President receives accolades

I was watching the Mclaughlin group on Sunday and was pretty surprised. Mclaughlin asked his panel on a scale of 1 to 5, what they thought the Somalia rescue would add to Obama's ratings. The responses weren't to surprising. Rich Lowry of course said it was "weak" and gave him a "1". Others were predictable as well. But John Mclaughlin surprised me the most. He gave it a "5" and said it showed that Obama had a great deal of fortitude.

Agreeing to attempt one of those raids (Bin Laden) showed some cajones.

Agreeing to a second one - and in order to get a hostage most Americans had never heard a thing about - showed some much more formidable cajones.

:lol:

That's hysterical. It takes 'cajones' to send other people into harm's way while you sit in your Situation Room and watch? :lol:

It showed that he is capable of doing a part of the job that we pay him to do. Good. Will I criticize him for it? No. Will I high five him for it? No. That's what we pay him for.

I was watching the Mclaughlin group on Sunday and was pretty surprised. Mclaughlin asked his panel on a scale of 1 to 5, what they thought the Somalia rescue would add to Obama's ratings. The responses weren't to surprising. Rich Lowry of course said it was "weak" and gave him a "1". Others were predictable as well. But John Mclaughlin surprised me the most. He gave it a "5" and said it showed that Obama had a great deal of fortitude.

Agreeing to a second one - and in order to get a hostage most Americans had never heard a thing about - showed some much more formidable cajones.

That's hysterical. It takes 'cajones' to send other people into harm's way while you sit in your Situation Room and watch? :lol:

When your President? Damn straight it does. Failure in such a mission will hang the deaths of several Americans around your neck. Just ask Carter.

It showed that he is capable of doing a part of the job that we pay him to do. Good. Will I criticize him for it? No. Will I high five him for it? No. That's what we pay him for.

Yea, it does.

I know it's beyond you to know why it takes cojones, but imagine having a heart for one moment - - are you there yet? Then, imagine caring - that you have to make the decision to send these people into harm's way. It's a tough decision for anyone with a less than blackened Pulmonary system.

When your President? Damn straight it does. Failure in such a mission will hang the deaths of several Americans around your neck. Just ask Carter.

He stopped having the honor of being 'my' President on the day he called people like me 'the enemy'. He's a hypocrite and a partisan hack... and certainly not 'my President'.

But no, I don't think he deserves any accolades for doing the job we pay him for. For the record, had the mission failed, I wouldn't be hanging him for it either. But I am not a partisan hack.

Yea, it does.

I know it's beyond you to know why it takes cojones, but imagine having a heart for one moment - - are you there yet? Then, imagine caring - that you have to make the decision to send these people into harm's way. It's a tough decision for anyone with a less than blackened Pulmonary system.

You know jack shit about me, GT. I agree, it's a tough decision, and he did the right thing. Good. But that is the job he wanted. No one forced it upon him. He volunteered. Just like our Military volunteer. I respect them far more than any politician.

And that's not what he said.

In any case..the voters will decide, won't they.

Which is what he said.

Ignore the title on the posted video, and watch the clip. He said, and this is a direct quote...

"If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition."

And that means what to you?

The voters will decide..won't they?

That's how it works.

did I imply otherwise? perhaps you misread one of my posts.

Yea, it does.

You know jack shit about me, GT. I agree, it's a tough decision, and he did the right thing. Good. But that is the job he wanted. No one forced it upon him. He volunteered. Just like our Military volunteer. I respect them far more than any politician.

Noone forced the tough job on him - yet he took it. Yea, credit where it's due. It takes cojones when you're not an evil person - to send young men and women into harm's way no matter which way you spin it. Any President tasked with that deserves credit for having the fortitude - or else they're just evil people, bottom line. And it is an either or when you can imagine being in those shoes yourself - because being a caring human being means that it takes a lot to make that choice. If anyone imagines that it doesn't, they need to look in the mirror.

obama-in-debt-we-rust-3-1024x818.jpg

Yea, it does.

Noone forced the tough job on him - yet he took it. Yea, credit where it's due. It takes cojones when you're not an evil person - to send young men and women into harm's way no matter which way you spin it. Any President tasked with that deserves credit for having the fortitude - or else they're just evil people, bottom line. And it is an either or when you can imagine being in those shoes yourself - because being a caring human being means that it takes a lot to make that choice. If anyone imagines that it doesn't, they need to look in the mirror.

Having the cojones to send soldiers to the front is not as unique as you make it sound. It is a quality found in hundreds of field commanders....all the way up to generals in the Pentagon.

And seeing as the President cant do it without the approval of congress, I have to say that all congressional members that approve a military action ALSO have the cojones.

Having the cojones to send soldiers to the front is not as unique as you make it sound. It is a quality found in hundreds of field commanders....all the way up to generals in the Pentagon.

And seeing as the President cant do it without the approval of congress, I have to say that all congressional members that approve a military action ALSO have the cojones.

I didn't make it sound Unique - I made it sound normal.

What the contention that I'm arguing against - was this one: "That's hysterical. It takes 'cajones' to send other people into harm's way while you sit in your Situation Room and watch? "

^ because that's incredibly ridiculous.

Ignore the title on the posted video, and watch the clip. He said, and this is a direct quote...

"If I don't have this done in three years, then there's going to be a one-term proposition."

And that means what to you?

The voters will decide..won't they?

That's how it works.

did I imply otherwise? perhaps you misread one of my posts.

The title of the video seems to imply that Obama would step down if he couldn't get it done in three years.

If that's not what you implied..then my apologies.

Yea, it does.

You know what's amazing in the worst possible way? The fact that she just said that since the military volunteer for their job, it's what they wanted, they don't have "cajones" for doing it.

Given the tepid approval (and in some cases, disapproval) the right has shown over these actions, yeah..it's huge cajones. They would completely destroy Obama over a failed raid.

You know what's amazing in the worst possible way? The fact that she just said that since the military volunteer for their job, it's what they wanted, they don't have "cajones" for doing it.
you know whats really amazing?

That you read her post, parsed words; added some words form a previous sentence...and created a spin....just so you can demean her.

That makes you pathetic.

He stopped having the honor of being 'my' President on the day he called people like me 'the enemy'. He's a hypocrite and a partisan hack... and certainly not 'my President'.

he's your President. Get over it and show some respect for the office.

Forum List

Back