Predictions on Obama Presidency

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
We have the historic opportunity in the waning hours before the Obama inauguration to get guess how he will govern and what effects it will have.

These are sure things...

* higher graduation rates and scores on SAT's among minorities

* lower out-of-wedlock births

* suits and ties instead of baggy pants hanging and revealing undies among youth

* fist taps replacing handshakes in the business community

* BOTH of Chris Matthew's legs getting "thrills"

* In an economy measure chairs are removed from Washington Posts newsrooms as reporters stand and cheer Obama
Michael Calderone's Blog: Obama at the Washington Post - Politico.com

* In an unprecedented step, President Obama moves into Blair House stating he can no longer live under the same roof as his mother-in-law.

* In an unprecendented act, President Obama moves capital to Baltimore stating he can not live in the same city as Hillary. Bill joins him.

* Access to "medical" marijuana included in national healthcare bill

* Iran is missing

* IRS 1040 form simplified to 2 lines: 1) how much did you make above $50K?
2) Send it in.

* Republicans will treat Obama far better than Democrats treated Bush, and his greatest opposition will come from members of his own party.

Last edited:
Piggybacking on your answer:

We have the historic opportunity in the waning hours before the Obama inauguration to get guess how he will govern and what effects it will have.

These are sure things...

* higher graduation rates and scores on SAT's among minorities Only if the parents use him as an example of discipline, I sure hope so!

* lower out-of-wedlock births With an increase in abortions.

* suits and ties instead of baggy pants hanging and revealing undies among youth That would be a very good thing! I'd settle for dockers and sweater or polo! ;)

* fist taps replacing handshakes in the business community We'll see! :lol:

* BOTH of Chris Matthew's legs getting "thrills" They may have to take him off the air for decency's sake!

* In an economy measure chairs are removed from Washington Posts newsrooms as reporters stand and cheer Obama
Michael Calderone's Blog: Obama at the Washington Post - Politico.com Well I've not heard of Post being close to 'bust' yet, but NYTimes only has til Spring in all likelihood.

* In an unprecedented step, President Obama moves into Blair House stating he can no longer live under the same roof as his mother-in-law.

* In an unprecendented act, President Obama moves capital to Baltimore stating he can not live in the same city as Hillary. Bill joins him.

* Access to "medical" marijuana included in national healthcare bill Not with Eric Holder on board!

* Iran is missing

* IRS 1040 form simplified to 2 lines: 1) how much did you make above $50K?
2) Send it in. Once again, I'm safe! :eusa_whistle:

* Republicans will treat Obama far better than Democrats treated Bush, and his greatest opposition will come from members of his own party.

That last is probably the most important to come to be if possible. I read some decent analysis the other day, that the reason the Congressional Republicans are 'quiet' for the most part; they recognize the enormity of the problems he's facing, he should have who he believes will most help him. If he fails, he can't say he didn't have the right people, if he succeeds, we all win.

Sounds right to me.

Piggybacking on your answer:

That last is probably the most important to come to be if possible. I read some decent analysis the other day, that the reason the Congressional Republicans are 'quiet' for the most part; they recognize the enormity of the problems he's facing, he should have who he believes will most help him. If he fails, he can't say he didn't have the right people, if he succeeds, we all win.

Sounds right to me.

Personally, I believe right now that Obama is so popular that any opposition will be smacked down and it will only further embarass Republicans who got their asses handed to them in this last election. Many of them are lucky to still be holding onto their seats and are staying quiet..for now.

However, the first second that Obama does something they really disagree with, business as usual by the GOP.

I remember seeing a poll where something along the lines of 75-80% of Americans agree with Obama's picks for the most part. The guy can't do much wrong at the moment.

Obama basically brought the Democratic Party back to life and gave it new life.

Last edited:
Personally, I believe right now that Obama is so popular that any opposition will be smacked down and it will only further embarass Republicans who got their asses handed to them in this last election. Many of them are lucky to still be holding onto their seats and are staying quiet..for now.

However, the first second that Obama does something they really disagree with, business as usual by the GOP.

Astounding how consistent you are in missing the point. I guess every little thing must be spelled out for you. The GOP seems to be giving the President full rein, and pretty strong support. Speaker Pelosi and several Democrats seem not to be satisfied by his direction. Soon you will have to bemoan that "Left-Wing Smear Machine."

Astounding how consistent you are in missing the point. I guess every little thing must be spelled out for you. The GOP seems to be giving the President full rein, and pretty strong support. Speaker Pelosi and several Democrats seem not to be satisfied by his direction. Soon you will have to bemoan that "Left-Wing Smear Machine."

I guess you didn't hear the Republican Chairman meeting where a bunch of them bashed Obama then huh?

The reason they support him right now is because he hasn't even taken office yet. What do you think the GOP is going to do the second anything goes across the table that may be left leaning?

Another reason they support Obama because Obama hasn't made what many thought would be radical after radical pick. He has chosen a couple Republicans and several other Centrists.

I remember seeing a poll where something along the lines of 75-80% of Americans agree with Obama's picks for the most part. The guy can't do much wrong at the moment.

You underestimate the American people, those numbers say he can't possibly do anything right now. The expectations of those that voted for him and even those that didn't are way out of whack to what anyone can do. The higher the numbers the greater the fall.

You underestimate the American people, those numbers say he can't possibly do anything right now. The expectations of those that voted for him and even those that didn't are way out of whack to what anyone can do. The higher the numbers the greater the fall.

