Post YOUR guitars

What?

No Strats, no Teles?

Nope..all humbuckers..no single coils.

I agree with you in principle BUT there are some great players out there who do use single coil....

the 2 guitarists for iron maiden, for example, both use strats

every time I see them play (AWESOME) while using strats I shake my head in wonder....

why...I wonder...why...are they NOT using some guitar that is more appropriate for their style of music?

Gers plays a humbucker-not sure about Smith or Murray though. And yes Iron Maiden kicks some major ass!

My guitars are:

Jackson DK2M
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul ZWSignature
Fender Strat American Made Texas Special
Ibanez RGSeries120
Ovation Elite-T Acoustic

My main amp is a Orange Rockerverb 50w combo (w/2 12 inch speakers)

I'll get some pics up tomorow maybe.

I pretty much spend all my cash on new guitars hahaha, I figure better now than before I get married. :lol:

Keep playing everyone!:clap2:

Last edited:
ok, i'm drooling now........ had an early 70's SG once.....

i'm a tad camera challenged , so in type

a YamahaSE612 w/ floyd rose locks is my hack axe

an Ovation acoustic

a '79 Fender Strat hardtail

an Epiphone Dot3 335 knockoff

a peavy patriot base

an a real live Gibson 1980 335 (for non-players think BB King's lucille)

oh and, i'm am armchair luthier & a totally incurable blues freak (doesn't make me a bad man, does it?)

Well, we should compare notes sometime...I'm a working guitar tech and when I'm not on the road I have a shop here at home where I do complete maintenance, repairs and restorations.

I have some good pictures of some of my work..especially refrets. I use the neck jig for all my fretwork..You familiar with the neck jig? It simulates string tension on the neck when the guitar is un strung... Indispensable tool for me..All fretwork comes out PERFECT...

here's the workbench with a guitar in the jig. That's a roll of fretwire you see in the middle hanging on the shelf..

100_0246.jpg

just to the right of the bench
100_0247.jpg

Hi 30/90
I just do basic setups & ,minor repairs at this point. I see the jig you have, is it from Stew Mac?>
STEWMAC.COM : Erlewine Neck Jig , or your own creation?

I'd love to try one out, for now i pretty much i just unstring, mess with the truss until straight, file flat, have some crown file, clean, lemon oil , clean up good, restring and retruss straight again

probably a hack job by your standards, but good action means i'm at them about twice a year when the weather changes, so as a DIY'er it saves a few $$$'s , hard to keep them all hammer-on worthy

i did take some lessons from a master luthier, but it's been a while....

Yes, it's the stew mac jig...I've had it for about 8 or 9 years now...Really does what it says.
A valuable tool.

399.jpg

400.jpg

an a real live Gibson 1980 335 (for non-players think BB King's lucille)

I think Larry Carlton - "Mr. 335", as he is sometimes known. Best guitarist in the world. Here he is doing his signature song, "Room 335", with another guy with chops, Lee Ritenour:

And one of his online guitar lessons:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back