Post June 2015: How to Adopt a Child if you are LGBT

In the past, and perhaps in some areas of the country still today, gay couples have lied in order to adopt. Usually with one partner adopting and the other pretending to be a roommate or a friend. But it is necessary to realize the importance of honesty when adopting. It is legal to omit information, it is not legal to lie when asked a specific question. Lying in this instance is considered fraud and may be cause for an adoption to not occur or for an already established placement to disrupt. ... 6 Things Gay Couples Should Know About Adoption

Would that be because lying is a bad thing for a parent to display who wants to raise children? Like the lie that one of the kids two mommies that dresses up and acts like a man "is the same thing as having a father"?

Many studies have been done on same sex couples in order to see how children in these unions are being raised. The studies are often biased based on who has done the research. Gay and lesbian groups show positive results, while religious or conservative groups show negative. Many of the concerns are centered around understanding sexual orientation and if children will develop problems from having gay parents. But research has not found a single study showing that children of gay or lesbian parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect. Still there are other concerns:

Except all the studies out there that show both a mother and father in a home provides the best advantage for children later in their life. Just those studies.. Prince's Trust Survey & The Voices of the Voteless (Children) in Gay Marriage Debate | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

...and the amicus briefs filed against gay marriage by adult children raised in gay homes who say it's a bad idea...link in my signature....
(reposted thanks to ad hominem spamming on previous page)

Skylar and mdk I've often thought you are the same person. You have in the past been careful to switch roles depending on the day. But today you're out "together" spewing nearly identical posting styles in order to spam this post ^^ off a page.

Do you have your laptop out with your PC today "Skylar/mdk"?

In the past, and perhaps in some areas of the country still today, gay couples have lied in order to adopt. Usually with one partner adopting and the other pretending to be a roommate or a friend. But it is necessary to realize the importance of honesty when adopting. It is legal to omit information, it is not legal to lie when asked a specific question. Lying in this instance is considered fraud and may be cause for an adoption to not occur or for an already established placement to disrupt. ... 6 Things Gay Couples Should Know About Adoption

Would that be because lying is a bad thing for a parent to display who wants to raise children? Like the lie that one of the kids two mommies that dresses up and acts like a man "is the same thing as having a father"?

So you wouldn't object to a same sex couple adopting if they told the truth about their relationship.....by say, getting married?

Except all the studies out there that show both a mother and father in a home provides the best advantage for children later in their life. Just those studies.. Prince's Trust Survey & The Voices of the Voteless (Children) in Gay Marriage Debate | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The Prince Trust study never mentions gay parenting. Or gays. Or gay marriage. With every single example it offers being *single* parents. Same sex couples raising children aren't single parents. But two parents.

Worse, the Prince Trust study doesn't say that a child has the best advantage with both a mother and father. You made that up. Worse for you, the Prince Trust study cites mentoring programs in which good same sex role models are provided. Explicitly contradicting your assertion that ONLY a mother or a father could provide those role models.

If your claims had merit, you wouldn't need to make up false 'findings' to support them. Yet you just did.
adult children raised in gay homes who say it's a bad idea...link in my signature....

Skylar and mdk I've often thought you are the same person.

So because we agree that you're lying about the Prince Trust study.....we have to be the same person?

Here's a simpler explanation: we've both read the Prince Trust Study. And it doesn't say anything you do.

And what 'lie' am I telling? Remember, you just admitted to the spamming I accused you of.

Aching for yet another strawman? Anything but the topic in the OP? I understand, you want this subject to go away ... :itsok:

Oh, good lord. Now Sil thinks Skylar and I are the same person. :lmao:

That is rich considering you think these two people are the same person:

mercer.jpg
48126305.cached.jpg

Dipshit!

Our daughter calls us both "Mom". There is no problem in our household. But then again, we've got higher level thinking skills here.
Who does your daughter call Dad though?
She doesn't. And the world doesn't end.
Did you know your father? Did you have someone you called "Dad"?

My dad was a hairdresser in las vegas before
From this link: How to Find an LGBT-Friendly Adoption Agency | Advocate.com

To get certified by HRC as LGBT-friendly, agencies work with the HRC Family Project and All Children-All Families Advisory Council members to evaluate and update their policies as needed, working toward 10 benchmarks of LGBT competence outlined in the Promising Practices Guide. When an agency achieves each of the 10 benchmarks, it is awarded the All Children-All Families Agency Seal of Recognition. Here are the 10 benchmarks:
1. The agency’s client nondiscrimination statement includes “sexual orientation.”

2. The agency’s client nondiscrimination statement includes “gender identity” and “gender expression.”

3. The agency’s employment nondiscrimination statement includes “sexual orientation.”

4. The agency’s employment nondiscrimination statement includes “gender identity.”

5. All agency employees receive the training required to work effectively and competently with LGBT clients.

6. The agency proactively educates and advocates for LGBT-inclusive and affirming practices among its organizational partners, collaborators, and contractors.

