Post a Song About Your State (Or That Mentions Your State)

Man some of those outfits are so funny....great song though!

Ahem: they were my generation's style where I lived. Near the beach. Saw them in 2015 at Bribie Island.

Category: | The Courier Mail

Greg

I mean don't hate for me this, Greg, but my kids love learning "Waltzing Matilda" from the Land of Oz. I know, I know it's a little pat but what are you gonna do when we have the whole wide world to sing and only so many songs we can learn. Plus that guy tries to put a jumbuck in his tuckerbag and my students find the whole thing delightful. Plus there's a ghost.

get out....florida used black infants for gator bait....

btw i have no clue if that is true but historical evidence says it is...

How Black Babies Were Used as Alligator Bait in Florida
Bull shit. The blacks that made it to FL were the smartest and hard-working.

There may have been a town or two that was different, but they were largely accepted, and ain't no slave trackers wanted to go through the Okeefenokee.

Wtf are you even looking for to find a bullshit site like that?

Wtf is this made up history bullshit? Stick your ass to teh Appalachia that you know, you don't know much about 'round heanh. I know what's what that I learned from old black and white people from here. I done even talked to some old black people in GA, and learned why they hate Yankees. Sherman, that's why. You can learn a lot if you listen to the older people.

Last edited:
Hey Bonesey, there was no Orlando before Disney in the 50s. It was all swamp before that. Nobody wanted to be there, I wouldn't want to be there today. No sea breeze, hot as crap. Last time I was there it was 108 with 80% humidity.

I like where I live. :04:

Ahem: they were my generation's style where I lived. Near the beach. Saw them in 2015 at Bribie Island.

Greg

I mean don't hate for me this, Greg, but my kids love learning "Waltzing Matilda" from the Land of Oz. I know, I know it's a little pat but what are you gonna do when we have the whole wide world to sing and only so many songs we can learn. Plus that guy tries to put a jumbuck in his tuckerbag and my students find the whole thing delightful. Plus there's a ghost.

There is a Queensland version.

The song was set in South West Queensland.

My fav group of all time....even including the Beatles. Our armies marched to war using this tune(not the Qld version but the one you know). To me it is a National Treasure; but it was set around the time of the Shearers Strike in the late 19th Century. There was a practice which the squatters hated where swaggies would kill a sheep and keep the meat (put it cut up in their tucker bag) and leave the hide behind. The one in the song broke with tradition probably because the shearers were striking. Queensland was Strike Central at the time but it was resolved. New Zealand shearers were undercutting the locals. (no pun intended).

Greg

This one needs some local knowledge. It was set "up north" again but uses the more general "Australia" rather than Queensland. The band is from "up North". 1980's tune.

Many of the images in this vid are outside Queensland.

Greg

Greg

My fav group of all time....even including the Beatles. Our armies marched to war using this tune(not the Qld version but the one you know). To me it is a National Treasure; but it was set around the time of the Shearers Strike in the late 19th Century. There was a practice which the squatters hated where swaggies would kill a sheep and keep the meat (put it cut up in their tucker bag) and leave the hide behind. The one in the song broke with tradition probably because the shearers were striking. Queensland was Strike Central at the time but it was resolved. New Zealand shearers were undercutting the locals. (no pun intended).

Greg

We happened to learn the song this year in music in 2nd grade, and then later in the year, got a pair of twins from Australia who moved in. This is one of the favorite things that happens in music class because as we all know, music really DOES make connections. The girls, though young, knew the song already from their music classes so we all sang it together. It was cool. :)

Greg

Greg

Oh have you seen this one Greg? After my older students learn the song, we watch this and talk about why this world class violinist was crying (they all notice it). great discussion starter!

Tones and scales tie directly into human emotions somehow.

Maybe it's the frequencies, Idk.

Forum List

Back