and maybe a handful of schools. At this point I think you must be trying to troll though. :eusa_think:

Says the boy who can't win the debate.

A handful of this is not good, Dawg. It shouldn't have been anywhere in the schools with the children, not the place for it....yet you can't bring yourself to admit it.

Gee a prize for not being a complete loon? I'm honored. Although some could argue that you need to be a complete loon to teach in a public high school.

The President is not going to talk about HC, or the mosque, or immigration, etc. He will speak as he did last year, about studying, respect for their parents and teachers, and perhaps even staying off drugs. Isn't that something we all want for our kids? Sheez. There are far more important issues to worry about. The children will not be harmed. Lol

But should he/she miss Chemistry? That's why I think it should be up to the teachers.

If you teach junior high kids, you might have something wrong with you, but you also deserve a medal. :D

Says the boy who can't win the debate.

A handful of this is not good, Dawg. It shouldn't have been anywhere in the schools with the children, not the place for it....yet you can't bring yourself to admit it.

Wait. Where did I say it was the place for it? Mind showing me? All I'm saying is you're overreacting with fear mongering by acting like Obama or the Teacher Unions are trying to indoctrinate kids.

Hell, people should be worried about how more kids are apathetic to not only the world around them but doing school work these days. Not this non-issue.

me too!
I remember watching a shuttle launch in school, I guess NASA was indoctrinating us also.

Now you know why you have these sudden strange urges to donate all your money to the Space program now. :lol:

you didnt, but I see you diverting from the point I was making. Your criticism was about how the far riught grasps on to every word Obama says and I compared it to how the left grasps on to every word Palin says. It was pretty much pointing out to you that both sides do it.
But no harm no foul. I meant no harm by it. appreciate the point you were making and I apologize if I seemed to divert from it.

Yeah, I wont disagree with you about the left grasping at everything Palin does/says. I know I take interest in a lot of what she says. Thats why if I was to make a claim that no one cares about anything Palin says, I'd obviously be lying. Same as why I pointed out that Stephanies statement that people dont care about what Obama says is obviously not true.

one thing that is human nature...if you do not agree with someone, you will always look for a way to trip them up and make them look foolish.

Heck...I have poeople on here trying to do that to me all the time...and yes, I try to do it as well.

Ironically...if you think about it....if you dont agree with someone and truly think they are foolish for their beliefs, then why do we seem to always look to make them look foolish? Apparently, just saying what they believe is doing that already.

Interesting. No?

Absolutely and this could actually be it's own topic. I too tend to do that a times as it seems mind boggling to me at times the way people think. As I'm sure some people think about my views. I keep telling myself that I have to stop visiting this site because finding rational discussion without insults seems to be a very rare thing here and it can be frustrating to not have a non-partisan discussion about ANY topic.

But then I get sucked right back in and use the same insult tactics myself...certainly more then I would like to but that's probably more out of frustration that talking intelligently with someone doesn't seem to go anywhere.

It's creepy. It's beyond creepy.

I guess since adults no longer take Obama seriously, this is the last group that might listen without telling him to shut the fuck up.

I think that Castro and Hugo Chavez also give these little pep talks from time to time to their children

me too!
I remember watching a shuttle launch in school, I guess NASA was indoctrinating us also.

Now you know why you have these sudden strange urges to donate all your money to the Space program now. :lol:

you mean, everyone doesnt already do that? I have been doing it since the moon landings of the late 60's early 70's. Isnt that our role as Americans? To give all our excess cash to NASA?

you mean, everyone doesnt already do that? I have been doing it since the moon landings of the late 60's early 70's. Isnt that our role as Americans? To give all our excess cash to NASA?

:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhSYbRiYwTY]YouTube - David Bowie's "Space Oddity"[/ame]

obama-youth-3.jpg

I remember be excited to see the President on television as a child. It was Ronald Reagan and George Bush, and I am positive my parents did not think twice about me being exposed to them. Kids don't care about whether they are republican or democrat. It is just cool to see the President.
People need to get over it, and grow up.

did bush and Reagan give "back to school" speeches? I must have missed those.

reagan did:

Conservative media take note: Reagan preached tax cut gospel to America’s students | Media Matters for America

and his speech *was* indoctrination instead of just empty crap like obama's last one

videos of it were flying around last year when this controversy started

I remember be excited to see the President on television as a child. It was Ronald Reagan and George Bush, and I am positive my parents did not think twice about me being exposed to them. Kids don't care about whether they are republican or democrat. It is just cool to see the President.
People need to get over it, and grow up.

did bush and Reagan give "back to school" speeches? I must have missed those.

They weren't as narcissistic as obama, so no, I do not think they had a televised statement on what to do in any given school year. I think that was at one point up to the parents, and /or the teachers

I am afraid that the school children are seen as a stepping stone to the next level of propaganda that may be televised in their classrooms. Just a thought

no, you are just an idiot

Interesting. No?

Absolutely and this could actually be it's own topic. I too tend to do that a times as it seems mind boggling to me at times the way people think. As I'm sure some people think about my views. I keep telling myself that I have to stop visiting this site because finding rational discussion without insults seems to be a very rare thing here and it can be frustrating to not have a non-partisan discussion about ANY topic.

But then I get sucked right back in and use the same insult tactics myself...certainly more then I would like to but that's probably more out of frustration that talking intelligently with someone doesn't seem to go anywhere.

I believe alot of what people say on this board is an exaggeration of what they truly believe. Not so much in an effort to defend their poisition, but more in an effort to discredit the opposition...you know...an attempt to make the speechless.

But hey, Im not a psychologist. I am an economist, political expert, mind reader, journalism expert and body language expert.

Well, not really. I just claim one of those when the debate calls for it.

Interesting. No?

I believe alot of what people say on this board is an exaggeration of what they truly believe. Not so much in an effort to defend their poisition, but more in an effort to discredit the opposition...you know...an attempt to make the speechless.

But hey, Im not a psychologist. I am an economist, political expert, mind reader, journalism expert and body language expert.

Well, not really. I just claim one of those when the debate calls for it.

LOL, good points and well said. Thanks for the refreshing conversation. Truly.

Can I help to clear up a misconception I've noticed on this board? Many of the conservatives here think that the teaching profession is dominated by a bunch of kooky libtards. That is not the case here in NJ At least. 65 percent of NJEA members voted for Chris Christie. Nearly half the teachers in my school are R's and even the die hard union Dems are mostly socially conservative. You need not fear "indoctrination".in any of the schools I am familiar with. Perhaps in loony left parts of the country, you do, But who would want to raise their kids there anyway? Lol

Forum List

Back