Praying For Rain of Biblical Proportions

TheStripey1

Apr 4, 2007
Left Coast
Did y'all hear about the media director, Stuart Shepard, for James Dobson's evangelical group, Focus on the Family Action, asking Dobsen's followers to pray that rain of Biblical Proportions fall on Barack Obama during his acceptance speech in Denver this week?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohxdvio9n2Q]The You Tube[/ame]

well... Keith Olbermann then annointed him as the Worst Person in the World for that request:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjRL_szQndo&NR=1]KO's You Tube[/ame]

and then... after a flurry of protests about that video... it was pulled from the web...

Focus On Family Pulls Controversial Obama 'Rain' Video
Video Had Asked Prayers For 'Rain Of Biblical Proportions'

I don't really have any idea where the majority of Dobson's followers live, but I imagine a good portion of them are southerners...

well... this thread isn't so much about the idiocy shown in the video but more about what has happened in Florida since that request was made August 11...

y'all hip to how much rain has fallen in Florida since Tropical Storm Fay came ashore and came ashore, and then came ashore and then, yes, came ashore again?

Any idea how much rain has fallen on the east coast of Florida?

Yes... biblical proportions have fallen... over 2 FEET of rain in some locales... and Fay still isn't done... after maintaining her tropical status while traversing the land portion of Florida TWICE, she has finally fallen back to a tropical depression but has reversed her direction and is now over Alabama and Georgia, dumping yes... more rain of Biblical proportions over the region commonly refered to as the Bible Belt...

So I have this question...

Does God want Obama to win?

Last edited:
nope... by answering Dobson's followers prayers for rain to fall on Obama's parade by causing that rain to fall on them instead...

and in case you weren't aware of it... that is what is known as...

Karma...

Last edited:
nope... by answering Dobsen's followers prayers for rain to fall on Obama's parade by causing that rain to fall on them instead...

Karma...

I can't tell who's loonier---you or Dobson.

nope... by answering Dobsen's followers prayers for rain to fall on Obama's parade by causing that rain to fall on them instead...

Karma...

Not according to CHristians it's not. You're mixing up your religions.

Not according to CHristians it's not. You're mixing up your religions.

Laffs... you think God cares which religion prays tyo him and which religion only gives him lip service?

ok...

how's this...

the moronic followers of dobson who prayed for rain are now reaping what they sowed...

lots and lots of rain...

happy now?

:badgrin:

I can't tell who's loonier---you or Dobson.

obviously Dobson and his followers...

and that other McLame spiritual advisor... the one that claimed Katrina was sent by God to punish New Orleans for holding a Gay Pride Parade...

if that were true... why did Katrina also destroy Mississippi? and if God does use the weather to punish sinners... explain the 2 feet of rain that just fell on Florida...

or the floods in the midwest this past spring...

go ahead...

explain it...

Quote:

"Laffs... you think God cares which religion prays tyo him and which religion only gives him lip service?

ok...

how's this...

the moronic followers of dobson who prayed for rain are now reaping what they sowed...

lots and lots of rain...

happy now?"

Er..no, and yes, God does care. But you might educate yourself before you scoff at those who know more about the world than you do.

Of course, God got all Biblical on FLA.

But not because he loves Obama, or hates McCain.

God ALSO believes in the separation between Church and State.

duh!

Forum List

Back