7. All agency-controlled forms and internal documents use inclusive language (e.g., “partner” instead of “spouse” or “parent 1” and “parent 2” rather than “mother” and “father”).

8. All external communications (website, printed materials and recruitment activities) explicitly reflect the agency’s commitment to working with LGBT individuals and families.

9. The agency includes standardized LGBT-specific language, examples and exercises in all family training and education activities (MAPP, PRIDE, etc.).

10. The agency has had placements/finalized adoptions with several LGBT foster or adoptive parents and/or has provided foster/adoption services to LGBT families within the past year.

This could be a new industry and it looks like it is well underway. Entirely all-LGBT friendly adoption agencies as holding and contracting entities for all the at-risk and vulnerable orphans in the country. Pretty soon there won't even be a need for catholic charities to run this vital service to our country by and large. I can see LGBT outfits lining up to take this custodial position of children on as just another branch of their rainbow tree of activism.

Discuss.

Good all children deserve loving households, better then being in an institutionalized foster care facility.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Calling someone "dad" isn't the important part. You seem stuck on labels. I had two parents to rely on....just like our daughter does. It's what that parental unit does, not what they are labeled. Again, you seem awfully stuck on labels instead of the person.

The person is either male or female. And that is set in stone. In human culture, males are superior in strength physically to females for a reason. Females give birth and their energy, even physique is directed towards laying on more fat for pregnancy and lactation. Men (at least before men started selecting smaller and smaller more hourglass women pushed at them in the media...to create now almost two generations of beta-boys) used to be taller, more lean and muscular to be the workhorses to bring the bacon home to woman and their children; and to protect and defend them.

This wasn't that long ago. My grandfather told me of his uncles who fought in the civil war, marching hard all day long and engaging in extreme face to face combat, all exposed to the elements. My grandmother came from a family of 13 kids...all who survived because their daddy was lean, big and worked like a mule to feed all of them. The boys when they were old enough, got a labor task assigned. The girls helped with the new babies, cooking, sewing, cleaning, planting gardens and helping with the harvest. At harvest, gender didn't matter..lol...everybody pitched in in some way.

You're insisting gender doesn't matter all the time. And that is false. Men and women are intrinsically different and they'd better be. When was the last time you wrestled a burglar to the ground or raised a barn while you were 8 months pregnant?...or nursing little ones? Men are agro. They're infused with testosterone. They crave activity and are generally hyper vigilant when it comes to sensing danger or a potential threat to their kin. They are the big muscle, the real hard workhorses.

Women's role is equally important. Men burn out quickly and need a place to retreat. They need the gender with more quiet and endurance to have food for them, to make their retreat comfortable and pleasant. The two interplayed well before the liberation movement came to fool women into thinking what they were doing wasn't important. The only mistake society made was not celebrating women and men's distinct gender roles MORE. When you're treated like a slave and given no recognition, then yeah, you want liberation. But for women being liberated means "still doing all the house work and holding down a job too". Great victory ladies!

I've heard women talking about this very topic. A composite example: she got off her shift at a crap job that day and was making her way to the market to get supplies to make dinner, feed the kids, hubby, do some quick spot cleaning and catch up on paying bills, "I would love it if my husband could support our family (yes, the economy is feeding the monster too). I could cook, sew, go for walks with my kids and read to them more often. They are growing up with the daycare lady and I hardly know them it seems." My brother's kids actually take after their daycare provider lady way more than my brother or sister in law. They shoved their kids when they were infants just 6 weeks old into full time daycare while mom skipped off to work each day.

It's insane. The joke has run its course. There are distinct differences between men and women and each is vital in a child's life to restore our culture back to a measure of sanity. I'm not saying a woman can't do other things like maybe a part time job when the kids are older and in school, but which leaves her plenty of time to keep a home and make life happy for the family. And I'm not saying men shouldn't cook or clean. They can pitch in too when women look frazzled. It's just that predominantly, these differences in gender roles revolve around childbirth and raising kids. And until you can produce kids in a vat of liquid in your lab, we need the gender roles to be different. Yes, we do.

I never see men happier than when they are gathered together working on some vital project for the village. They laugh, fart, crack jokes and talk about women as they sweat and toil happily to better the lives of everyone. I've never seen women happier than when they gather together to cook, nurse their babies, harvest a garden, plan a new addition to the house or walkabout with the children frolicking in a big pack, distracted by each other. These are the village roles your crowd is anxious to snuff out. And why? So your more feminine members can seek out more butch ones to play the exact same roles you were genetically programmed to pair up to do anyway.

How ironic.

My dad was a hairdresser in las vegas, and he made everyone look fantastic, I learned about fashion and hair, facials and skincare from my dad.

Gays can marry in every state and can adopt in all but Mississippi. That law by the way is presently being challenged. Somebody sure is losing this debate but it isn't gay people and their allies.

Gays can marry in every state and can adopt in all but Mississippi. That law by the way is presently being challenged. Somebody sure is losing this debate but it isn't gay people and their allies.

