President receives accolades

Noone forced the tough job on him - yet he took it. Yea, credit where it's due. It takes cojones when you're not an evil person - to send young men and women into harm's way no matter which way you spin it. Any President tasked with that deserves credit for having the fortitude - or else they're just evil people, bottom line. And it is an either or when you can imagine being in those shoes yourself - because being a caring human being means that it takes a lot to make that choice. If anyone imagines that it doesn't, they need to look in the mirror.

You know what's amazing in the worst possible way? The fact that she just said that since the military volunteer for their job, it's what they wanted, they don't have "cajones" for doing it.
you know whats really amazing?

That you read her post, parsed words; added some words form a previous sentence...and created a spin....just so you can demean her.

That makes you pathetic.

Get off her nuts, man. She said what she said, and she implied that it doesn't take any nuts to send people into harm's way. That's incredibally either naive or --> a projection of a cold heart.

You know jack shit about me, GT. I agree, it's a tough decision, and he did the right thing. Good. But that is the job he wanted. No one forced it upon him. He volunteered. Just like our Military volunteer. I respect them far more than any politician.

Noone forced the tough job on him - yet he took it. Yea, credit where it's due. It takes cojones when you're not an evil person - to send young men and women into harm's way no matter which way you spin it. Any President tasked with that deserves credit for having the fortitude - or else they're just evil people, bottom line. And it is an either or when you can imagine being in those shoes yourself - because being a caring human being means that it takes a lot to make that choice. If anyone imagines that it doesn't, they need to look in the mirror.

Having the cojones to send soldiers to the front is not as unique as you make it sound. It is a quality found in hundreds of field commanders....all the way up to generals in the Pentagon.

And seeing as the President cant do it without the approval of congress, I have to say that all congressional members that approve a military action ALSO have the cojones.

He isn't getting approval from congress to do these raids..he's working off the AUMF and other legal backdoors. Had authorization been required, Captain Richard Phillips would still be a prisoner, Osama Bin Laden would still be alive, Gaddafi would still lead Libya, and Jessica Buchanan, Poul Hagen Thisted, would still be hostages.

Lets see what the next quarter brings.

Oh! Maybe!. Hope against hope. Maybe the economy will slip a bit and a few hundred thousand jobs will go away. Yes! If only that would happen and Obama's poll numbers would fall back! Go shitty ecoonomic news! Go!

Let's hope not.... not sure why you would wish for things to get even worse than they already are. Good grief.

you know whats really amazing?

That you read her post, parsed words; added some words form a previous sentence...and created a spin....just so you can demean her.

That makes you pathetic.

I didn't "parse" her words. She said very explicitly, that what Obama has done doesn't take "cajones" because he volunteered for the job, and what he's done is just part of the job. She then, very explicitly, pointed out that our military is a volunteer force. Ipso facto, being in the military does not take "cajones" either, according to her. There's no spin to it. Pure, straight, syllogistic reasoning. All S is P, all P is R, therefore all S is R. The fact that you're unable to regard the simplest concepts of basic logic as anything more than "spin" is what's truly pathetic here.

If I wanted to demean her, I would have called her a stupid twat. But I didn't, because that would have failed to address the subject matter at hand, and because I expect most people here to already know it anyway so why waste my breath?

More job growth I'm guessing...22 straight months of it so far.

Yet still has lost more jobs than any other President...

You don't get to claim that you gained 75 yards rushing as your total when you lost 93 yards on your first carry and simply neglect to put that in your box score

Yeah, never mind that there are more unemployed than there were on 1/20/2009.. higher inflation, the debt is up 30%, gas is 85% higher, the U.S. dollar is virtually worthless, etc.

When your President? Damn straight it does. Failure in such a mission will hang the deaths of several Americans around your neck. Just ask Carter.

He stopped having the honor of being 'my' President on the day he called people like me 'the enemy'. He's a hypocrite and a partisan hack... and certainly not 'my President'.

he's your President. Get over it and show some respect for the office.

First she says that being in the military doesn't take any courage. Now, she is denouncing her American citizenship and nationality. All because she hates Obama. Does she not have health insurance? Why doesn't she see a doctor for these severe psychological disturbances? Maybe Obamacare will help give her the coverage she needs.

You don't get to claim that you gained 75 yards rushing as your total when you lost 93 yards on your first carry and simply neglect to put that in your box score

There are basically one million fewer jobs than when Obama took office - and he took office in an environment where we were losing 800,000 per month and had just lost over 4.5M in a year. Combined with 22 straight months of private-sector jobs growth, I think we can call that a significant gain.

