100_0223.jpg

1972 SG II

100_0224.jpg

100_0222.jpg

What?

No Strats, no Teles?

Nope..all humbuckers..no single coils.

I can understand that.

That damn 60 cycle hum can get a bit annoying after a while.

But a Fender is a Fender is a Fender and to get that sound, the noise is something you have to live with.

But I do love Gibsons also. Too bad the're so damn pricey.

What?

No Strats, no Teles?

I can understand that.

But a Fender is a Fender is a Fender and to get that sound, the noise is something you have to live with.

Fender and Gibson are the guitars that made the sounds that made the music that changed the world. Can't really go wrong with either one.

I hate to say it, but ya know what i see.

Wood paneling and a poster on the wall.

What?

No Strats, no Teles?

I agree with you in principle BUT there are some great players out there who do use single coil....

the 2 guitarists for iron maiden, for example, both use strats

every time I see them play (AWESOME) while using strats I shake my head in wonder....

why...I wonder...why...are they NOT using some guitar that is more appropriate for their style of music?

What?

No Strats, no Teles?

I agree with you in principle BUT there are some great players out there who do use single coil....

every time I see them play (AWESOME) while using strats I shake my head in wonder....

why...I wonder...why...are they NOT using some guitar that is more appropriate for their style of music?

Well, ya can't argue with success, right?

I like Fender guitars. I have many clients who play them. I handle them all the time...but I REALLY like Les Pauls and PRS.
To each his own...

I can understand that.

Fender and Gibson are the guitars that made the sounds that made the music that changed the world. Can't really go wrong with either one.

though these days there are LOTS of GREAT guitars being made by companies other than gibson and fender (ibanez, aria, jackson....)

my brother has an expensive black beauty/ibanez, 2 humbuckers, floating bridge...
wide neck, LONG neck ...I don't remember the model name/number but it's a GREAT guitar!

One of my favorite guitars EVER was a washburn flying V (f5v5) from about 25 years ago

FAST! with a great tremolo that STAYED IN TUNE

Well, ya can't argue with success, right?

I like Fender guitars. I have many clients who play them. I handle them all the time...but I REALLY like Les Pauls and PRS.
To each his own...

it SEEMS like all the GREAT guitarists, no matter what they play on stage, own at least 1 les paul and 1 strat

of course...different guitars for different purposes...

I can understand that.

though these days there are LOTS of GREAT guitars being made by companies other than gibson and fender (ibanez, aria, jackson....)

my brother has an expensive black beauty/ibanez, 2 humbuckers, floating bridge...
wide neck, LONG neck ...I don't remember the model name/number but it's a GREAT guitar!

One of my favorite guitars EVER was a washburn flying V (f5v5) from about 25 years ago

FAST! with a great tremolo that STAYED IN TUNE

...Hamer makes some good ones..
America invented the electric guitar and rock n roll...I like american guitars.
:cool:

No one?

Ok..Here's mine.

20th Anniversary PRS CU 24

100_1076.jpg

100_0220.jpg

'93 Les Paul Classic

100_0223.jpg

1972 SG II

100_0224.jpg

100_0222.jpg

ok, i'm drooling now........ had an early 70's SG once.....

i'm a tad camera challenged , so in type

a YamahaSE612 w/ floyd rose locks is my hack axe

an Ovation acoustic

a '79 Fender Strat hardtail

an Epiphone Dot3 335 knockoff

a peavy patriot base

an a real live Gibson 1980 335 (for non-players think BB King's lucille)

oh and, i'm am armchair luthier & a totally incurable blues freak (doesn't make me a bad man, does it?)

No one?

Ok..Here's mine.

20th Anniversary PRS CU 24

100_1076.jpg

100_0220.jpg

'93 Les Paul Classic

100_0223.jpg

1972 SG II

100_0224.jpg

100_0222.jpg

ok, i'm drooling now........ had an early 70's SG once.....

i'm a tad camera challenged , so in type

a YamahaSE612 w/ floyd rose locks is my hack axe

an Ovation acoustic

a '79 Fender Strat hardtail

an Epiphone Dot3 335 knockoff

a peavy patriot base

an a real live Gibson 1980 335 (for non-players think BB King's lucille)

oh and, i'm am armchair luthier & a totally incurable blues freak (doesn't make me a bad man, does it?)

Well, we should compare notes sometime...I'm a working guitar tech and when I'm not on the road I have a shop here at home where I do complete maintenance, repairs and restorations.

I have some good pictures of some of my work..especially refrets. I use the neck jig for all my fretwork..You familiar with the neck jig? It simulates string tension on the neck when the guitar is un strung... Indispensable tool for me..All fretwork comes out PERFECT...

here's the workbench with a guitar in the jig. That's a roll of fretwire you see in the middle hanging on the shelf..

100_0246.jpg

just to the right of the bench
100_0247.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back