President receives accolades

The Presidents approval will only continue rising as long as Newt is fighting w/ Mitt too. Every Sunday talk show said the ongoing mudslinging by conservatives in the Primary is seriously degrading Republicorp's "brand", not that it wasn't seriously tarnished after 2000- present :lol:

Oh! Maybe!. Hope against hope. Maybe the economy will slip a bit and a few hundred thousand jobs will go away. Yes! If only that would happen and Obama's poll numbers would fall back! Go shitty ecoonomic news! Go!

Anemic describes what's been happening perfectly. Admit it, Lone...you keep trotting out the "22 months of job growth" because that's about the only positive thing you can say about the economy under Barack Obama. The fact that those job's numbers HAVE been anemic simply illustrates how you much you Obama apologists have to bend over backwards to find something good to say about a man as incompetent as Barry is.

He sends in Seal Team Six against a small band of Somali Pirates? Talk about hitting a mosquito with a sledge hammer! And on the same night as his State of the Union address that was the same old, same old? Gee, what a coincidence. Anything to give the main stream media something else to talk about other than a "non-plan" to fix the economy and get people working again!

Beats the exponentially contracting job market he walked into. Face it, any job growth - Even if 'anemic' - is a biiiiiiiiiiiig improvement.

Maybe you want to claim its in spite of Obama or unrelated to him, but hard to argue that it hasn't been a big step forward.

Things are getting back to normal. Be happy about it. It will feel better than rooting for America to fail.

Show me a recession that wasn't followed by a recovery and I'll give Obama "credit" for accomplishing something. Things ALWAYS get back to normal...it's just a question of how long it takes and how robust the recovery is. What policy of this President has led to a stronger economic recovery? ObamaCare? Nope, that's a jobs killer. The stimulus? For the trillion dollars that fiasco cost us we got very little bang for our buck. Our recovery is no better than those countries that DIDN'T try that Keynesian wet dream with it's Solydras and shovel ready jobs that never materialized. The moritorium on drilling or the postponement of the oil pipe line? Nope, more job killers. Threatened higher taxes on anyone making more than $200,000 a year? Threatened EPA enforcement of greenhouse gas regulations? Threatened Cap & Trade legislation. Eric Holder suing Boeing for building in a right to work State? All of those things put a damper on the recovery...but you don't want to admit that because you love Barry so much that you give him a pass on ALL of his policy blunders.

you know whats really amazing?

That you read her post, parsed words; added some words form a previous sentence...and created a spin....just so you can demean her.

That makes you pathetic.

I didn't "parse" her words. She said very explicitly, that what Obama has done doesn't take "cajones" because he volunteered for the job, and what he's done is just part of the job. She then, very explicitly, pointed out that our military is a volunteer force. Ipso facto, being in the military does not take "cajones" either, according to her. There's no spin to it. Pure, straight, syllogistic reasoning. All S is P, all P is R, therefore all S is R. The fact that you're unable to regard the simplest concepts of basic logic as anything more than "spin" is what's truly pathetic here.

If I wanted to demean her, I would have called her a stupid twat. But I didn't, because that would have failed to address the subject matter at hand, and because I expect most people here to already know it anyway so why waste my breath?

Ipso Facto?

What the fuck is your problem? You act like a child on this site.

The earth is round. It is covered 75% by water.
A spalding ball is also round...

So "ipso facto"...

A spalding ball must be 75% covered by water.

Asshole..

Learn to comprehend when you read.

you know whats really amazing?

That you read her post, parsed words; added some words form a previous sentence...and created a spin....just so you can demean her.

That makes you pathetic.

I didn't "parse" her words. She said very explicitly, that what Obama has done doesn't take "cajones" because he volunteered for the job, and what he's done is just part of the job. She then, very explicitly, pointed out that our military is a volunteer force. Ipso facto, being in the military does not take "cajones" either, according to her. There's no spin to it. Pure, straight, syllogistic reasoning. All S is P, all P is R, therefore all S is R. The fact that you're unable to regard the simplest concepts of basic logic as anything more than "spin" is what's truly pathetic here.

If I wanted to demean her, I would have called her a stupid twat. But I didn't, because that would have failed to address the subject matter at hand, and because I expect most people here to already know it anyway so why waste my breath?

Ipso Facto?

So "ipso facto"...

Asshole..

lol you did that wrong, the analogy isn't the same logical word problem.

Ipso Facto?

So "ipso facto"...

Asshole..

Monday....brain still fried from Saturday night.

Bottom line...she compared the position as President as a "voluntary" position to that of the military as vcoluntary.

By no means was she comparing the "cojones" required to send a man to battle to the "cojones" to actually be on the front line.

Only a desparate fool would read her post that way.

And "inthemiddle" is a desparate fool in my eyes. The guy claims to be "in the middle" yet he seems to do nothing more than knock the right and salivate over the left.

Ipso Facto?

So "ipso facto"...

Asshole..

Monday....brain still fried from Saturday night.

Bottom line...she compared the position as President as a "voluntary" position to that of the military as vcoluntary.

By no means was she comparing the "cojones" required to send a man to battle to the "cojones" to actually be on the front line.

Only a desparate fool would read her post that way.

And "inthemiddle" is a desparate fool in my eyes. The guy claims to be "in the middle" yet he seems to do nothing more than knock the right and salivate over the left.

You're not getting it.

Her justification for not accrediting him as having cojones was this:

"But that is the job he wanted. No one forced it upon him. He volunteered"

^ that sentence was her justification for her basically saying "gimme a break" when people said it took Balls to authorize the mission.

