PredFan in Chi-Town

Potato crusted Lake Superior Whitefish!

View attachment 140100

That looks delicious.

May look good but Whitefish is taste-free. :uhh:

Interesting. Because halfway through it I began removing the potato covering because I couldn't taste the fish.

Every time I go there I get a regional fish. I live in Florida so I don't get grouper, flounder, etc. I have gotten Yellow Perch, Sturgeon, and now Whitefish. Next time it'll be either Chad or Walleye.

Half day today, just a couple of meetings this morning. Then tourism for me, then a banquet tonight.

Did you get to Wrigley yet? Never a better time --- archrival Cardinals are in town, today's the rubber game and the home team is knocking on the door of their division. They're on a hot streak.

No better place to see a ball game too.

Can't. I had meetings all day yesterday and the final two today. Got a banquet tonight. I have been there already though. Still, a live baseball game is a treat for sure.

Potato crusted Lake Superior Whitefish!

View attachment 140100

That looks delicious.

May look good but Whitefish is taste-free. :uhh:

Interesting. Because halfway through it I began removing the potato covering because I couldn't taste the fish.

Every time I go there I get a regional fish. I live in Florida so I don't get grouper, flounder, etc. I have gotten Yellow Perch, Sturgeon, and now Whitefish. Next time it'll be either Chad or Walleye.

One guy went to Boston and on advice of others who had been there wanted to try scrod. So he asks his cab driver "hey bud, where can I get scrod around here"?

Cab driver look back and says "Sir, I've heard that question a thousand times but you're the first guy to put it in the pluperfect subjunctive".

Musta been from Cambridge.

Headed up to Chicago on some business and pleasure. What pleasure can anyone get in that hell hole?

Good question and here's the answer:

Food.

I'm not talking Chicago dogs, yuck, or Chicago deep dish nastiness, there are a couple of restaurants that I personally know about that are fabulous.

I shall not name them, they are crowded enough as they are. One has the most delicious seafood, and the other is a real traditional Italian joint. Then I will probably haunt a couple of bars that my daughter turned me on to when she was still at DePaul.

Hopefully I won't get shot.
Oh, c'mon. Hell hole? Granted parts of the city, the south and west sides are hell hole ghettos and totally unsafe due to black and Hispanic criminal thugs engaging in deadly street shootouts on a daily basis, but you're not going anywhere near those places, not if you've got a functioning brain anyway. The bride and I were back in our hometown last week Wednesday through Sunday and had, as usual, a great time in the Toddlin' Town. River North, Near North Side, Old Town, Wrigleyville areas are teeming with great restaurants and all sorts of other nice attractions for the natives and visitors alike. Watched the Cubbies beat the hated Cards Saturday, and they ended up taking the weekend series two games to one so it was another great Chicago visit.

Had a few conventiongoers ask me where I was from. I told them Orlando and they said, "Boy, it's just as hot here as it is in Florida I'll bet". At the time I didn't argue. It was hot, I didn't want to be outside in that dress suit. Yes it was hot but I'm the evening, it got quite coo but In Florida it's hot 24 seven

Forum List

Back