Powerball now is $900 Million highest jackpot ever

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Wonder how many fools are selling cars, or trying for second mortgages to buy tickets?

pb_logo.png

Current Estimated Jackpot
$900 Million
$558 Million Cash Value
Winning Numbers 1/6/2016

2 11 47 62 63 17
mpowerplay.png
3X

DES MOINES, Iowa — The allegations read like a movie plot: a lottery industry insider installs undetectable software giving him advance knowledge of winning numbers, then enlists accomplices to play those numbers and collect the jackpots.

And they secretly enrich themselves for years - until a misstep exposes them.

Eddie Tipton, former security director of the Multi-State Lottery Association, has been convicted of fraud for fixing one jackpot in Des Moines, but prosecutors say his high-tech scheme extended far beyond Iowa.

He's accused of tampering with lottery drawings in four states over six years, and investigators are expanding their inquiry nationwide.

Investigators have asked states to review jackpots produced by the number-generators Tipton had access to, and whose winning numbers were specifically requested by the ticket buyer.

They hope to talk with anyone aware of such payouts being collected by someone other than the person who ends up with the money, said Rob Sand, a state prosecutor in Des Moines who is leading the probe.

The inquiry is sending a chill through state governments that depend on public confidence in contests that generate $20 billion annually in lottery revenue.

"It would be pretty naive to believe they are the only four" jackpots involved, said now-retired Iowa deputy attorney general Thomas H. Miller, who oversaw the investigation for 2 ½ years. "If you find one cockroach, you have to assume there are 100 more you haven't found."

Thirty-seven states and U.S. territories use random-number generators from the Iowa-based association, which administers games and distributes prizes for the lottery consortium. So far, Colorado, Wisconsin, and Oklahoma have confirmed paying jackpots valued at a total of $8 million allegedly linked to Tipton and associates.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/lottery-fixing-scandal-spreads-nationwide-article-1.2470819

:)

When I win VH I'll be sure to remember you....only you will have to wait

Wonder how many fools are selling cars, or trying for second mortgages to buy tickets?

pb_logo.png

Current Estimated Jackpot
$900 Million
$558 Million Cash Value
Winning Numbers 1/6/2016

2 11 47 62 63 17
mpowerplay.png
3X

Just what every fucking welfare case needs. I went down for coffee this morning and they're like baboons congregating around the Lotto machine. Any one of those simpletons who won it would be bankrupt in six months - or dead from a crack overdose.

I broke down and bought one ticket.
If it's meant for me to win, that's all I'll need. You can't win if you don't play at all.
If not, then it wouldn't matter how many I bought - I'd still lose, and I'd be that much worse off.

Hey...I don't even need to win the big prize. I'd be happy with the 1 million dollar prize... Heck even the 50k prize. I'm not greedy :)

But... yeah... I bought a ticket when I went to get gas. Someone has to win... Right?

i read some hints....divide the numbers between even and odd.....add the numbers up they should fall between 130 and 221...i have no clue if any of this works but i am willing to share...dont use like the same last number ie. 24, 54, 64 etc and dont use multipules....7, 21, 28 etc

Last summer they changed the no. of balls, to make it a billion dollar jackpot. Less high winners but more lower winners, I mean come on , with all the tickets and no one wins. I would rather many million dollar winners.

I see even the head and founder (since 1986) of the Multi State Lottery Assoc, Charles Strutt had been quietly dismissed among the allegation of fraud within the Assoc.

We have a few tickets, but from now on I will only buy in state tickets. (I would never stand in line to buy a ticket). I hope several people spit the jackpot. Good luck everyone, I hope someone on here wins.

1004542803_powerball_010_10.jpg

Las Vegas Review-Journal

I do quick picks.

I have 10 chances to win the big prize.

The ultimate dream, the dream above all dreams, is to be able to walk unto your place of employment and nastily tell them to take their jobs and shove them. What working person doesn't dream that dream?

with that much you could hand a wee bit out .....i would do that...set up trust funds for the bestest baby and the new critter...buy son (rolling eyes) a new truck....lol...that is what he would want...me i would take grumpy and travel

If I ever take home more than $50 million from the lottery, I would pay off all my nieces and nephews current homes, and set all their children up for college educations.

and still have plenty for myself.

(And not one dollar will ever be given to support any candidate, of ANY party)

imagine the fucking taxes.......bummer....i would move to a legal state....probably ..

$558 pay out, divide it in thirds, 1/3 for you, 1/3 for hubby, 1/3 for IRS.

$186 million each

(And my state has no state income tax)

Forum List

Back