Poverty reached FIFTY-YEAR HIGH under obama

Facts are inconveniant to the Left. they run around all day making pathetic excuses for their failures and trying to resell FAILURE as success.

That's rich: Poverty level under Obama breaks 50-year record
www.washingtontimes.com/.../obamas-rhetoric-o...
The Washington Times
Jan 7, 2014 - That's rich: Poverty level under Obama breaks 50-year record ... reduced the jobless rate to 7 percent from a high of 10 percent four years ago.

yeah, couldn't have anything to do with the wingnut congress that has obstructed for 61/2 years...

damn, you're stupid, boy.

YAWN

stupid is a b*tch whining about "obstruction" when the Donkey Party record shows them VOTING FOR the policies they whine about

who made them push the "yes" button leftard?

It's amazing how not even being a majority in either the House or the Senate the GOP is so powerful! Even when told they were just along for the ride. Man, just think what the Republicans can make once the hold the House, the Senate and the Presidency.

Facts are inconveniant to the Left. they run around all day making pathetic excuses for their failures and trying to resell FAILURE as success.

The Washington Times
Jan 7, 2014 - That's rich: Poverty level under Obama breaks 50-year record ... reduced the jobless rate to 7 percent from a high of 10 percent four years ago.

yeah, couldn't have anything to do with the wingnut congress that has obstructed for 61/2 years...

YAWN

stupid is a b*tch whining about "obstruction" when the Donkey Party record shows them VOTING FOR the policies they whine about

It's amazing how not even being a majority in either the House or the Senate the GOP is so powerful! Even when told they were just along for the ride. Man, just think what the Republicans can make once the hold the House, the Senate and the Presidency.

TRUE. simply amazing how the idiotic Left insists all their troubles are the fault of a smaller number of people the Left insists they are so much smarter than

idiots and hypocrites

The Washington Times

YAWN

TRUE. simply amazing how the idiotic Left insists all their troubles are the fault of a smaller number of people the Left insists they are so much smarter than

idiots and hypocrites
I only wish I had the problems you poor slobs experience....

The Washington Times

YAWN

idiots and hypocrites

It says a lot about how smart the left really is.

If it were the latter, then it would be half of the rate in 1960.

They calculate the poverty rate while leaving out most of the poverty programs that the poor get to alleviate their poverty,

and then they use those numbers to attack the poverty programs. It's insane.

What if in order to get those programs, you aren't allowed to get an education, you aren't allowed to look for a job, you aren't allowed to get married, you aren't allowed to find a better place to live, you aren't allowed to visit friends or relatives in other states, etc.

What sort of programs are these? Sounds like they are programs meant to trap people where they are, keep them tethered to these programs for survival, and keep them voting for the people that keep the programs as they are. You have to love the genius of the bureaucracy. It's self-perpetuating slavery. Down to the destruction of the host.

Who gets destroyed by Medicaid or food stamps, or a school lunch program?

The moderately disabled.

I have a friend that works in a housing complex as a maintenance manager. This complex subsidizes and houses folks that are on Government assistance.

There are a bunch of cases where these programs destroy lives. Shall I give you just one.

In one apartment is a guy that has a back that is completely gone. He can't really get around at all. Maybe on day out of five he can. But he is really good with electronics. Folks bring him shit to fix, you know, your iphone, radio, tv, what ever you want.

But if he charged you, he would have to get some crummy insurance, a job that he couldn't possible get to, and all of the other living expenses. Plus, he would probably lose his assisted living. So he isn't allowed to charge for his work.

There are lots of things this guy says he would like to spend money on, but his state appointed nurse would know he is making money and he would lose his assistance. He's not allowed. He'd lose his Medicaid, food stamps, and other assistance he needs to live. . . OTH, I don't think if he started charging, he could make a go of it. So, essentially, that state says his services have no value. But he goes on fixing stuff, and asks for trade instead. Thus, as you can see, the rule of these programs, and their rigidity, can make the consumers of them depressed and hopeless.

