Pope Francis to be Replaced by a Nigerian Cardinal?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
cardinal-robert-sarah-2.jpg

Why not? Nothing about the Roman Catholic church should surprise anyone any more.

Here’s part of one of his speeches:

Sarah told the young pilgrims that "western society has chosen to establish itself without God," and that without God, it will become the "cradle of an ethical and moral terrorism more virulent and more destructive than Islamist terrorism." Without Christ, this lion from Africa said, Europe would be a society of "error, hopeless nihilism, or aggressive Islamism."

Much more, if you can deal with it, @ Why Cardinal Robert Sarah Is Mentioned as a Possible Successor to Pope Francis

If human rights isn't the core of western society than we're no better then islamic countries and its terrorist.

I don't trust most of Africa to stand up for what's right against haters of freedom and liberty.

Well, I hope I don’t get any emails from the new Pope trying to get me to launder money for him (after putting up thousands in my own money to get things started).

In Cardinal Sarah's book God or Nothing, he talks about the sinfulness of the western world...that westerners in general are not God centered. I think he goes a bit far in his disdain for the west but he's not entirely wrong. Would he be a good Pope? Maybe. He's done well in the jobs he's had with the Church so far and he appears to be old school Catholic.

Maybe I'm missing something. The OP link wouldn't load, so I didn't read it.

cardinal-robert-sarah-2.jpg

Why not? Nothing about the Roman Catholic church should surprise anyone any more.

Here’s part of one of his speeches:

Sarah told the young pilgrims that "western society has chosen to establish itself without God," and that without God, it will become the "cradle of an ethical and moral terrorism more virulent and more destructive than Islamist terrorism." Without Christ, this lion from Africa said, Europe would be a society of "error, hopeless nihilism, or aggressive Islamism."

Much more, if you can deal with it, @ Why Cardinal Robert Sarah Is Mentioned as a Possible Successor to Pope Francis
He's not wrong. I like this guy. It is better to swim upstream, against the tide than it is to acquiesce to the moral depravity of a materialist secular society.

No one is able to replace Francesco. Catholics don't believe human beings are a replaceable part of a machine. We will see who will be the next Catholic who is called to have to accept the burden to be Pope, if a next Pope will exist at all. Perhaps Francesco is the last. So listen to him.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back