Portland To Tax Companies That Have Outrageous CEO-Worker Pay Gaps

Corporations can exist without paying their CEOs hundreds of times what they pay their typical workers.
--Steve Novick, City Commissioner of Portland

Unbelieveable trying to tell someone how much they can make

This is going to tottaly backfire.

Lol

Oregon is one of the few states under total liberal control.

My family has lived near Portland for 5 generations, we have watched it decay as liberals took over. If you plan to drive through Portland pack a lunch the freeways are parking lots, no new lanes or bridges in decades. For entertainment you can watch umpteen billion dollar light rail train go by...half empty. Bums at every intersection and freeway ramp pan handling for money. Homeless camps all over town. Just take the I-205 bypass and avoid the swamp altogether.

Corporations can exist without paying their CEOs hundreds of times what they pay their typical workers.

Lol

Why not? They already advanced by telling us we have to buy health insurance and how much we can afford to spend on it.

I see way more fringe benefits coming to CEOs in portland I will tell you that..I wonder how creative they will get to get to go around this law?

This is how stupid liberals are..make one law you just opened up a hundered loop holes..I am going to follow this one closely just to make fun of the OP when it back fires :)

That's just the way liberals think. Tax the rich that make our products and provide jobs! Yeah, that will create new jobs and industry!

Kind of like McCain thinking that if he could restrict money going to candidates, they could not be bought off. So now we have PAC's and they do the bidding for the candidate instead. Nothing was gained.

Liberals seem to have a conviction that the creation of industry, products and services come from the poor and indolent.

Lol

Why not? They already advanced by telling us we have to buy health insurance and how much we can afford to spend on it.

I see way more fringe benefits coming to CEOs in portland I will tell you that..I wonder how creative they will get to get to go around this law?

This is how stupid liberals are..make one law you just opened up a hundered loop holes..I am going to follow this one closely just to make fun of the OP when it back fires :)

That's just the way liberals think. Tax the rich that make our products and provide jobs! Yeah, that will create new jobs and industry!

Kind of like McCain thinking that if he could restrict money going to candidates, they could not be bought off. So now we have PAC's and they do the bidding for the candidate instead. Nothing was gained.

No they tax the shit out of the poor too. As soon as a poor person earns a mere $8,000 whammo they slam them with a 9% income tax.

The largest employer in Oregon...state and local government. It takes a lot of tax revenue to support that many people on the government dole.

Lol

They'll be no need to follow it beyond the first court challenge. It will be found unconstitutional.

Lol

I agree. Look for businesses to leave Portland.

Shittingbull and the rest of the lefty lous think everyone should make the same wages. The floor sweeper should make what a CEO makes.

Income equality my ass.

Is punishing companies based on OBJECTIVE (progressive) government analysis regarding 'unfair' pay distribution 'legal'?

Basically the local govt is using its authority to legally tax to control / punish companies IT feels is 'being bad'.

This sounds like a bunch of 'social justice' bullshit that government at any level should not be involved in.

The only thing they will succeed in doing is driving away businesses and losing jobs.

Great idea.....

Liberal logic always blows my mind on theft of money In the way of taxes.

"Well this CEO is making 100 times more then his janitor.."

"I know what we will do we tax him and keep part of that money for ourself so we can have a meeting in the bahamas.. Yea thats what we will do.."

God who are they trying to bullshit.

So I'll ask this question again
If CEO pay was slashed what makes you think employees would get paid more?

And what makes you think the fucking government will give that money to employees?

And what makes you think these companies just won't move to a friendlier state and take the jobs with them?

This is more idiotic policy from the wack job left

Last edited:
Portland and Seattle are duking it out for the Land of Oz title. The competition is fierce as they try to outdo each other. No amount of failure or bad consequences will stand in their way, they'll just interpret it as not enough.

Forum List

Back