Post Quotes - too many notifications

BasicHumanUnit

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2013
Everywhere needed
I get tons of notifications that my post has been quoted and used in a subsequent post by someone else.

99% of the time, it's a nested post where someone else quotes someone else who quoted me at some point a while ago.

Is there ANY way to get only notifications of DIRECT quotes.....such as when YOUR post is actually (not indirectly) quoted?

This seems like an entirely stupid process since by the time your quote has been requoted numerous times, the context has drastically changed since many other people are being quoted.

I'm not sure how the server handles the redundancy and clutter caused by this.

screenshot_410.png

Try and not stack up more than two or three quotes...just highlight the quote you want to answer and post that quote and your rebuttal....

You select the text you want to reply to and a box should appear. Select ‘reply’ and your good to go.
OH hell... I've been doing it by hand for decades.... That's much easier.

I get tons of notifications that my post has been quoted and used in a subsequent post by someone else.

99% of the time, it's a nested post where someone else quotes someone else who quoted me at some point a while ago.

Is there ANY way to get only notifications of DIRECT quotes.....such as when YOUR post is actually (not indirectly) quoted?

This seems like an entirely stupid process since by the time your quote has been requoted numerous times, the context has drastically changed since many other people are being quoted.

I'm not sure how the server handles the redundancy and clutter caused by this.

Read my thread about 3 below yours on "Selective Quoting".. We've been asking member for cooperation on this for almost 6 months.. So when you see it happening in a thread you left days ago -- it's OK to go in and remind them to REVIEW that thread. Just make it clear you're not picking on one poster, make the point nicely and leave.. Mods alone are not gonna get compliance on this unless everyone helps..

Not our fault.. It's a bug or intentional change by Xenforo -- and with Covid -- they are short handed and we're "in the lurch"...

Forum List

Back