Oh-----ok ----that makes sense----GIFT GIVING in Islamic circles IS A SERIOUS business.
It is done FOR CAUSE AND MOTIVE-------I do agree with that statement------however I do not
agree with the statement "a way of offering part of themselves". Have you ever heard of the
POTLATCH of the Trobrianders of the SOUTH PACIFIC? ---- the gift giving muslims practice is
akin to that custom---------I have lots of experience with muslims, too. -----I also read the writings
of Malinowsky--------the prof. made me do it

I understand. Isn't the purpose of this thread to determine why Pope John Paul II kissed the Koran? He saw it as a gift, respectfully given, with good intent. He identified a unifying moment between two brothers, two faiths.

I have no doubt that if the circumstances had been different--say the Pope was commanded to kiss the Koran and spit on the Bible--Pope John Paul II would have reacted differently.

I do understand that, even so, some are horrified because they may perceive it as a type of Judas kiss. Pope John Paul's prior and post actions should help people to understand it was the first, not the second, that was in his heart when he accepted the gift with a kiss.

Is there any reason to believe the Muslims presented the gift with ill intent?

Oh-----ok ----that makes sense----GIFT GIVING in Islamic circles IS A SERIOUS business.
It is done FOR CAUSE AND MOTIVE-------I do agree with that statement------however I do not
agree with the statement "a way of offering part of themselves". Have you ever heard of the
POTLATCH of the Trobrianders of the SOUTH PACIFIC? ---- the gift giving muslims practice is
akin to that custom---------I have lots of experience with muslims, too. -----I also read the writings
of Malinowsky--------the prof. made me do it

I understand. Isn't the purpose of this thread to determine why Pope John Paul II kissed the Koran? He saw it as a gift, respectfully given, with good intent. He identified a unifying moment between two brothers, two faiths.

I have no doubt that if the circumstances had been different--say the Pope was commanded to kiss the Koran and spit on the Bible--Pope John Paul II would have reacted differently.

I do understand that, even so, some are horrified because they may perceive it as a type of Judas kiss. Pope John Paul's prior and post actions should help people to understand it was the first, not the second, that was in his heart when he accepted the gift with a kiss.

Is there any reason to believe the Muslims presented the gift with ill intent?

No their intentions were noble and good just as were the intentions of Missionary people who forced
native American children into monasteries to be taught that their culture is shit and CATHOLICISM is
terrific. For a nice PONDER MOMENT------I will ask you to think about how the person who
presented the KORAN would have reacted had the POPE ------KINDLY OFFERED to give a gift of
100,000 bibles to the people of Saudi arabia------or even if the pope had thanked the man and handed
him a ------CATHOLIC BIBLE??? got a notion?. I do------not from idiot diplomatic moments----but
from the real experiences of real HUMAN BEINGS

On reason of the interreligious dialogue - and maybe also on the reason to show, that he was not full of mistrust against all Muslims only because a Muslim once tried to murder him. And as far as I understood Mohammed said only that people who believe in the trinity "God father, mother Mary and Jesus" are not Christians. And Mohammed was not wrong to say so. The holy family is Joseph, mother Mary and Jesus - the tri-unity is God father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus, the son of god.
In general: Muslims don't share our belief in the triune god - nevertheless they and we believe in the same god, because there is only one god. The concept "tri-une" is not so difficult to understand as lots of people think. The space for example has different directions: fortward-backward, left-right, up-down. But there's always only space in all directions and everywhere are this three dimensions. Without no one could find any way. And please: I said not god is space - I showed only that it is not difficult to understand the word tri-une.

Actually my question was more about why would the head of the Catholic church bowingly kiss a religious book that says that Jesus is NOT the Son of God...

After the various Crusades and murders of Muslims in the name of Catholicism this isn't the worst thing I can imagine.

But the Qur'an says that Jesus is NOT the Son of God...why would the head of the Catholic church bowingly kiss a religious book that says that???

