President greets British PM in Rose Garden

So much for that 'special relationship'.... that is the attitude that makes the Brits realize that this 'special' ain't so 'special'.... Don't believe me? Ask Colin. The Brits are not stupid people.... and they don't respect the US for it's dismissive attitude towards them. The British are not gonna be fooled by your messiah.

"your"? The President is the President of the entire country.

Twit.

Btw- why do you have an even MORE demeaning pic of a female as your AV now?

He lost the privilege of being 'our' President when he called conservatives his 'enemy'. If I'm his enemy, then he is not my President. So, no.... he's yours. Nothing to do with me.

And.... stop talking down about Britain... without that country's military, ours would have a much, much harder road to walk... show them some fucking respect, you arrogant little man.

So much for that 'special relationship'.... that is the attitude that makes the Brits realize that this 'special' ain't so 'special'.... Don't believe me? Ask Colin. The Brits are not stupid people.... and they don't respect the US for it's dismissive attitude towards them. The British are not gonna be fooled by your messiah.

Twit.

He lost the privilege of being 'our' President when he called conservatives his 'enemy'. If I'm his enemy, then he is not my President. So, no.... he's yours. Nothing to do with me.

And.... stop talking down about Britain... without that country's military, ours would have a much, much harder road to walk... show them some fucking respect, you arrogant little man.
DITTOED
icon14.gif

Twit.

I'm a vet CaliBrat so I know a tad more than you do about operational constraints. I participated w/ Australian forces in the Indian Ocean some years ago.

BTW-You failed to answer my question, whats w/ the demeaning AV? Do you believe that women are objects?

Twit.

I'm a vet CaliBrat so I know a tad more than you do about operational constraints. I participated w/ Australian forces in the Indian Ocean some years ago.

BTW-You failed to answer my question, whats w/ the demeaning AV? Do you believe that women are objects?
Being a VET just because doesn't make you SMART however...your posts elude your premise.

I guess his speechwriters didn't bother to check current British slang.... 'chuffed to bits'? Seriously? No one here says that any more! :lol: What a fucking embarrassment. :lol: Let's pretend it's the 1970s!

He should fire his comms team.

I call BS...they say chuffed all the time...

The over 50s might.... but it's not exactly a common phrase these days. I've lived there long enough to remember if I heard it regularly.... I don't.

depends where you live...

My cousins in Bournemouth still use it regularly..the guy I work next to from Leeds uses it, as does the father of one of hte kids in my son's soccer team. he's from Liverpool

None of them are in their 50s - late 30s early 40s...

You do realize that GB is one of our oldest and staunchest allies don't you? What's to repair?

How's Obama's boots taste?

:lol:

Lots to repair....why do you think Blair's popularity and then Brown's disintegrated? Started, oh, around about March 20, 2003...

I suspect many Brits would argue that this 'special relationship' has been incredibly one sided for decades.... but I'm sure you know much more about it than I do.... since you live in Australia... and I only live in the UK... and have done so - on and off - for a few years.

Yeah I know. Forget that fact my mother is English, I lived there during the Thatcher years, have a tonne of relatives who I am in regular contact with still over there, or that I read the same newspapers you do (albeit online) from the Uk...I would guess our knowledge is similar....

Out of interest, which way do you see the relationship being one-sided? Towards the UK or US?

I call BS...they say chuffed all the time...

The over 50s might.... but it's not exactly a common phrase these days. I've lived there long enough to remember if I heard it regularly.... I don't.

My cousins in Bournemouth still use it regularly..the guy I work next to from Leeds uses it, as does the father of one of hte kids in my son's soccer team. he's from Liverpool

And yet, I live here every day.... and can count on one hand the number of times I've heard it. Go figure.

On the bright side.... Chelsea won tonight! YAY! Come on you blues! :lol:

Lots to repair....why do you think Blair's popularity and then Brown's disintegrated? Started, oh, around about March 20, 2003...

I suspect many Brits would argue that this 'special relationship' has been incredibly one sided for decades.... but I'm sure you know much more about it than I do.... since you live in Australia... and I only live in the UK... and have done so - on and off - for a few years.

Yeah I know. Forget that fact my mother is English, I lived there during the Thatcher years, have a tonne of relatives who I am in regular contact with still over there, or that I read the same newspapers you do (albeit online) from the Uk...I would guess our knowledge is similar....

Out of interest, which way do you see the relationship being one-sided? Towards the UK or US?

I see it as very much one sided... as do most Brits that I know. I am constantly reminded that this 'special relationship' seems only 'special' when the US wants the UK to back it up.... but when the UK asks.... meh, not so 'special' then.

Having looked at it for a few years.... I tend to side with the Brits on this one. The US treats the UK with contempt... until we want something from them. That sucks. And I wish my country would treat its allies better.

And yet, I live here every day.... and can count on one hand the number of times I've heard it. Go figure.

It might be idiosyncratic to various areas.
I'll ignore the fact it gives you yet another chance to belt Obama..

Yeah, well, Abramovich is a fuckwit of the first order, and Terry needs to wash out his mouth with caustic soap, but I'm glad an English team is still in the comp. Barca or Real will win it, though...

I see it as very much one sided... as do most Brits that I know. I am constantly reminded that this 'special relationship' seems only 'special' when the US wants the UK to back it up.... but when the UK asks.... meh, not so 'special' then.