I don't underestimate the American people. The expectations are high, and it's up to Obama to try and meet as much expectations as possible.

He's not perfect, but it's a nice relief from what we had for the last eight years.

They still dont understand why we hated Bush?

Guys look at what he did to our country.

We knew he would do it. It was his policies we knew would fail. He lied to us daily.

We were ruff on Bush because he deserved it.

The proof is the mess he left.

I don't underestimate the American people. The expectations are high, and it's up to Obama to try and meet as much expectations as possible.

He's not perfect, but it's a nice relief from what we had for the last eight years.

You, nor any of us 'know what we have right now.' You think you 'know' what you've had, but careful there, Obama has already alluded to Bush's choices. Which is why he and his are trying to lower the expectations-which no one could meet-but in this case are totally out of whack, more so than he thought until November. You need to wake up to the committees and info he had even from summer.

I feel sorry in some ways for him, but it was his campaign strategy and now he'll rise or fall from it.

Would that "relief" that you feel include a record setting 52 straight months of job creation, and more aid to Africa than all other previous Presidents?

He will govern like Clinton, only most likely without ever having a budget surplus.

Would that "relief" that you feel include a record setting 52 straight months of job creation, and more aid to Africa than all other previous Presidents?

I mean to know that means you're paying attention, without blinders. :eusa_shhh: Don't rain on their parade.

They still dont understand why we hated Bush?

Guys look at what he did to our country.

We knew he would do it. It was his policies we knew would fail. He lied to us daily.

We were ruff on Bush because he deserved it.

The proof is the mess he left.

I'm looking, but all I see is irrational hate from the left, and an electorate that was pushed to vote for President Obama by the financial meltdown. Recall that McCain, weak candidate that he was, was actually in the lead in September.
And the irony is that the mortgage crisis was inseminated by Democrat policy, such as the Community Investment Act, and the Clinton HUD policy of forcing banks to give undeserved loans.
No, the problems stemmed from a less than informed citizenry in conjunction with a left-leaning media that is the real "smear machine," one that refused to remain objective and do a complete vetting job..
Unfortune that you were so easily brain-washed.

That's great he gave more AID to Africa then all previous Presidents. Now homeless is on the rise here in America and throughout his Administration we had hundreds of thousands if not millions on the street each night. That doesn't include in shelters, on the brink, etc.

And I think the fallout from his Administration over the last few years have more then made up for the number of jobs he has created.

Georgia unemployment claims skyrocket 174% - Atlanta Business Chronicle:

Unemployment up in every N.C. county :: WRAL.com

Unemployment Up, More Jobs Lost In August - Truveo Video Search

Unemployment rate worse than expected -- leaps to 7.2% - BloggingStocks

The actual 7.2% unemployment rate is the highest in 26 years. Also, the 2.6 million jobs lost in 2008 marks the worst level since 1945. If things keep going along those lines, the unemployment rate could top 10%.

Of course, what you fail to account for is that unemployment doesn't count everyone. Only people who have made claims or on unemployment. Eventually, those people no longer get it and they stop counting them after a year. So unemployment is unoffically well over 10% in states like RI, Michigan, and well over 8% if not 9% in the U.S.

But hey, Bush has done a great job with job creation overall right? Oh, well I guess not if these numbers are a reflection of anything. Feel free to Continue to stay in the bubble and be ignorant of the financial situation around you in the U.S.

Remember shortly after 9/11 Bush had an 80+ approval rating. Things can change on a dime.

Remember shortly after 9/11 Bush had an 80+ approval rating. Things can change on a dime.

Exactly my point though. After 9/11, Bush could do just about anything policy wise and America would of followed.

Though it goes to show how he wasted that away. Now it's time to see if Obama does the same.

Exactly my point though. After 9/11, Bush could do just about anything policy wise and America would of followed.

Though it goes to show how he wasted that away. Now it's time to see if Obama does the same.

you may find he hasn't a choice. That's what sucks about the job.

That's great he gave more AID to Africa then all previous Presidents. Now homeless is on the rise here in America and throughout his Administration we had hundreds of thousands if not millions on the street each night. That doesn't include in shelters, on the brink, etc.

And I think the fallout from his Administration over the last few years have more then made up for the number of jobs he has created.

Georgia unemployment claims skyrocket 174% - Atlanta Business Chronicle:

Unemployment up in every N.C. county :: WRAL.com

Unemployment Up, More Jobs Lost In August - Truveo Video Search

Unemployment rate worse than expected -- leaps to 7.2% - BloggingStocks

Of course, what you fail to account for is that unemployment doesn't count everyone. Only people who have made claims or on unemployment. Eventually, those people no longer get it and they stop counting them after a year. So unemployment is unoffically well over 10% in states like RI, Michigan, and well over 8% if not 9% in the U.S.

But hey, Bush has done a great job with job creation overall right? Oh, well I guess not if these numbers are a reflection of anything. Feel free to Continue to stay in the bubble and be ignorant of the financial situation around you in the U.S.

There is nothing the left, and the ignorant, like better than quoting unquantifiable figures. How can one know how many homeless there are, and of course, unemployment is highest in high tax Democrat controlled states.

This is far too nuanced for you, so let me tell you in advance what to watch out for: candidate Obama ran on promises to create jobs, but now his lackeys are using the phrase "save jobs." Get it? We can't know how many jobs would have been lost, so he can claim any number -- like the numbers you guys make up about homelessness.

Thank goodness Brother George still has his hut, er, home.

Wow, she hasn't gotten any smarter in 4 years.

Forum List

Back