This especially happens when something goes wrong in the application and distribution. These folks are at the disposal of the government. They are. . . in effect, grown adults that are dependents.
I'm in Trouble...SNAP woes
While on disability a person is allowed to earn up to 1k a month or 14k a year....
Disability or SSI?

The Washington Times

YAWN

The last time we had it we went to war.

They calculate the poverty rate while leaving out most of the poverty programs that the poor get to alleviate their poverty,

and then they use those numbers to attack the poverty programs. It's insane.

What if in order to get those programs, you aren't allowed to get an education, you aren't allowed to look for a job, you aren't allowed to get married, you aren't allowed to find a better place to live, you aren't allowed to visit friends or relatives in other states, etc.

What sort of programs are these? Sounds like they are programs meant to trap people where they are, keep them tethered to these programs for survival, and keep them voting for the people that keep the programs as they are. You have to love the genius of the bureaucracy. It's self-perpetuating slavery. Down to the destruction of the host.

The moderately disabled.

I have a friend that works in a housing complex as a maintenance manager. This complex subsidizes and houses folks that are on Government assistance.

There are a bunch of cases where these programs destroy lives. Shall I give you just one.

In one apartment is a guy that has a back that is completely gone. He can't really get around at all. Maybe on day out of five he can. But he is really good with electronics. Folks bring him shit to fix, you know, your iphone, radio, tv, what ever you want.

But if he charged you, he would have to get some crummy insurance, a job that he couldn't possible get to, and all of the other living expenses. Plus, he would probably lose his assisted living. So he isn't allowed to charge for his work.

There are lots of things this guy says he would like to spend money on, but his state appointed nurse would know he is making money and he would lose his assistance. He's not allowed. He'd lose his Medicaid, food stamps, and other assistance he needs to live. . . OTH, I don't think if he started charging, he could make a go of it. So, essentially, that state says his services have no value. But he goes on fixing stuff, and asks for trade instead. Thus, as you can see, the rule of these programs, and their rigidity, can make the consumers of them depressed and hopeless.

This especially happens when something goes wrong in the application and distribution. These folks are at the disposal of the government. They are. . . in effect, grown adults that are dependents.
While on disability a person is allowed to earn up to 1k a month or 14k a year....
Disability or SSI?
Either, now food stamps and medicaid would be reduced after a certain amount adjusted to poverty level is reached........

The Washington Times

YAWN

idiots and hypocrites

I have no problem with this. I like that the GOP is blocking stupid crap.

The Washington Times

YAWN

The last time we had it we went to war.

Then you need to be sure you vote for Hillary.

YAWN

idiots and hypocrites

They get payed damn good money to do it, why not?

YAWN

idiots and hypocrites

They get payed damn good money to do it, why not?

It is saving America to not let the lefty nutters get their agenda passed.

The moderately disabled.

Disability or SSI?
Either, now food stamps and medicaid would be reduced after a certain amount adjusted to poverty level is reached........

Actually, I looked it up. That's not true. If you earn a thousand dollars, they cut that thousand in half, take five hundred out of what you would have received from SSI or disability so you work and stress, inflame your disability, and may gross slightly more, but will feel worse during the month.

On top of that, this then affects your eligibility for SNAP, housing, and medicaid.

And what if that money you made one month isn't a steady gig, but just a one off? If you go over that amount one month and they cancel your disability or SSI, and you don't make it the next month. . . well, then you are screwed.

How Much Can You Work While Receiving SSI Disability Benefits? | Nolo.com
Earned Income Exclusion

Earned income means money you are paid from working. If you have earned income, the SSA will exclude the first $65 (if you don’t have any unearned income, $85 will be deducted instead), plus half of the remainder amount over $65 that you are paid each month. This reduces your countable income, which will help minimize the effects of your work on your benefit amount.

For example, if you make $1,465 per month, the SSA will subtract $65 (to get $1,400) and then half of the amount over $65 (to get $700). That $700 is your countable income from work, and it will be subtracted from your monthly SSI payment (which is $733 without a state supplement). You would still get an SSI payment of $33. In a nutshell, you can make about $1,550 a month before your SSI benefit is reduced to zero.

Forum List

Back