President Obama was right. Credit where credit is due

Jarhead

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2010
Duke University caved. Was ARE a nation of Islamophobes. Sure, my conservative friends will blast me for this, but the truth is the truth. What the heck was wrong with Duke playing the call to prayer to meet the religious beliefs of their Muslim student population? What is meant when I hear "to do it so close to the Paris attacks"? What do the Paris attacks have to do with Muslim students who like the idea of being able to hear the call to prayer once a week as is standard in their religion?
How would the Christian students feel if they were told that bell ringing at mass would not be allowed once a week on Sunday?
Sorry folks. I see no issue with the University catering to their Muslim students wishes as it pertains to their religion. It should have absolutely no affect on the other students...unless the call to prayer gives them reason to think they are going to be attacked...which would make them Islamophobes.
Of course, I stand corrected if, in fact, Duke University STOPPED any bell ringing for mass...but my guess is they do every Sunday.

IMHO if the school rings the bell for a Christian Sermon or Mass, they should also allow for the Muslim call to prayer.

Duke is a Private school so basically they can do what the hell they want to.

IMHO if the school rings the bell for a Christian Sermon or Mass, they should also allow for the Muslim call to prayer.

I agree with you. If they ring bells, they should allow for the call to prayer.
But public outcry gave them reason to not do it for fear of damaging their reputation.
That is why I am saying Obama is correct. People do not see it as Islamic Terrorists....they see it as Islam is evil.
Its a problem.

Is the KKK evil?
Is Nazism evil?
Is Stalinism evil?

I answer yes to all three.

If an ideologue professes evil and commits evil acts, then IT is evil. But then...what is evil?

Last edited:
There is no other religion in this world, at this time, that I can think of, that produces terrorism on the scale that Islam does. I see why people are scared of Islam.

I agree with you. If they ring bells, they should allow for the call to prayer.
But public outcry gave them reason to not do it for fear of damaging their reputation.
That is why I am saying Obama is correct. People do not see it as Islamic Terrorists....they see it as Islam is evil.
Its a problem.

I don't really agree with that. People are tired of different rules where Christianity and Judaism are scorned while other religions get to do what they can't, particularly Islam.

There is no other religion in this world, at this time, that I can think of, that produces terrorism on the scale that Islam does. I see why people are scared of Islam.

I agree, but I don't think that has anything to do with what happened at Duke. I don't think anyone was scared of them. I live 10 minutes from Duke. My daughter graduated from there a couple years ago. They are also one of my business's biggest customer, I'm there all the time. They are massively PC, but I don't see any sign of fear in this.

Duke University caved. Was ARE a nation of Islamophobes. Sure, my conservative friends will blast me for this, but the truth is the truth. What the heck was wrong with Duke playing the call to prayer to meet the religious beliefs of their Muslim student population? What is meant when I hear "to do it so close to the Paris attacks"? What do the Paris attacks have to do with Muslim students who like the idea of being able to hear the call to prayer once a week as is standard in their religion?
How would the Christian students feel if they were told that bell ringing at mass would not be allowed once a week on Sunday?
Sorry folks. I see no issue with the University catering to their Muslim students wishes as it pertains to their religion. It should have absolutely no affect on the other students...unless the call to prayer gives them reason to think they are going to be attacked...which would make them Islamophobes.
Of course, I stand corrected if, in fact, Duke University STOPPED any bell ringing for mass...but my guess is they do every Sunday.

The calls to prayer are typically 5 times a day, compared to bell ringing on Sunday, and the occasional 5 PM bell ringing weekdays.

It is also far longer, and more a broadcast of faith then the pealing of a bell.

Would Christians be allowed to scream JESUS IS TEH AWESOME for 5 minutes?

Sunni[3][4][5][6][edit]
Recital Arabic Transliteration Translation
4x الله أكبر Allāhu akbar Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest.
2x أشهد أن لا اله إلا الله Ash-hadu an-lā ilāha illā allāh I bear witness that there is noGod but Allah.
2x أشهد أن محمدا رسول الله Ash-hadu anna Mohamadan-Rasul ullāh I bear witness that Muhammad isthe Messenger of Allah.
2x حي على الصلاة Hayya ʿala ṣ-ṣsalāt Hasten to worship (salat).
2x حي على الفلاح Hayya ʿala 'l-falāḥ Hasten to success.
2x 1 الصلاة خيرٌ من النوم As-salatu Khayrun Minan-nawm Prayer is better than sleep. 2
2x الله أكبر Allāhu akbar Allah is greatest.
1x لا إله إلا الله Lā ilāha illā-Allāh There is no God but Allah. 3

Fuck Islam. Why is everyone afraid to stand up to a bastardized religion?

Believing in fairy tales is one thing, killing for them is entirely another.

The calls to prayer are typically 5 times a day, compared to bell ringing on Sunday, and the occasional 5 PM bell ringing weekdays.

It is also far longer, and more a broadcast of faith then the pealing of a bell.

Would Christians be allowed to scream JESUS IS TEH AWESOME for 5 minutes?

Sunni[3][4][5][6][edit]
Recital Arabic Transliteration Translation
4x الله أكبر Allāhu akbar Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest.
2x أشهد أن لا اله إلا الله Ash-hadu an-lā ilāha illā allāh I bear witness that there is noGod but Allah.
2x أشهد أن محمدا رسول الله Ash-hadu anna Mohamadan-Rasul ullāh I bear witness that Muhammad isthe Messenger of Allah.
2x حي على الصلاة Hayya ʿala ṣ-ṣsalāt Hasten to worship (salat).
2x حي على الفلاح Hayya ʿala 'l-falāḥ Hasten to success.
2x 1 الصلاة خيرٌ من النوم As-salatu Khayrun Minan-nawm Prayer is better than sleep. 2
2x الله أكبر Allāhu akbar Allah is greatest.
1x لا إله إلا الله Lā ilāha illā-Allāh There is no God but Allah. 3
It is not a tenet of Christianity for Christians to scream Jesus is the Awesome for 5 minutes.

The call to prayer is one of the tenets of the religion.

Fuck Islam. Why is everyone afraid to stand up to a bastardized religion?

Believing in fairy tales is one thing, killing for them is entirely another.
We are standing up against those that bastardize the religion...albeit, Obama is not standing up enough.

But the religion itself is not bastrdized

The Duke bells ring every day.

Forum List

Back