Having looked at it for a few years.... I tend to side with the Brits on this one. The US treats the UK with contempt... until we want something from them. That sucks. And I wish my country would treat its allies better.

Hmm...I think for a long time the Brits patronised the Yanks and they are now returning the favour. I also think it's the "biggest kid on the block" syndrome with the US.

Aussies give the Brits gyp, and the Kiwis give the Aussies gyp. You find out that the Aussies really don't give Kiwis a second thought, ditto the Brits to the Aussies (unless they're playing for the Ashes). It must be a similar relationship between the Yanks and Canucks...

Yeah, well, Abramovich is a fuckwit of the first order, and Terry needs to wash out his mouth with caustic soap, but I'm glad an English team is still in the comp. Barca or Real will win it, though...

Terry is a honey... in RL... as is the overly gorgeous Frankie Lampard. :eusa_drool: But I suspect that is not overly important to you. CFC rock! The Rich Russian serves his purpose... I just wish he'd bring back The Special One.... Jose - I Am God - Mourinho!

I thought Obama played a good game with the Cameron visit... apart from that pathetic 'chuffed to bits' thing. I can tell it's an election year when the President drags the Prime Minster over for a whistle stop tour of the battleground states. No, nothing desperate about that. :lol:

Interestingly.... it's been criticized more than once in the British media... the BBC no less! One commentator ventured to voice the question of appropriateness of seeing the President and the Prime Minister of two countries currently at war being at a basketball game while our troops are dying overseas. Priorities, I guess... but discussing exit strategies seems to be less important than playing politics and vote whoring. Color me shocked.

Last edited:

Twit.

puleeze... while i know that you like playing the rightwingnut party line, you know better.

know what's really disgusting... being told that you're not part of the pro-america parts of the country by the running mate of someone who wants to be president and then expecting us to vote for such a person.

Terry is a honey... in RL... as is the overly gorgeous Frankie Lampard. :eusa_drool: But I suspect that is not overly important to you. CFC rock! The Rich Russian serves his purpose... I just wish he'd bring back The Special One.... Jose - I Am God - Mourinho!

I thought Obama played a good game with the Cameron visit... apart from that pathetic 'chuffed to bits' thing. I can tell it's an election year when the President drags the Prime Minster over for a whistle stop tour of the battleground states. No, nothing desperate about that. :lol:

Interestingly.... it's been criticized more than once in the British media... the BBC no less! One commentator ventured to voice the question of appropriateness of seeing the President and the Prime Minister of two countries currently at war being at a basketball game while our troops are dying overseas. Priorities, I guess... but discussing exit strategies seems to be less important than playing politics and vote whoring. Color me shocked.

No, that is not important to me....the WAGs are! Naw, not really. Yes, Morinho might come back, but Ambramovich needs to go. Needs to take his shonkily gotten ill gains and piss off back to Moscow..

Yeah, well, your mate Bush didn't miss too many vacations between 2003-2008....

No, that is not important to me....the WAGs are! Naw, not really. Yes, Morinho might come back, but Ambramovich needs to go. Needs to take his shonkily gotten ill gains and piss off back to Moscow..

Yeah, well, your mate Bush didn't miss too many vacations between 2003-2008....

I like the Russian's check book. He can stay. :lol:

And... Bush was never my 'mate'. I had no more respect for him than I have for Obama.

Another interesting fact.... George W has been to England several times since retiring... he was invited as a private guest of the Queen. They are, apparently, quite good 'mates'. Go figure.... but my brother, who has met Bush, said he'd definitely have a beer with the guy... but he wouldn't vote for him as dog catcher.

Barack Obama and David Cameron: The U.S. and Britain still enjoy special relationship - The Washington Post
Over the next few days, we will consult about preparations for the NATO summit in Chicago, where our alliance will determine the next phase of the transition that we agreed to in Lisbon.

reading never was your strong suit. I posted the above on the preceding page mo chara LOL

Barack Obama and David Cameron: The U.S. and Britain still enjoy special relationship - The Washington Post
Over the next few days, we will consult about preparations for the NATO summit in Chicago, where our alliance will determine the next phase of the transition that we agreed to in Lisbon.

reading never was your strong suit. I posted the above on the preceding page mo chara LOL

We ain't friends, dot.

Thank you, Mr. President, for repairing America's prestige/image :)

British Prime Minister Makes Official Visit to White House | C-SPAN
WASHINGTON, DC
Wednesday, March 14, 2012

British Prime Minister David Cameron is in the United States for an official visit this week. In addition to meetings with the president, the prime minister and his wife will attend a dinner at the White House on Wednesday evening

Well big 0 fucked it with his apology tour and his shitting on our allies for 3 years.

so I guess one visit will fix everything.

partisan hack fail thread on ice

Thank you, Mr. President, for repairing America's prestige/image :)

British Prime Minister Makes Official Visit to White House | C-SPAN
WASHINGTON, DC
Wednesday, March 14, 2012

British Prime Minister David Cameron is in the United States for an official visit this week. In addition to meetings with the president, the prime minister and his wife will attend a dinner at the White House on Wednesday evening

Well big 0 fucked it with his apology tour and his shitting on our allies for 3 years.

so I guess one visit will fix everything.

partisan hack fail thread on ice

It'll play well with his base.... who will be enormously impressed with the menu for the dinner. As we can see from this thread. :lol:

Forum List

Back