On reason of the interreligious dialogue - and maybe also on the reason to show, that he was not full of mistrust against all Muslims only because a Muslim once tried to murder him. And as far as I understood Mohammed said only that people who believe in the trinity "God father, mother Mary and Jesus" are not Christians. And Mohammed was not wrong to say so. The holy family is Joseph, mother Mary and Jesus - the tri-unity is God father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus, the son of god.
In general: Muslims don't share our belief in the triune god - nevertheless they and we believe in the same god, because there is only one god. The concept "tri-une" is not so difficult to understand as lots of people think. The space for example has different directions: fortward-backward, left-right, up-down. But there's always only space in all directions and everywhere are this three dimensions. Without no one could find any way. And please: I said not god is space - I showed only that it is not difficult to understand the word tri-une.

Actually my question was more about why would the head of the Catholic church bowingly kiss a religious book that says that Jesus is NOT the Son of God...

He wanted to HAND THE UMMAH -----A ***GIANT COUP**** over the "PERVERSE LIARS WHO WROTE
THE NEW TESTAMENT-----THE ENEMEEEEEES OF ISLAAAAAM" maybe he wanted to justify
the mosque snickers over that idiot idea of "turn the cheek" and justify the desecration of bibles and
churches and Christian symbols in HOLY SHARIAH ADHERENT societies

After the various Crusades and murders of Muslims in the name of Catholicism this isn't the worst thing I can imagine.

But the Qur'an says that Jesus is NOT the Son of God...why would the head of the Catholic church bowingly kiss a religious book that says that???

What the hell does kissing a scriptural book have to do with agreeing with the details in it?

Same question I asked when the Pope kissed the wailing wall
AP_pope_mar_140526_16x9_992.jpg

What the hell does kissing a scriptural book have to do with agreeing with the details in it?

sorta------it does. Especially if the kisser is a pope. Ya think he would kiss a copy of DAS KAPITAL?----
for that matter -----Ya think that the AYATOILET KHOMEINI would kiss a copy of the bible?

would any Baptist minister kiss an artistic rendering of the Kama Sudtra?

Ya think he would kiss a copy of DAS KAPITAL?----

That ain't a religious book. Apples and economic theory books.

Ya think that the AYATOILET KHOMEINI would kiss a copy of the bible?

There's no such person, so probably not.
But what would it indicate if he did? That he believes in a ban on cross-breeding animals (Lev. 19:19)?

Again, not a religious book. Apples and misspelled artistic renderings of sex techniques.

Ya think he would kiss a copy of DAS KAPITAL?----

That ain't a religious book. Apples and economic theory books.

Ya think that the AYATOILET KHOMEINI would kiss a copy of the bible?

There's no such person, so probably not.
But what would it indicate if he did?

Again, not a religious book. Apples and misspelled artistic renderings of sex techniques.

the KAMA SUDTRA is a Hindu scriptural writing ------ok how about the RAMAYANA??

From the land of "Is your Momma Catholic and can she make a roux" I would think you would understand the freak out. Its a big deal if a Catholic embraces the Quran let alone the fucking Pope my friend.

This is wrong. I jaked upped from High Anglican in my journey. I had to prove my Catholic intentions from Anglican. So for this Pope to do this.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Aye Carumba!!!!!!!!

From the land of "Is your Momma Catholic and can she make a roux" I would think you would understand the freak out. Its a big deal if a Catholic embraces the Quran let alone the fucking Pope my friend.

This is wrong. I jaked upped from High Anglican in my journey. I had to prove my Catholic intentions from Anglican. So for this Pope to do this.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Aye Carumba!!!!!!!!

:wtf:

Most inchoate post yet.

"Embraces" ... "kisses"... know the difference.

Same question I asked when the Pope kissed the wailing wall
AP_pope_mar_140526_16x9_992.jpg

The Wailing Wall does not say that God does NOT have children thereby saying that the Christian Scriptures are FALSE, nor does the Wailing Wall say this:

"[O ye who believe!] There is for you an excellent example (to follow) in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people: 'We are clear of you and of whatever ye worship besides Allah: we have rejected you, and there has arisen, between us and you, ENMITY AND HATRED FOR EVER - unless ye believe in Allah and Him alone':..." (Qur'an 60:4.)

Forum List

Back