President Trump to the rescue, signs 4 executive orders to help the American people with the government mandated shut down.

President Trump showing his usual leadership and his love for America and the American people just signed 4 executive orders....to help the American people, especially those suffering under the destructive policies of the democrat party and their crap hole cities.....

This action is essentially Eminent Domain...the government is mandating the shut down of large sectors of privately owned businesses...this is meant to help the people the government is hurting...

President Trump on Saturday signed four executive orders.

Under his EO, unemployment benefits are extended. The amount, however, has dropped to $400 a week.

Payroll tax cuts will go into effect on Sept. 1 for those making $100,000 or less. Trump vowed to make this permanent if he's re-elected.

Student loan payments are suspended through the end of the year. Interest rates will remain at zero percent.

The housing moratorium has also been extended, protecting renters from being evicted.

Unconstitutional

Wonderful. Since when does the president have the right to void contracts between private citizens? Since when does the president have the power of the purse? I thought that had to be passed by the house. Just because he doesn't like democrats or Nancy Pissloser doesn't mean he can usurp our constitution.

I think he's overstepping his powers on this one. People are now being allowed to live rent free in homes that they don't own and can't be thrown out of.

This is insane. I was ok with the first one, but not this extension. I think Trump is a little too power hungry.

He probably doesn't but this is going to be a huge boost for him. Now the Democrats get to sue to keep the unemployed from getting some extra money and allowing people to get evicted.

These are things the Democrats should have passed already but they care far, far more for their rich donors.

It can be spun 2 ways.

The dems can spin it that Trump is yet overstepping his powers again and needs to be removed from office.

They can. The voters aren't going to see it this way. They are going to see being able to keep a little more of their money, the 10 million unemployed are going to breath a sigh of relief and many others will know they aren't going to be evicted.

All things the Democrats are supposed to be for. This will be a huge positive for Trump even if it gets overturned next year.
A rare good move by the blob. We will see how much benefit is actually derived but I think it’s a good move.

President Trump showing his usual leadership and his love for America and the American people just signed 4 executive orders....to help the American people, especially those suffering under the destructive policies of the democrat party and their crap hole cities.....

This action is essentially Eminent Domain...the government is mandating the shut down of large sectors of privately owned businesses...this is meant to help the people the government is hurting...

Under his EO, unemployment benefits are extended. The amount, however, has dropped to $400 a week.

Payroll tax cuts will go into effect on Sept. 1 for those making $100,000 or less. Trump vowed to make this permanent if he's re-elected.

Student loan payments are suspended through the end of the year. Interest rates will remain at zero percent.

The housing moratorium has also been extended, protecting renters from being evicted.

Unconstitutional
lol What is unconstitutional about it?

President Trump showing his usual leadership and his love for America and the American people just signed 4 executive orders....
>>> The term "Resolution" can be misleading; this law originated as a Joint Resolution and was passed by both Houses of Congress pursuant to the Legislative Process, and has the same legal effect as a Bill which has passed and become a law. For more information on Bills and Joint Resolutions see this explanation of Congressional Forms of Action.<<<

Quite a bit of law, it would seem, but where the due process of it is missing, the President takes over by virtue of Executive Order.

The Party of Obstruction refused to get anything done for the American People, so your president took care of it, saving many tens of thousands from financial ruin during the Democrat Scamdemic.

The real obstructionist are the republicans. Their motto,
is its our way or the hiway.

gettyimages-919102676-2048x2048.jpg

It's great to finally have a president who knows how to use the executive order process the right way.
The use of executive actions drew criticism from Republican Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska. “The pen-and-phone theory of executive lawmaking is unconstitutional slop," said Sasse, a member of the Senate's Judiciary and Finance panels. He added that Trump "does not have the power to unilaterally rewrite the payroll tax law. Under the Constitution, that power belongs to the American people acting through their members of Congress.”

Unconstitutional

lol What part of the Constitution allows the Executive to just dole out money as he sees fit? Control of the purse lies solely with Congress.

Trump extended previous programs. It's why the $1200 wasn't included. As far as taxes go he did the very same thing Obama did with DACA.

The Democrats are fools for allowing Pelosi to still run things in the House. She failed miserably in 2010. How is it a good idea to do it again?

Unconstitutional

lol What part of the Constitution allows the Executive to just dole out money as he sees fit? Control of the purse lies solely with Congress.
That's what you get from cutting history class. The "power of the purse" lies in an agreement between the President and Congress on what should be appropriated and spent. Without that agreement, no money can be appropriated, but as we have seen when the President used funds not appropriated for the border fence under a state of emergency, he can use other monies to rescue the American people from the depredations of the Democratic Party in denying people unemployment benefits and protection from eviction nad extensions of college loan payments. On March 25 the President declared a state of emergency over the covid crisis which gives him broad powers to use any monies he can find that are not specifically pinned to other projects to relieve the sufferings of the American people being caused by the Democrats.

No it is not. Governments have always had certain powere when you have emergencies. Don't forget Trump declared a national emergency. The Governors have tried to save people's lives and those that acted decisively have high approval ratings. Those that didn't have low approval ratings.

Trump did not help anyone.