He stopped having the honor of being 'my' President on the day he called people like me 'the enemy'. He's a hypocrite and a partisan hack... and certainly not 'my President'.

he's your President. Get over it and show some respect for the office.

First she says that being in the military doesn't take any courage. Now, she is denouncing her American citizenship and nationality. All because she hates Obama. Does she not have health insurance? Why doesn't she see a doctor for these severe psychological disturbances? Maybe Obamacare will help give her the coverage she needs.

She lives in England. :lol:

There are basically one million fewer jobs than when Obama took office - and he took office in an environment where we were losing 800,000 per month and had just lost over 4.5M in a year. Combined with 22 straight months of private-sector jobs growth, I think we can call that a significant gain.

History for conservatives starts in 2009.

:lol:

Obama rides favorable political winds - Yahoo! News
Rising poll numbers, favorable economic data and a Republican primary race that has torn holes in the electability argument of his most likely Republican foe Mitt Romney, have combined to put a new spring in Obama's step.
And a daring raid by Navy SEALS to rescue an American aid worker and a Danish colleague from Somali pirates last week further enhanced the commander-in-chief resume on which he will run hard in November.

2.gif

I'm sure there are plenty of idiots who for whatever reason, feel Obama is doing a bang up job.

A net loss is now a gain?

Depends on how quickly you expect him to be responsible for the albatross. Immediately in January 2009 is asinine.

Obama also saved the Earth from total destruction by Gama rays from the planet Wakatoo.

I do not think you call anything a significant gain... he has stifled growth... this economy should have been recovering at a much higher pace...

I never called Bush some great fiscal President.. history clearly shows he was not... but Obamalama is not better if not worse in terms of fiscal performance, job creation, etc...

And as I have said SO many times.. the criteria many lefties love to give to Obamalama of blaming everything on Bush, are not given to other Presidents... namely the crash that was already starting under Clinton, the huge amount of damage Carter inflicted etc....

No, and you'll notice no one claimed that.

A movement from losing 800,000 jobs per month to twenty-two straight months of private sector jobs growth is a significant improvement. But of course, it's good news - and good news for America is bad news for Republicans.

I do not think you call anything a significant gain... he has stifled growth... this economy should have been recovering at a much higher pace...

What empirical data or theory leads you to this conclusion? "should have been..." compared to what?

I never called Bush some great fiscal President.. history clearly shows he was not... but Obamalama is not better if not worse in terms of fiscal performance, job creation, etc...

We don't disagree!

A movement from losing 800,000 jobs per month to twenty-two straight months of private sector jobs growth is a significant improvement. But of course, it's good news - and good news for America is bad news for Republicans.

:confused:

:confused:

Ha!:eek: I think we can agree that it's a significant improvement - and that since the bottom, we've experienced a significant gain. I obviously wasn't clear in that statement...but hey, it's monday morning.

Oh! Maybe!. Hope against hope. Maybe the economy will slip a bit and a few hundred thousand jobs will go away. Yes! If only that would happen and Obama's poll numbers would fall back! Go shitty ecoonomic news! Go!

HEY.. It worked well for people like you when you were cheerleaders for the terrorists!
YOU CHEERLEADERS helped prolong Iraq and directly killed 3,000 more US troops and cost $600 billion more then if YOU CHEERLEADERS had just shut up!
BUT no you and your ilk stood on OUR sidelines and CHEERED the terrorists!

Statements like these were repeated by traitors frequently so much so that the
terrorists LOVED to read these "patriotic" comments and said with enemies like these we don't need to do anything!!!

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid(D)
"The war is lost, the surge is not accomplishing anything "

Music to the ears of terrorists who planted bombs in schools,killing kids while killing our troops! Very encouraging!
At the VERY time our troops are getting killed Reid encourages the ENEMY!!!

U.S. Rep. John Murtha(D) "Our troops killed innocent civilians in cold blood,”
Can't you hear Osama repeating it? Osama urging on more suicides, bombings killings because an American Congressman called them KILLERS!!!
Unbelievable that Murtha was NEVER charged with treason as
a) THE STATEMENT military proceeds were found FALSE!!
b) Murtha died before slander and libel suits were brought for his vicious calling our troops KILLERS!!!

"American soldiers going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children."
Senator Kerry (D) calling our troops "TERRORISTS"!

Forum List

Back