What her, and apparently you, fail to realize......is that:

If the decision making position he's in, being "voluntary", is what disqualifies him from getting credit for "balls/cojones" then Voluntary being your universal disqualifier for having balls, *AS SHE USED IT*, would apply to anything "voluntary" you do that's subsequently hard.

I dunno how you miss that - maybe a refresher on the origin of the conversation would help you tbh. She made a knee-jerk comment, and inthemiddle correctly called her on it, and his ipso-facto was indeed correct in the context of the conversation.

Last edited:
I hope Newt sticks in the Primary race for a looong time :D ;)

A new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll shows Obama beating Romney in a head-to-head matchup by a handy six points and obliterating the former Massachusetts governor's main rival, Newt Gingrich.
The poll also suggested growing numbers of Americans approving of his economic management, and his job approval rating ticked up to 48 percent.

419229_2798539000458_1167999088_32426210_1830775107_n.jpg

(1) if your home value is still declining you bought in a really stupid place. Your poor decision is not the president's fault.

(2) If you're 401(k) is tanking you need a better financial adviser. The DJIA has nearly doubled since it bottomed out in March of 2009.

(1) Not his fault..really. But it isn't Obama's fault either. That was all Bush.

I don't know. If you bought a house in Nevada, Florida or a few other select areas when values were increasing 20 and 30% per year you got suckered. The writing was on the wall by about 2004.

Not according to Barney Frank and Maxine Waters...... :thup:

I love Repub Primaries :)

a Republican primary race that has torn holes in the electability argument of his most likely Republican foe Mitt Romney, have combined to put a new spring in Obama's step.

A new Wall Street Journal/NBC poll shows Obama beating Romney in a head-to-head matchup by a handy six points and obliterating the former Massachusetts governor's main rival, Newt Gingrich.
The poll also suggested growing numbers of Americans approving of his economic management, and his job approval rating ticked up to 48 percent.

What's interesting to me, Dot is that in "swing state" polling...where this race will actually be decided...Obama is trailing both Romney and Gingrich by rather large margins. While Obama tracking better in a State he already was going to win isn't bad news for the President...trailing in the State's he NEEDS to win to stay in the Oval Office most certainly is.

Last edited:

What's interesting to me, Dot is that in "swing state" polling...where this race will actually be decided...Obama is trailing both Romney and Gingrich by rather large margins. While Obama tracking better in a State he already was going to win isn't bad news for the President...trailing in the State's he NEEDS to win to stay in the Oval Office most certainly is.

Obama is crushing Gingrich in swing state polling, and Romney is leading Obama by the margin of error (1point).

Which swing states is Obama trailing Gingrich and Romney by "rather large margins?"

Our recovery is no better than those countries that DIDN'T try that Keynesian wet dream with it's Solydras and shovel ready jobs that never materialized

Which countries do you have in mind for this comparison?

Take your pick, 8537...most of the world is recovering from the recession as fast or faster than we are and they didn't spend a trillion dollars of stimulus to make that happen.

Our recovery is no better than those countries that DIDN'T try that Keynesian wet dream with it's Solydras and shovel ready jobs that never materialized

Which countries do you have in mind for this comparison?

Take your pick, 8537...most of the world is recovering from the recession as fast or faster than we are and they didn't spend a trillion dollars of stimulus to make that happen.

So, can you give us a couple countries you have in mind for comparison? Or not?

Oldstyle,

It does your country a disservice, lol, to be spreading so much false information.

Thnx.

Oldstyle,

It does your country a disservice, lol, to be spreading so much false information.

Thnx.

What "false" information have I spread, pray tell? That TARP had more of an effect on the recovery than the Obama Stimulus? You don't have to be an economic genius to figure that out, GT...just use a little common sense. The green jobs initiatives in the stimulus have pretty much been a complete bust...the cost for each job created is so astronomical as to be laughable. Even the President himself finally admitted that the "shovel ready" jobs never existed. When you have to invent a new category "jobs saved" to make your numbers look acceptable...RIGHT THERE, anyone with any intelligence knows that things didn't go well.

But you accuse me of doing my country a disservice? Simply for pointing out the truth? What can I tell you...I think another four years of Obama's "leadership" is going to hurt America deeply. The guy doesn't have a plan to fix things. He has a plan to get reelected.

Oldstyle,

Thnx.

What "false" information have I spread, pray tell? That TARP had more of an effect on the recovery than the Obama Stimulus? You don't have to be an economic genius to figure that out, GT...just use a little common sense. The green jobs initiatives in the stimulus have pretty much been a complete bust...the cost for each job created is so astronomical as to be laughable. Even the President himself finally admitted that the "shovel ready" jobs never existed. When you have to invent a new category "jobs saved" to make your numbers look acceptable...RIGHT THERE, anyone with any intelligence knows that things didn't go well.

But you accuse me of doing my country a disservice? Simply for pointing out the truth? What can I tell you...I think another four years of Obama's "leadership" is going to hurt America deeply. The guy doesn't have a plan to fix things. He has a plan to get reelected.

Well, a few posts ago you said that Newt and Romney crush Obam,a in the swing states, when polls just released today show that:

Romney leads Obama by 1 --> i.e. within the margin of error.
Obama BEATS Gingrich by over ten.

The Presidents approval will only continue rising as long as Newt is fighting w/ Mitt too. Every Sunday talk show said the ongoing mudslinging by conservatives in the Primary is seriously degrading Republicorp's "brand", not that it wasn't seriously tarnished after 2000- present :lol:

yeah so tarnished they WON a historic midterm election in 2010 against the messiah and his comrades in Arms being in office only TWO YEARS.

you should think for yourself occasionally.

Forum List

Back