Unemployment benefits are not extended. This is something that is totally different. It will cut the number of people receiving benefits such as people who relied on tips. It will take months for states and maybe even the federal government to figure this out. Whether states are going to even be able to do this is questionable. REPUBLICAN Ohio Governor Mike DeWine was asked whether his state could cover their share and he said he didn't know.

There are no payroll tax cuts because Trump cannot do that without Congress. Workers are unlikely to see anything from this. Employees are not going to see anything from this. Employers are not going to take a chance of having to clawback the money or cover it themselves and they are not going to spend their share without clearer guidance. Trump is obsessed with the payroll tax cut.. It is not a very effective way of stimulating the economy even if he could. He dares to say if he is re-elected he will forgive the deferrals. Trump apparently feels he needs to buy votes.

The eviction moratorium was not extended. Even Kudlow admitted it. All it does is direct HUD to look for funds and find ways to help people avoid eviction. That is all.

The student loan deferral only applies to public loans. People who have loans with private lenders gets no help whatsoever.

The real question is whether Trump wanted to do this and refused to negotiate. I predict Trump and Republicans will pay a heavy price for this.

If Congress would do its damn job, maybe Trump wouldn't have felt the need to go around them. Constitutionality be damned. People need help, and any impedance on the Democrats part by attempting to sue over legality is careless.

DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

Maybe if the Republicans and Trump would do their jobs. I suspect Trump wanted to do this from the begining and refused to negotiate.

If Congress would do its damn job, maybe Trump wouldn't have felt the need to go around them. Constitutionality be damned. People need help, and any impedance on the Democrats part by attempting to sue over legality is careless.

Maybe if the Republicans and Trump would do their jobs. I suspect Trump wanted to do this from the begining and refused to negotiate.

Moron, the only ones who refused to negotiate were the democrats who want to inflict as much pain on Americans as possible right before the election...

Wonderful. Since when does the president have the right to void contracts between private citizens? Since when does the president have the power of the purse? I thought that had to be passed by the house. Just because he doesn't like democrats or Nancy Pissloser doesn't mean he can usurp our constitution.

I think he's overstepping his powers on this one. People are now being allowed to live rent free in homes that they don't own and can't be thrown out of.

This is insane. I was ok with the first one, but not this extension. I think Trump is a little too power hungry.

He probably doesn't but this is going to be a huge boost for him. Now the Democrats get to sue to keep the unemployed from getting some extra money and allowing people to get evicted.

These are things the Democrats should have passed already but they care far, far more for their rich donors.

It can be spun 2 ways.

The dems can spin it that Trump is yet overstepping his powers again and needs to be removed from office.

They can. The voters aren't going to see it this way. They are going to see being able to keep a little more of their money, the 10 million unemployed are going to breath a sigh of relief and many others will know they aren't going to be evicted.

All things the Democrats are supposed to be for. This will be a huge positive for Trump even if it gets overturned next year.

No they aren't. What they are going to find out is this was all a farce.

Moron, the only ones who refused to negotiate were the democrats who want to inflict as much pain on Americans as possible right before the election...

You are the moron. The Republicans need to negotiate with themselves first. These EOs are not worth the paper they are written on. You are too stupid to see that.

Unconstitutional

Trump extended previous programs. It's why the $1200 wasn't included. As far as taxes go he did the very same thing Obama did with DACA.

The Democrats are fools for allowing Pelosi to still run things in the House. She failed miserably in 2010. How is it a good idea to do it again?

No he did not. Obama had every right to set guidelines for who should be deported. These people should be given a opportunity for citizenship. They are more American than you are.

Then why wasn't this done two months ago when the House did it?
Eh, because they were making frivolous demands, and the president gave them every chance to negotiate in good faith. If Congress can't get it done, who will? Tell me.

The congress is voted in by the people. They have to be voted out, not ignored or "worked around." That's not how our system works.

So we call an emergency election? What are the odds of that happening? Timing is critical.

No need for an emergency election. The election is in November. The way we do things, every 2 years we elect members to represent us in congress. If they don't do their job you elect someone else, you don't decide the president is God and he makes all the rules.

Otherwise, why the hell even use congress? Just have the president make all the rules.
Maybe do their jobs then!

MJaybe Republicans should start doing their job.

He doesn’t have the authority to do much of what he claimed to do today
Take him on

Federal judges will.

Federal judges have already blocked many of his EO's.
Go ahead and do it... It wont play out very well in the meida when they are fighting to take away funds from people needing them... Go ahead, Make my day!

Sounds like you think this is a political win for the dummy. And that’s cool with you.
Why isn’t it a win for the people?

Becfause it does not help the people.

This was made political from the beginning. Progs should have worked with Trump for the good of the country. Instead the old "never let a crisis go" agenda went into production.

Is that why Republicans are arguing with themselves over this?

This was made political from the beginning. Progs should have worked with Trump for the good of the country. Instead the old "never let a crisis go" agenda went into production.

Then your unhappiness should not be directed at "Progs" (whomever that may be), but at Senator Mitch McConnell and his Republican leadership. The House passed their relief bill two months ago.
And Mitch?...crickets...I'm sorry, again, who made this political?

Trump wins here either way. Now this isnt what I think. Long term this damages the country bad but as far as the November elections goes Trump wins.

He is going to say that once again the two parties couldn't come together and it was left up to him to do something.

No , Trump is the loser. Voters will see through this farce.

Forum List

Back