President Trump to the rescue, signs 4 executive orders to help the American people with the government mandated shut down.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
President Trump showing his usual leadership and his love for America and the American people just signed 4 executive orders....to help the American people, especially those suffering under the destructive policies of the democrat party and their crap hole cities.....

This action is essentially Eminent Domain...the government is mandating the shut down of large sectors of privately owned businesses...this is meant to help the people the government is hurting...

President Trump on Saturday signed four executive orders.

Under his EO, unemployment benefits are extended. The amount, however, has dropped to $400 a week.

Payroll tax cuts will go into effect on Sept. 1 for those making $100,000 or less. Trump vowed to make this permanent if he's re-elected.

Student loan payments are suspended through the end of the year. Interest rates will remain at zero percent.

The housing moratorium has also been extended, protecting renters from being evicted.

Wonderful. Since when does the president have the right to void contracts between private citizens? Since when does the president have the power of the purse? I thought that had to be passed by the house. Just because he doesn't like democrats or Nancy Pissloser doesn't mean he can usurp our constitution.

I think he's overstepping his powers on this one. People are now being allowed to live rent free in homes that they don't own and can't be thrown out of.

This is insane. I was ok with the first one, but not this extension. I think Trump is a little too power hungry.

Last edited:
President Trump showing his usual leadership and his love for America and the American people just signed 4 executive orders....to help the American people, especially those suffering under the destructive policies of the democrat party and their crap hole cities.....

This action is essentially Eminent Domain...the government is mandating the shut down of large sectors of privately owned businesses...this is meant to help the people the government is hurting...

Under his EO, unemployment benefits are extended. The amount, however, has dropped to $400 a week.

Payroll tax cuts will go into effect on Sept. 1 for those making $100,000 or less. Trump vowed to make this permanent if he's re-elected.

Student loan payments are suspended through the end of the year. Interest rates will remain at zero percent.

The housing moratorium has also been extended, protecting renters from being evicted.

Evermore said that enacting extra UI benefits through an executive order would take even longer than Congressional legislation — which experts say would take weeks to implement — because states can only administer benefits defined under the Social Security Act or by Congress. Benefits issued by an executive order aren’t authorized by the Employment and Training Administration, which manages unemployment compensation services for the Labor Department.

If Congress would do its damn job, maybe Trump wouldn't have felt the need to go around them. Constitutionality be damned. People need help, and any impedance on the Democrats part by attempting to sue over legality is careless.

DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.
Then why wasn't this done two months ago when the House did it?

Nancy....

1596923115669.png

If Congress would do its damn job, maybe Trump wouldn't have felt the need to go around them. Constitutionality be damned. People need help, and any impedance on the Democrats part by attempting to sue over legality is careless.

Because the benefits hadn't run out yet. The worthless leftist traitors would have packed any such extension with leftist sewage such as mail in voting.

Constitutionality be damned.

Be careful with that son, the only thing protecting your right to own a firearm is the 2nd amendment of the constitution. So if "constitutionality be damned" then the next dem president can write an EO banning all guns immediately. After all, constitutionality be damned, right?

Wonderful. Since when does the president have the right to void contracts between private citizens? Since when does the president have the power of the purse? I thought that had to be passed by the house. Just because he doesn't like democrats or Nancy Pissloser doesn't mean he can usurp our constitution.

I think he's overstepping his powers on this one. People are now being allowed to live rent free in homes that they don't own and can't be thrown out of.

This is insane. I was ok with the first one, but not this extension. I think Trump is a little too power hungry.

He probably doesn't but this is going to be a huge boost for him. Now the Democrats get to sue to keep the unemployed from getting some extra money and allowing people to get evicted.

These are things the Democrats should have passed already but they care far, far more for their rich donors.

He probably doesn't but this is going to be a huge boost for him. Now the Democrats get to sue to keep the unemployed from getting some extra money and allowing people to get evicted.

These are things the Democrats should have passed already but they care far, far more for their rich donors.

It can be spun 2 ways.

The dems can spin it that Trump is yet overstepping his powers again and needs to be removed from office.

The repubs can spin it saying that Trump is doing everything he can to help the unemployed and the dems are doing everything they can to stand in his way and prevent him from doing this.

It can be spun 2 ways.

The dems can spin it that Trump is yet overstepping his powers again and needs to be removed from office.

They can. The voters aren't going to see it this way. They are going to see being able to keep a little more of their money, the 10 million unemployed are going to breath a sigh of relief and many others will know they aren't going to be evicted.

All things the Democrats are supposed to be for. This will be a huge positive for Trump even if it gets overturned next year.

Eh, because they were making frivolous demands, and the president gave them every chance to negotiate in good faith. If Congress can't get it done, who will? Tell me.

Eh, because they were making frivolous demands, and the president gave them every chance to negotiate in good faith. If Congress can't get it done, who will? Tell me.

The congress is voted in by the people. They have to be voted out, not ignored or "worked around." That's not how our system works.

As there was a law passed by congress, Trump as the executive can extend that order.

As there was a law passed by congress, Trump as the executive can extend that order.

No he cannot. He does not make or extend laws. No president does. Laws and the purse strings are given to the legislature, not the president. He's a president, not a dictator.

No he cannot. He does not make or extend laws. No president does. Laws and the purse strings are given to the legislature, not the president. He's a president, not a dictator.
I should have qualified that under the Eminent Domain Act. He can indeed do it and you have the right to sue the government for it and any losses you have incurred becasue of it.

2zk2mn.jpg

The congress is voted in by the people. They have to be voted out, not ignored or "worked around." That's not how our system works.

So we call an emergency election? What are the odds of that happening? Timing is critical.

So we call an emergency election? What are the odds of that happening? Timing is critical.

No need for an emergency election. The election is in November. The way we do things, every 2 years we elect members to represent us in congress. If they don't do their job you elect someone else, you don't decide the president is God and he makes all the rules.

Otherwise, why the hell even use congress? Just have the president make all the rules.

Forum List

Back