Gay parents know how to dress their kids. ;)

But which "gay parent" provides the vital need of the opposite gender to the growing children in the home? What do states get out of "gay marriage" since states were in the business of marriage in the first place to incentivize both a mother and father in the home for children?

States one by one should simply stop subsidizing all marriages until they can get what they paid for by their own vote.

Gay parents know how to dress their kids. ;)

But which "gay parent" provides the vital need of the opposite gender to the growing children in the home? What do states get out of "gay marriage" since states were in the business of marriage in the first place to incentivize both a mother and father in the home for children?

States one by one should simply stop subsidizing all marriages until they can get what they paid for by their own vote.

My dad loved me and my sister. My Mom and Step dad loved us too. There is not a box or formula that fits everyone when it comes to parenting and family. Gay parents have always existed, even in hetero seeming fronts. Having love and growing up in a family that wants you is wonderful. Being stuck in any institution is not wonderful.

What we should really worry about is kids that receive no nurturing , love or care stuck in orphanages, studies show children form their personalities the first 5 yrs, and babies that are not rocked, held, comforted by hugs or touch become detached and can lead to being sociopathic or psychopaths.

My dad loved me and my sister. My Mom and Step dad loved us too. There is not a box or formula that fits everyone when it comes to parenting and family. Gay parents have always existed, even in hetero seeming fronts. Having love and growing up in a family that wants you is wonderful. Being stuck in any institution is not wonderful.

What we should really worry about is kids that receive no nurturing , love or care stuck in orphanages, studies show children form their personalities the first 5 yrs, and babies that are not rocked, held, comforted by hugs or touch become detached and can lead to being sociopathic or psychopaths.

Don't bother. You are trying to have a reasonable conversation with a crazy person. Sil believes that children would be better off raised by wolves than by two loving same-sex parents. We can at least take comfort in knowing that Sil is utterly powerless and can't do shit to gay people other than whining/lying on message boards.

Don't bother. You are trying to have a reasonable conversation with a crazy person. Sil believes that children would be better off raised by wolves than by two loving same-sex parents. We can at least take comfort in knowing that Sil is utter powerless and can't do shit to gay people other than whining/lying on message boards.

So stupid. Being a loving parent isn't exclusive to being hetero, or to any gender roles. Being loving and nurturing is not an exclusive trait to one sex.

My dad loved me and my sister. My Mom and Step dad loved us too. There is not a box or formula that fits everyone when it comes to parenting and family.

So you did have regular contact with at least one dad and one mom. But you would institutionalize the lack of that for children into the future. Do you realize that in a gay home, a child will NEVER have regular contact with either a father or mother? That has be legislated out of their lives forever June 2015.

3 generations from now we will see entirely male "family" lines with no mother figure, and no grandmother or great-grandmother. This is statistically so because of the way humans learn as children what "normal" means (from their "parents"). And from the overwhelming preference (over 95% I'd bet the house on it) of gay men wanting boys instead of girls to adopt. You know, since even the one who acts feminine (of which is partner is attracted to??) doesn't have his own womb.

We USED TO lament at a society about the 3 generations families missing male role models. And we have numbers of studies linking this lack to heightened delinquency in the children raised in those homes, their depression, elevated indigence, elevated criminal convictions. So our solution was to INSTITUTIONALIZE the 3-generation female-only family lines??

The "formula" that is at a minimum for a growing child's needs is to not have a home rife with at least one person pretending to be the opposite gender. Games of pretend are fun but not when they substitute for reality. A child needs both a mother and father. That's the formula because children are either male or female themselves.

My dad loved me and my sister. My Mom and Step dad loved us too. There is not a box or formula that fits everyone when it comes to parenting and family.

So you did have regular contact with at least one dad and one mom. But you would institutionalize the lack of that for children into the future. Do you realize that in a gay home, a child will NEVER have regular contact with either a father or mother? That has be legislated out of their lives forever June 2015.

3 generations from now we will see entirely male "family" lines with no mother figure, and no grandmother or great-grandmother. This is statistically so because of the way humans learn as children what "normal" means (from their "parents"). And from the overwhelming preference (over 95% I'd bet the house on it) of gay men wanting boys instead of girls to adopt. You know, since even the one who acts feminine (of which is partner is attracted to??) doesn't have his own womb.

The "formula" that is at a minimum for a growing child's needs is to not have a home rife with at least one person pretending to be the opposite gender. Games of pretend are fun but not when they substitute for reality. A child needs both a mother and father. That's the formula because children are either male or female themselves.

I don't know what you are saying. Any home that has loving parents is a good home. Sex and Gender has nothing to do with whether a person is good or bad at parenting. Love is Love can't be any more than it is.

I don't limit love, any home that teaches and prepares a child for life and makes them safe and secure is a great family.

This argument is stupid. Just like people who argue against mixed race families. The only problem kids ever face with gay parents or mixed race families is adult bigots who judge them. Stop judging start loving. Be supportive.

Forum List

Back